3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Point is if you see a good athlete and approach him/her or the parents to "share" CPA, it is a violation. Does not matter whether you do it with CPA graces or not, but it does matter to follow the TSSAA rules if one is truly concerned about being above reproach and operating within the rules.

One thing hasn't change over the years, parental ignorance (and I don't say that in a critical sense simply a factual one), over what the recruiting rules are and what they are not along with what gets reported and what does not. You are right doesn't make you a hater, just wanted to check, since some under the delusion of what a hater is.

Good post. I'm sure there are a lot of the type of violations you outline going on across the state. Both public and private. Nobody can control their parents. And as you say most parents are not knowledgeable in the rules.

I've personally never approached a good athletes parents to share CPA. I don't know anyone who has. I'm sure it probably has happened, but I think the AD, coaches, or headmaster would shut it down quickly if they ever caught wind of it. That has not always been the case at other schools given my personal experience. I know it sounds like I have just drank the cool-aid, but I feel CPA is definitely not the win with no regard for the rules that some people want everyone to believe.

BTW, my recruitment has netted us a cheerleader.

Want to move on to college division 3 players being handed cash for summer school? I have experience there also... Lots of heinous rule breaking still going at that level though...

Not defending anyone Booger. Just keep reading thru the thread and seeing the same thing and wanted to state the obvious.

Beg to disagree, Sir..........Booger ain't denying the obvious BPM...... it is my plan to play every play in the cheap shot Goon game with the those Goons you are shying away from......it is most enjoyable and love it matter of fact....Booger and his assistant will take the shots at those few until those few goons figure it out and or there is a decision to occupy oneself with something else

the only thing obvious that is coming out of your reading at the moment is how one sided your aiming point on this "seeing the same thing" is

just sayin BPM.....

Good post. I'm sure there are a lot of the type of violations you outline going on across the state. Both public and private. Nobody can control their parents. And as you say most parents are not knowledgeable in the rules.

I've personally never approached a good athletes parents to share CPA. I don't know anyone who has. I'm sure it probably has happened, but I think the AD, coaches, or headmaster would shut it down quickly if they ever caught wind of it. That has not always been the case at other schools given my personal experience. I know it sounds like I have just drank the cool-aid, but I feel CPA is definitely not the win with no regard for the rules that some people want everyone to believe.

Maybe you missed it on the basketball thread when Blackwell came to CPA, I pointed out that he put a post on facebook where he claimed Lindseys mom called his mom about him playing at CPA.  He was at MBA at the time, and had offers at other privates as well.

I pointed it out at least a year, maybe 2 after he put it on facebook.  But within hours of my post here on CoachT, his post on facebook was deleted.

Yea, pretty sure somebody from CPA  "shut it down"...

Edited by rulefollower

as Booger makes his way to the dance.....I am reminded of all the hard work, dedication and good fortunes that it takes for the young men and coaches to be in position to win The Trophy....some there have done this dance many times and some have never been to this dance.....I have been fortunate to have experience this day myself on multiple occasions; wearing multiple different colors of course, than the Green and Gold....and because my Irish are not there today; envy surrounds me.......what a great great day

may these young men on the field today stay safe and injury free.... Amen!

Go CPA  :mrgreen:

Maybe you missed it on the basketball thread when Blackwell came to CPA, I pointed out that he put a post on facebook where he claimed Lindseys mom called his mom about him playing at CPA. He was at MBA at the time, and had offers at other privates as well.

I pointed it out at least a year, maybe 2 after he put it on facebook. But within hours of my post here on CoachT, his post on facebook was deleted.

Yea, pretty sure somebody from CPA "shut it down"...

I'm pretty sure Alcoa would kill our basketball team today in a football game even if Lindsey was still with us and the two moms played.

Kbrks coached basketball for six years at CPA. For the next EIGHT years he

has been complaining about how the program has been run. Oh, if only you'd put that energy toward something worthwhile! I wish CPA would move to DII if

only to give you an opportunity to work on a new project. GO LIONS!

just keep drinking the kool-aid...

may the rain hold off, and the best team win!

For fun I was skimming through the big thread about CPA basketball players and the hate toward Coach Maddux when a Facebook reminder popped up reminding me it was his birthday today. LOL

Edited by bcd