Region 6 5A: 2015 (9AAA & 12 AAA)

TheRealTruth

I certainly didn't mean to spark an argument. I'm merely concerned about the football program I've loved since I was old enough to know what a football was. It hurts to see Gallatin in such a dilapidated state. I understand rebuilding years. Talent is cyclical. But we are getting absolutely blown out by our competition lately. The most frustrating thing about all this to me is that since Calvin Short left, we have been systemic in turning down the right coach - only to hire the wrong one. Joslin instead of Rankin... Williams instead of Crabtree or Creasy... (Yes, all those coaches wanted the Gallatin job) The problem starts with the administration and QB club. Speaking of that, who is the current president of the gallatin qb club? if what I heard is correct, it's a beech alum??? Surely that information isn't true, right? Smh... I just don't get it. Gallatin has the talent pool, the money, the facilities, the fan support, and the tradition. Heck, we even have huge businesses (Gap, Beretta, etc...) to recruit players and parents like they do at Maryville and Alcoa. The one thing Gallatin lacks is leadership at an administrative and coaching level that demands excellence. Perhaps those days are gone for good, but I sure hope not.

I certainly didn't mean to spark an argument. I'm merely concerned about the football program I've loved since I was old enough to know what a football was. It hurts to see Gallatin in such a dilapidated state. I understand rebuilding years. Talent is cyclical. But we are getting absolutely blown out by our competition lately. The most frustrating thing about all this to me is that since Calvin Short left, we have been systemic in turning down the right coach - only to hire the wrong one. Joslin instead of Rankin... Williams instead of Crabtree or Creasy... (Yes, all those coaches wanted the Gallatin job) The problem starts with the administration and QB club. Speaking of that, who is the current president of the gallatin qb club? if what I heard is correct, it's a beech alum??? Surely that information isn't true, right? Smh... I just don't get it. Gallatin has the talent pool, the money, the facilities, the fan support, and the tradition. Heck, we even have huge businesses (Gap, Beretta, etc...) to recruit players and parents like they do at Maryville and Alcoa. The one thing Gallatin lacks is leadership at an administrative and coaching level that demands excellence. Perhaps those days are gone for good, but I sure hope not.

That Beech alum was Billy Gilbreath and he did a lot to support Gallatin in spite of the Beech supporters trying to get him back at Beech. The current president is Hollis Ruthledge and I assure you he is 110% Gallatin. The QB Club is doing as much as ever in trying to improve Gallatin Athletics. The list of board members alone would show that. The only two making decisions on the head coach would be Becker and Sanders. I have heard support for Williams, complaints, lack of talent, kids being lazy, everything is fine, can't coach, we need this guy or that guy, bring back Short, what are we doing, I support him fully, and everything under the sun. All I want to do is win!! Right now I do not care who wins just freaking get it ironed out and beat everybody else. I hear you can't blame the coaches then I hear you can't blame the kids. I hear from older alum how much we have fallen. I hear from the younger crowd how much things have changed since then. EVERY school and community under goes change!! Period!!! You have to find a way to coach it!!! I will support whomever is the coach and whomever is playing as long as they follow the rules!! Just go out there and beat somebody!! Until my opinion is asked then it just does not matter. But believe me when it gets asked I WILL give my 10 cents worth no matter who I like, dislike or whatever the situation. I fully support the Green Wave 100%!!

That Beech alum was Billy Gilbreath and he did a lot to support Gallatin in spite of the Beech supporters trying to get him back at Beech. The current president is Hollis Ruthledge and I assure you he is 110% Gallatin. The QB Club is doing as much as ever in trying to improve Gallatin Athletics. The list of board members alone would show that. The only two making decisions on the head coach would be Becker and Sanders. I have heard support for Williams, complaints, lack of talent, kids being lazy, everything is fine, can't coach, we need this guy or that guy, bring back Short, what are we doing, I support him fully, and everything under the sun. All I want to do is win!! Right now I do not care who wins just freaking get it ironed out and beat everybody else. I hear you can't blame the coaches then I hear you can't blame the kids. I hear from older alum how much we have fallen. I hear from the younger crowd how much things have changed since then. EVERY school and community under goes change!! Period!!! You have to find a way to coach it!!! I will support whomever is the coach and whomever is playing as long as they follow the rules!! Just go out there and beat somebody!! Until my opinion is asked then it just does not matter. But believe me when it gets asked I WILL give my 10 cents worth no matter who I like, dislike or whatever the situation. I fully support the Green Wave 100%!!

Totally respect and agree with this post.

Situation at MJ is a lot worse than Gallatin. If the Wave were in MJ's region they would be top 3. Gallatin played a lot tougher schedule than MJ (Henry County, Springfield plus the region ). MJ in addition to the region losses also lost to the 4th place team and 6th place in region 6 class 5-A.

I believe the situation at Gallatin needs more attention. I do believe MJ would have lost to the other top 3 teams in 6-5A, but I think more of it is athletes than coaching. I believe Gallatin has the athletes to compete, but they weren't even really competitive. I don't really know their coach or what happens throughout the week. What I do know is the product that was put on the field on Friday nights was subpar at best. I look to see some changes but I don't think I will be with the HC. Just my two cents.

And that ladies and gentlemen just about sums it up. No matter what you do, there will be supporters and naysayers, until you win!

Not a Gallatin supporter so my opinion is from afar. For the answer to this look at the 2 feeder middle schools for the past 5-6 years. For the most part Shafer (100% go to GHS) has been way below average while Rucker Stewart (60 to 70% go to GHS) has been pretty good. More about the Jimmys and the Joes than the X's and O's. Look at the top 4 in the district, lots of "home run hitters". Not meant to disparage current players but just a fact in my opinion. They did have the best freshman team they have had in the past 7 or 8 years this year for what that is worth. It ain't coaching folks.

Not a Gallatin supporter so my opinion is from afar. For the answer to this look at the 2 feeder middle schools for the past 5-6 years. For the most part Shafer (100% go to GHS) has been way below average while Rucker Stewart (60 to 70% go to GHS) has been pretty good. More about the Jimmys and the Joes than the X's and O's. Look at the top 4 in the district, lots of "home run hitters". Not meant to disparage current players but just a fact in my opinion. They did have the best freshman team they have had in the past 7 or 8 years this year for what that is worth. It ain't coaching folks.

I'm not sure... I see what I consider one of the biggest mistakes coaches make (perhaps the biggest if we don't count clock management), that being trying to make players fit "their" system rather than fitting a system to accommodate the talent you have. Gallatin has athletes.

There is one certain position that has been lacking elite play this year, hurting them a lot. QB play. May be a good kid idk, but ball isn't getting to the wide outs. Hope some things get addressed next year, cause Mason can be something special for Gallatin if he can get some help from some other players. Give the O some balance. And they need a killer instinct on D. Look way too soft at times.