Region 6 5A: 2015 (9AAA & 12 AAA)

TheRealTruth

I would agree. Gallatin has all the potential in the world and someone needs to figure out how to harness it. I don't know what that takes...perhaps a new OC? Perhaps a new culture? Not sure what happens in a day to day but it's not the Gallatin that it used to be. This team is certainly no longer feared. They played a close game tonight and although I didn't see it, my guess is CR simply looked passed them.

Anyway, I hope they figure it out.

People need to stop sunshine pumping Gallatin like they have this wealth of talent that somehow goes unharnessed... It's not true. The population growth and talent in this county has grown, while Gallatin's talent has regressed as a result. Your coaches aren't world beaters, but Gallatin's struggles are bigger than that.

Good luck to the rest of the Region teams in the playoffs.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this part. The talent here is fine for the most part. They seem to fare well against Hendersonville and Beech in middle school and as Freshman? But yet you somehow believe your players talent level increases that much when they go to varsity over Gallatin's?? You have MAYBE 100 more kids in your school than Gallatin. Don't act like it's a numbers thing and you guys just have so such more of a pool of kids to pick from, you don't. Because it's just like most years, Hville is well coached, and that is generally what gives them the edge over some other teams. Bad part is, even though since William's arrival & having a 22-23 record, still somehow managed to be 2-2 against Hendersonville's monstrous amount of talent.

Edited by thegreatone36

People need to stop sunshine pumping Gallatin like they have this wealth of talent that somehow goes unharnessed... It's not true. The population growth and talent in this county has grown, while Gallatin's talent has regressed as a result. Your coaches aren't world beaters, but Gallatin's struggles are bigger than that.

Good luck to the rest of the Region teams in the playoffs.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this part. The talent here is fine for the most part. They seem to fare well against Hendersonville and Beech in middle school and as Freshman? But yet you somehow believe your players talent level increases that much when they go to varsity over Gallatin's?? You have MAYBE 100 more kids in your school than Gallatin. Don't act like it's a numbers thing and you guys just have so such more of a pool of kids to pick from, you don't. Because it's just like most years, Hville is well coached, and that is generally what gives them the edge over some other teams. Bad part is, even though since William's arrival & having a 22-23 record, still somehow managed to be 2-2 against Hendersonville's monstrous amount of talent.

When you lose by a combined score of 98-28 the past 2 years, then you have more than just a coaching issue. I'm not saying Hville has a "monstrous" amount more talent then Gallatin, but there's definitely a gap.

And pointing to freshman results can be tricky. Especially when Gallatin's new freshman coach is last year's Hawkins middle coach... The same Hawkins program who's been the main pipeline for Hville freshmen who went over 2 years without losing a game.

I wouldn't be happy with your staff either, but I don't think he has as much to work with as some of you would like to think.

Edited by insanlylargebarge

Hate to break it to you, but the talent isn't bad at Gallatin. They also have the best RB in the county. There are issues there right now no doubt. But there are good players on that field. 4 years ago when Gallatin had almost twice the talent than Hville (that's no exaggeration) you still had good enough coaching to come up with a good gameplan. Now that your talent has gotten better, it shows that your coaches are shining even more. Never underestimate the power of having good coaches on your staff.

I'm gonna go ahead and put it out there. Gallatin needs to go after Darren Bowling from Union City. I'd make him say no. Tornadoes have won 37 in a row, averaged like 60 points a game, and had 4 shutouts this year. Coaches like that are very rare in this state, and since we screwed up by not hiring Creasy, we need to go after a guy like Bowling.

That's impressive and I'm surely not going to belittle the guy, I know nothing of him, however it is 1A football. He apparently is a good coach, but I'm not sure I would be ready to give up on Williams. I hear there are some changes in the works. I'm not sure what those are and I believe I would afford him the opportunity to make some changes.

Normally I would agree. But changes were made last off season and we see how that turned out. As for the difference in competition... The same argument was made about Creasy when he interviewed for the job. We see what he has done in just his first year at Oakland. People argued that Quarles would suffer from tougher competition when Maryville moved up, but they are as dominant as ever. Coaches who win at the level of these guys simply find ways to win, no matter the classification.

I agree with eers. I am sure some changes are ahead. I also do agree with some of what thegreatone36 says just not the extreme negative by firing principals, coaches, etc. There is also some fiction thrown around on here. Some of the coaches names thrown on here is a farce. Creasy was not coming to Gallatin nor Crabtree. Though Gallatin has talent better than 4-6, it's not the talent expected to be there a couple years ago. You cannot judge based off success of feeder programs. Some kids have moved, changed schools, decided not to or can not play for a variety of reasons and not because of the coaches or the program. I am a supporter and want to see success. It is not my responsiblity to determine how. I look forward to next year with the majority of talent returning and a great freshman class that will move up and fill some key positions.