3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Sorry Booger, your day is over. Its CPA's day to dominate this thread not yours.

From here on out I will...

Boycott Booger

you have proven your voice is worthless.....Booger will miss you lepper....if CPA is to dominated this thread, you and a few other Goons will have to take a 3 day field trip to with their school

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I don't have stats at my disposal... But I say not to sleep on JR Osborne #7. He is a great athlete. I love seeing him make a long TD and then line up to kick the extra point :). He kicked a field goal of 53 yards this year...

Joseph Richard #88 had surgery recently so doubt he will be involved :(

if #7 is that good of a kicker, that could become a great asset in this game for you guys.....53 yds is a monster of a kick

One mistake that people who don't often play Alcoa make about Alcoa is thinking they are much more one dimensional than they actually are. They have a great power running game with #2, and normally that's about all they do because that's all they need to do. But when they need to do other things, they can. They have athletes who can get to the edges, a QB that is very shifty and keeps you honest on keepers and scrambles, and as always, athletes on special teams. A good example of this was in the playoff game of Alcoa / CAK. The Warriors actually had a pretty good game plan to contain #2, and really did a great job of that for about 3 quarters. But Alcoa still had other ways to move the ball. Having said that, it was that willingness to sell out to stop #2 that kept CAK in the game for 3 1/2 quarters. So, if CPA can line up and stop #2, it gives them a chance to make it interesting and possibly grab the gold trophy. But IMO it takes depth to be able to do that for 4 quarters. Whoever said Alcoa's line was weaker than usual is just incorrect.

Another major issue is getting Alcoa stopped before they get to 4 down territory. Once they get to the opponent's 40, it is really (REALLY) difficult to stop them from gaining 10 yards on 4 plays, unless Alcoa helps you out with penalties or TO's, which is rare. The keys to CPA having a crack, are in my opinion:

Field position: make Alcoa start deep, and get them stopped before they can use 4 downs

Stop the ground attack with #2 FIRST and make them beat you consistently, play after play, with their other weapons.

Consistently generate offense, both to keep that big Alcoa line from wearing on your defense, but even more importantly, keep putting up points and keep their offense on the sideline.

IMO, CPA will do well to get a FEW stops throughout the game. That means they have to capitalize virtually every time they have the ball on offense. Otherwise, this will be another gold ball for the same district, and another disappointed CPA team.

Just some observations from someone who has seen Alcoa several times a year for a long time. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Govolsknox

Wow 53 yds is long at any level. Hate it for #88.

Osborne is a great athlete and plays with an edge that helps him, IMO. Not dirty, but doesn't back down. He has 3 FGs over 50 yards at CPA and kicks off into the end zone fairly consistently in the 1st half but leg gets tired a bit late in game since he plays both ways. Actually, they let other kickers do the PATs (hope we have some) to give him a rest.

One mistake that people who don't often play Alcoa make about Alcoa is thinking they are much more one dimensional than they actually are. They have a great power running game with #2, and normally that's about all they do because that's all they need to do. But when they need to do other things, they can. They have athletes who can get to the edges, a QB that is very shifty and keeps you honest on keepers and scrambles, and as always, athletes on special teams. A good example of this was in the playoff game of Alcoa / CAK. The Warriors actually had a pretty good game plan to contain #2, and really did a great job of that for about 3 quarters. But Alcoa still had other ways to move the ball. Having said that, it was that willingness to sell out to stop #2 that kept CAK in the game for 3 1/2 quarters. So, if CPA can line up and stop #2, it gives them a chance to make it interesting and possibly grab the gold trophy. But IMO it takes depth to be able to do that for 4 quarters. Whoever said Alcoa's line was weaker than usual is just incorrect.

Another major issue is getting Alcoa stopped before they get to 4 down territory. Once they get to the opponent's 40, it is really (REALLY) difficult to stop them from gaining 10 yards on 4 plays, unless Alcoa helps you out with penalties or TO's, which is rare. The keys to CPA having a crack, are in my opinion:

Field position: make Alcoa start deep, and get them stopped before they can use 4 downs

Stop the ground attack with #2 FIRST and make them beat you consistently, play after play, with their other weapons.

Consistently generate offense, both to keep that big Alcoa line from wearing on your defense, but even more importantly, keep putting up points and keep their offense on the sideline.

IMO, CPA will do well to get a FEW stops throughout the game. That means they have to capitalize virtually every time they have the ball on offense. Otherwise, this will be another gold ball for the same district, and another disappointed CPA team.

Just some observations from someone who has seen Alcoa several times a year for a long time. Your mileage may vary.

Nice observations GVK. Your Warriors laid it on the line. Much respect. I expect us to play whatever style it takes to get another Gold Ball. If we can pound it, why do anything else???

Sorry Booger, your day is over. Its CPA's day to dominate this thread not yours.

From here on out I will...

Boycott Booger

Booger would like to retract part of his previous comment in response to this post by you, lessur........actually a great idea for you and just a few (know who they are) other goons to boycott Booger......will definitely make for a much better thread if just 2 or 3 of you can just halt your childish antics and rhetoric every time someone speaks out in favor of CPA or anyone else playing Alcoa

most stay away from your rhetoric; Booger knows yall's game; that is why you want to Boycott......because 2 or 3 of you have run into someone you cant manage.......the low end of the goon pole Boycotting Booger is welcomed.........will for sure cut down on the # of post that is being made in response to your jabs

But I will continue to play the goon game if yall want to play, with no intended disrespect to the CPA people

Booger just sayin

Booger would like to retract part of his previous comment in response to this post by you, lessur........actually a great idea for you and just a few (know who they are) other goons to boycott Booger......will definitely make for a much better thread if just 2 or 3 of you can just halt your childish antics and rhetoric every time someone speaks out in favor of CPA or anyone else playing Alcoa

most stay away from your rhetoric; Booger knows yall's game; that is why you want to Boycott......because 2 or 3 of you have run into someone you cant manage.......the low end of the goon pole Boycotting Booger is welcomed.........will for sure cut down on the # of post that is being made in response to your jabs

But I will continue to play the goon game if yall want to play, with no intended disrespect to the CPA people

Booger just sayin

Lets all Boycott Booger

Booger just sayin