3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

really? Come on man, its a high school football page. Don't let one jerk get to you. Some on here take it way to far. Adults need to be adults and set example for the kids to follow. I think Tricky is seen by all for what he is.

UCM....the snail end of the goon squad sought out and got what they wanted.....everyone knows that they have one of here own that will bring young children into the chat when he has been smack around and back in a corner; but interestingly all the Goons defend him on here.....the moderators should put a foot to them when they do that....how long you been reading post on CoachT; you got 2 or 3 Goons causing all the problems and the rest are good....and those 2 or 3 are definitley seen for what they are...you will see them when they respond to this post; they shut down the last thread

Edited by Booger

I noticed on the CoachT home page that the Big Ones predictions are running about 60-40 for Alcoa. Given Alcoa's dominance over 3A since like forever (with the 2 year exception of CAK) I would have thought that there would be a much higher number favoring Alcoa. More like the Maryville 90% number. I don't know if this is significant in any way. Just interesting.

it should be Alcoa.....60-40 or 70-30; not sure.....it is known that they are not as good as they have been in the past; but that program up there doesn't always have to be great.....CAK was better than them 2 years, then Alcoa takes it back....CPA is very capable of taking it away from them Friday....if not; give #14 away

what's your score prediction?

I had a 28-21 in my early playoff pick thread; though ND was my favorite and that was over CPA.....obviously we could not pull it off so I have let the score stand for hopes of gaining 3 points in the contest......given the 28 to CPA.....would be a little easier to lean the other way if not for 2 or 3 of there reps

Will CPA be willing to change up their defensive scheme to stop Alcoa. Last year they did not and it cost them. The semi finals last year Lewis Co kept exploiting them and they did not change. Their stubbornness to change I believe will be their downfall. Sell out to the run, you have the guys that can possibly slow down Alcoa, something others teams have not had.

just line up and meet the 2 backs blocking out of the backfield for that hoss of a back.....and do your best to stop it....they cant pass much; but on most they dont have too.......oh and don't turn the ball over when you have it......those long hard punishing drives they create makes it difficult to catch up

Will CPA be willing to change up their defensive scheme to stop Alcoa. Last year they did not and it cost them. The semi finals last year Lewis Co kept exploiting them and they did not change. Their stubbornness to change I believe will be their downfall. Sell out to the run, you have the guys that can possibly slow down Alcoa, something others teams have not had.

Very interesting and insightful observation. I think they made some changes during the finals last year, but they may have been too few and too late. Of course, having the athletes that Alcoa has and the depth that Alcoa has may be the sole reason for last year's downfall.

just line up and meet the 2 backs blocking out of the backfield for that hoss of a back.....and do your best to stop it....they cant pass much; but on most they dont have too.......oh and don't turn the ball over when you have it......those long hard punishing drives they create makes it difficult to catch up

So in the Alcoa-ND game, Alcoa had three touchdowns from turnovers. Correct? But Alcoa also had 310 yards of total offense which says they moved the ball a lot. It would appear from the stats that Alcoa should have scored more than 28 points. So were there several long drives that resulted in no points?

you insult the CPA people lessur; .......and they read threads.............they know ND lost and they know Booger never complained, nor did he do anything but talk positive about the Alcoa team and their players after that lost.....what they also know is that Booger don't put up with the elementary level rhetoric from the cellar level of the Goon squad.........go back to the early threads of November when the Goons beetles invaded the ND threads w/ the same worthless crap you see on here......only the Goons top tier are able to come onto these forums and talk FB w/out youtube videos or cheap shots at young men...........those people from middle TN are much smarter than some of you Goons give them credit for...........what the CPA people have witnessed is someone who can knock down the cellar portion of the Goon squad at their own game at ease when Ned and his 1st reader disrupts a FB conversation w/ elementary rhetoric like they do in any thread they enter .......notice how quite and professional the CPA people are; they don't bite on your crap like Booger does.......they try to engage in conversation; but the lower level Goons can't engage in conversation....... everyone is aware of it.....and they will see the guilty Goons respond to these comments in their normal fashion..

CPA people just want want to talk FB w/ anyone else wanting to talk FB; but the Soggy Bottom Boy portion of the Goon squad want let that happen.....Booger just wants to talk FB; he just don't take classless well

Shall we talk CPA-Alcoa FB?

Booger just sayin... :mrgreen:

Sorry Booger, your day is over. Its CPA's day to dominate this thread not yours.

From here on out I will...

Boycott Booger

Who does CPA have at WR? Stats?

I don't have stats at my disposal... But I say not to sleep on JR Osborne #7. He is a great athlete. I love seeing him make a long TD and then line up to kick the extra point :). He kicked a field goal of 53 yards this year...

Joseph Richard #88 had surgery recently so doubt he will be involved :(

I don't have stats at my disposal... But I say not to sleep on JR Osborne #7. He is a great athlete. I love seeing him make a long TD and then line up to kick the extra point :). He kicked a field goal of 53 yards this year...

Joseph Richard #88 had surgery recently so doubt he will be involved :(

Wow 53 yds is long at any level. Hate it for #88.

So in the Alcoa-ND game, Alcoa had three touchdowns from turnovers. Correct? But Alcoa also had 310 yards of total offense which says they moved the ball a lot. It would appear from the stats that Alcoa should have scored more than 28 points. So were there several long drives that resulted in no points?

yes!

5 turnovers with 3 that resulted in drives to the end zone....the first turnover being a great play in 1st qtr. by one of their DB when he stripped a pass catch from one of our receivers and went about 45 yds. for 7-0.....2nd turnover was a fumble on our own 25ish also in the 1st qtr.; they made a drive down and #2 went in from 2-4 yds to make it 14-0 by the end of the 1st qtr.....#2 scored in the 2nd qtr. on a 20-25 yarder to make it 21-0 Alcoa.....2 qtr. we intercepted the 1st of only 2 passes Alcoa threw I think......then we scored 2x in the last 28 seconds of the 2nd qtr. to make it 21-13 at the half.

3rd turnover for a score was a pass interception by Alcoa beginning of 2nd half on our side of the field again....they made a drive and #2 scored again from 2 or 3 yards...28-13 Alcoa....with about 10 minutes left in the game, ND scores after a long drive to make it 28-19 Alcoa......Alcoa recovers our onside kick......Game over and Lights Out for ND

we fumbled a punt on our side of the field also; but they could not convert......we for sure squandered our chances; but they just pounded us, and pounded us...those 2 backs blocking for #2 was a challenge for sure; but we halted drives....

that is what leads me to believe that if CPA can hold on to the ball and execute; they can beat Alcoa...a huge task of course; but doable.....got to figure all the Goons were predicting Alcoa to be in the 40's and us being anywhere from 7 to 14 points....CPA's chances are just as good as Alcoa's to carrying the trophy home