CPA goose eggs Alcoa and silences the goons!

ArmorOfGod316

I get you, I just dislike how it's usually used such as a coach saying a FCS or Division II team "got a steal". It just sounds insulting in some cases when there is actually often a good reason a player slips. Grade or behavior concerns, poor competition in high school, or just wasn't big or fast enough to play at a high level.

I get you, I just dislike how it's usually used such as a coach saying a FCS or Division II team "got a steal". It just sounds insulting in some cases when there is actually often a good reason a player slips. Grade or behavior concerns, poor competition in high school, or just wasn't big or fast enough to play at a high level.

Agreed.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard several coaches say that CPA will be better this upcoming fall than they've been any of the past 4 years under Martin & Co.

I know their schedule is brutal without question with the likes of Ensworth, Pearl-Cohn, and Knoxville Catholic on it.

I have said for the last four years- no way, not with all the players graduating but have been wrong all 4 years.  I have no clue but you are right schedule is brutal.

Don't shoot the messenger, but the CPA people I know feel they are at the top of 3a now and it will be many years before they are knocked off.

They fired the previous coach because he couldn't beat GP to get out of region, conquered GP, initially couldn't beat Milan, got over that hurdle, got whipped by Alcoa the 1st go around, turned the tables the past year and beat Alcoa at their own game. They like winning at CPA just about more than anything and won't easily give up the title of king of the hill.

Don't shoot the messenger, but the CPA people I know feel they are at the top of 3a now and it will be many years before they are knocked off.

They fired the previous coach because he couldn't beat GP to get out of region, conquered GP, initially couldn't beat Milan, got over that hurdle, got whipped by Alcoa the 1st go around, turned the tables the past year and beat Alcoa at their own game. They like winning at CPA just about more than anything and won't easily give up the title of king of the hill.

times always change..OSU was like 0-7 vs Sec in bowl games annd look at what they did to Bama. Enjoy it while it last. They could get swept into. The private/public split and be playing district games verse BA and MBA soon.