3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

It's very sad to see Tyson attacked in such a manner...

I hope everyone can see that not all "privates" are the same. I am 100% sure you'd never see a post like that from a true CPA Dad or fan.

It's CPA's mission to create good men not just good athletes and that's a big reason CPA stays in 3A and doesn't want to be in a private only bubble. CPA does not think themselves better (in a non football way) than any school they play and truly wants to show love not the venom I've seen from some individuals in the little time I've been on this board.

With that said I hope we beat the stew out of you Alcoa guys Friday! If not, you'll see the real CPA fans congratulate with all honesty.

Do you represent CPA? 

I really doubt it. 40 pages so far. of course, 20 of those are the boog.

Now a football question. how many Alcoa starters play both ways. I know they have a larger squad and more depth than CPA. CPA has, I think, 3 or 4 who play both ways. The 3 RB's split carries and all play defense, so they stay pretty fresh. Johnson and Osborne play almost all snaps both way. They are both very underrated players and, IMO, should be All-State as well as Hockaday and Howell. 

I really doubt it. 40 pages so far. of course, 20 of those are the boog.

Now a football question. how many Alcoa starters play both ways. I know they have a larger squad and more depth than CPA. CPA has, I think, 3 or 4 who play both ways. The 3 RB's split carries and all play defense, so they stay pretty fresh. Johnson and Osborne play almost all snaps both way. They are both very underrated players and, IMO, should be All-State as well as Hockaday and Howell. 

Offense line, QB, FB & RB do not play defense. The second string QB does play second string DB. One LB will sometimes play FB. 2 DB's have run special plays on offense. No starters play both ways that I can think?

• Upvote 1

It's very sad to see Tyson attacked in such a manner...

I hope everyone can see that not all "privates" are the same. I am 100% sure you'd never see a post like that from a true CPA Dad or fan.

It's CPA's mission to create good men not just good athletes and that's a big reason CPA stays in 3A and doesn't want to be in a private only bubble. CPA does not think themselves better (in a non football way) than any school they play and truly wants to show love not the venom I've seen from some individuals in the little time I've been on this board.

With that said I hope we beat the stew out of you Alcoa guys Friday! If not, you'll see the real CPA fans congratulate with all honesty.

Glad we reached the Presbyterians at last!!!

If you beat the stew out of Alcoa then you will have earned it.

I've said it before and I will say it again. To be the best you have to play and beat the best, and Alcoa is the standard the last decade (or more). Hey, I'm old enough to remember Albert Davis. I talked with Parker Howell tonight and he is ready to go. Glad for us but also glad that a senior doesn't miss the chance to play in the title game. He's a great young man.

Glad Mr Howell will be up to it. I would hate to see him miss the dance. Should be a great game and hope for safe travels and an injury free game.

Offense line, QB, FB & RB do not play defense. The second string QB does play second string DB. One LB will sometimes play FB. 2 DB's have run special plays on offense. No starters play both ways that I can think?

I thought maybe one of the linemen did, but maybe not.

Edited by TornadoTouchdownTime