top ten A poll

90warrior

The AP polls means next to nothing. Only one time has it came to fruition and that was last year with UC winning over a depleted Jackson County team. Middleton is no doubt a quality team and will most likely be in the tournament but i wouldn't give them the gold ball just yet my friend.

the only team that will beat Middleton is a 7A all-star team... Lol just kidding... But trust me when I say Middleton is legit. Best team in all classes in rural west TN.

GCPioneer...Blackman only beat MHEA by 10.  Could have beaten them worse, but that takes nothing away from MHEA.  They are a really good team and the top Home School team in the country.  It was a quality win for Middleton, but Middleton does not play a good schedule overall.  The numbers and facts don't lie.

Edited by WarriorFan

GCPioneer...Blackman only beat MHEA by 10. Could have beaten them worse, but that takes nothing away from MHEA. They are a really good team. It was a quality win for Middleton, but Middleton does not play a good schedule overall. The numbers don't lie.

Overall, maybe not... But there are quality teams on that schedule with MHEA being the toughest. Haywood, despite a .500 record, is a quality team for any single A team to play. H.W. Byers may be down some this year, but they're a traditional Mississippi power. Middleton has a UTM signee in Deja Faulkner, a Union commit in Averyale Joy, Rachelle Parks in the post who will play college ball, and a stud sophomore wing who is legit. Whenever Middleton hoist the gold in March, just say you heard it from me first...
  • Upvote 1

Overall, maybe not... But there are quality teams on that schedule with MHEA being the toughest. Haywood, despite a .500 record, is a quality team for any single A team to play. H.W. Byers may be down some this year, but they're a traditional Mississippi power. Middleton has a UTM signee in Deja Faulkner, a Union commit in Averyale Joy, Rachelle Parks in the post who will play college ball, and a stud sophomore wing who is legit. Whenever Middleton hoist the gold in March, just say you heard it from me first...

What decade was HW Byers a power????  They haven't had a winning season since 2007-08.

Here is their record for the past 6 seasons before this year:

6-17

6-17

7-14

7-15

2-18

1-17

Byers is just another pansy team on Middleton's schedule.  :flower:  I was thinking Byers might be a "powerhouse" after reading comments from others til I did research on M A X P R E P S.   Here is a link if you wish to do research on this MS monster of a team.  http://tinyurl.com/p7o7f6z

GCP.....if you want to say that HW Byers is traditionaly a good/great team, you have to back it up with facts.....otherwise, you are trying to puff up a weak team to make Middleton look like they have beaten some really good competition.  Byers hasnt had a winning season since even the seniors were in grade school.

Edited by WarriorFan
  • Upvote 1

What decade was HW Byers a power???? They haven't had a winning season since 2007-08.

6-17

6-17

7-14

7-15

2-18

1-17

Byers is just another pansy team on Middleton's schedule. :flower: I was thinking Byers might be a "powerhouse" after reading comments from others til I did research on M A X P R E P S. Here is a link if you wish to do research on this MS monster of a team. http://tinyurl.com/p7o7f6z

GCP.....if you want to say that HW Byers is traditionaly a good/great team, you have to back it up with facts.....otherwise, you are trying to puff up a weak team to make Middleton look like they have beaten some really good competition. Byers hasnt had a winning season since even the seniors were in grade school. Check your facts again...

Edited by GCPioneer

I have to agree with GC. Middleton played tough against UC last year in UC in the substate. Had they played in Middleton the game could easily have gone the other way and Middleton could be trying to repeat. Given that and that they return EVERYONE, they bring home the gold ball.

Don't forget as 4 sophomores and 1 freshmen they played UC close 2013 the year before 2012 that and as 4 freshmen and 1 8th grader they lost a close game at LC

What decade was HW Byers a power????  They haven't had a winning season since 2007-08.

6-17

6-17

7-14

7-15

2-18

1-17

Byers is just another pansy team on Middleton's schedule.  :flower:  I was thinking Byers might be a "powerhouse" after reading comments from others til I did research on M A X P R E P S.   Here is a link if you wish to do research on this MS monster of a team.  http://tinyurl.com/p7o7f6z

GCP.....if you want to say that HW Byers is traditionaly a good/great team, you have to back it up with facts.....otherwise, you are trying to puff up a weak team to make Middleton look like they have beaten some really good competition.  Byers hasnt had a winning season since even the seniors were in grade school.

You looked up the wrong Byers High School. This is the link for HW Byers in Mississippi. http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/byers-lions-(holly-springs,ms)/girls-basketball/home.htm

right! I thought I was right on that... H.W. Byers that Middleton played is 7-3 and one of those losses was a beat down by Middleton... So what do you say to that Riverdale...?

right! I thought I was right on that... H.W. Byers that Middleton played is 7-3 and one of those losses was a beat down by Middleton... So what do you say to that Riverdale...?

I was wrong!  Definitely had the wrong Byers HS in.  My apologies.  The rest of my post is accurate tho, and that still only gives Middleton playing 5 teams with winning records.  Outside of that error, I stand behind my post.

Edited by WarriorFan