top ten A poll

90warrior

What a joke, there are no serious contenders on Middleton's schedule for 1A state.  Keep dreaming

Middleton will smack Jackson Co. and Clarkrange this year, trust me.... You thought Union City was tough?.... Middleton is a bit better than last years Union a City team. I'll post a little short video for you here in a little bit and you can get an idea of how good Middleton is....

I am sure I am biased but I am pretty sure the schedule Community has played is tougher than that of Middleton. Community may not be as good as Middleton though. Community has a record of only 10-5, but they have challenged themselves schedule wise. Off the top of my head they have played Smyrna, Central Magnet from Murfreesboro, Franklin Co, Warren Co, Giles co, Pickett Co, and Pope John Paul twice. To me, that's better than most in class A. They play in a district that is not as good as 7A, but it right up there with the rest in class A. Community is a good team with the capability of making it to state and core of the team is mostly juniors and sophomores. They were in substate last year. Tough task tomorrow with MTCS coming to town.

I know every one is counting out UC this year but just letting you know that they are 8-1 this year vs 1A TN teams...Out of the 20 (12-8) games they have played only 9 have been against 1A teams...They have played two 6A Ky teams, two 5A Ky teams and one 2A Ky team (ALL across the border in Kentucky)...Those schools have a cumulative record of 43-28...UC is 2-3 vs those teams...UC has played 6 2A and 3A Tennessee teams that have a cumulative record of 56-33...UC is 2-4 against them...UC will be a 20-win team again and will be better come tournament time...

Guess everybody else should just stay at home.

I just don't see anyone matching their speed, size or athleticism. Everyone says Middleton hasn't played strong teams, they're sadly mistaken. I just speak the truth about teams I see. West TN might have back-to-back undefeated state champs in Union City last year and Middleton this year.

I don't get to 7-a every night but I have seen Clarkrange, Pickett, and Jackson this year a couple of times. I also have seen MTCS, Community, and Forrest. We all know in a one game situation anything can happen. But top to bottom District is better as far as quality of teams. Because Moore County, Eagleville, and Huntland are just better than Monterey andClay County in the bottom half of the district.

I just don't see anyone matching their speed, size or athleticism. Everyone says Middleton hasn't played strong teams, they're sadly mistaken. I just speak the truth about teams I see. West TN might have back-to-back undefeated state champs in Union City last year and Middleton this year.

GCPioneer.....You seem to have a really good knowledge of West TN basketball, but I expected more from you than spreading propaganda and untruths.  Here are the records of teams Middleton has played:

Haywood Co  9-8

Jackson Northside  3-11

Jackson Central Merry  1-13

Hardin Co  2-11

McNairy Central  8-8

HW Byers  7-3

Trinity Christian  9-8

Scotts Hill  7-7

Jackson Christian  4-10

Madison Academic  1-13

Lausanne 3-5

MHEA  19-4

Southaven  13-3

The numbers don't lie....if you check who these teams have actually beaten themselves, you come to find out the competition is horrible.  Outside of MHEA and Southaven, Middleton should be embarrassed scheduling the teams outside the district they have beaten.

The schedule gets even more pansy in the second half of the season.  The three teams Middleton plays outside of their district games have records as follows:

Fayette Ware 3-10

Humbolt 0-12

Walnut High (MS) 8-4 (last years record was 12-14 and the year before that, they were 7-23)

The one District team they have not yet played is Adamsville that sports a 7-7 record.

Out of 14 games played so far, Middleton has only played 5 teams with winning records, and two of the 5 are barely winning with 9-8 records.  I am not saying they won't make a run and maybe win the Class A State Championship, but saying Middleton plays good competition is hilarious.  MHEA is by far the best team they played and beat.  If these are what you guys call good basketball teams in West TN, I am beyond puzzled.  :wacko:

Edited by WarriorFan

Looks like the AP agrees with me as well. Middleton is and will stay no. 1 all season...

The AP polls means next to nothing.  Only one time has it came to fruition and that was last year with UC winning over a depleted Jackson County team.  Middleton is no doubt a quality team and will most likely be in the tournament but i wouldn't give them the gold ball just yet my friend.

GCPioneer.....You seem to have a really good knowledge of West TN basketball, but I expected more from you than spreading propaganda and untruths. Here are the records of teams Middleton has played:

Haywood Co 9-8

Jackson Northside 3-11

Jackson Central Merry 1-13

Hardin Co 2-11

McNairy Central 8-8

HW Byers 7-3

Trinity Christian 9-8

Scotts Hill 7-7

Jackson Christian 4-10

Madison Academic 1-13

Lausanne 3-5

MHEA 19-4

Southaven 13-3

The numbers don't lie....if you check who these teams have actually beaten themselves, you come to find out the competition is horrible. Outside of MHEA and Southaven, Middleton should be embarrassed scheduling the teams outside the district they have beaten.

The schedule gets even more pansy in the second half of the season. The three teams Middleton plays outside of their district games have records as follows:

Fayette Ware 3-10

Humbolt 0-12

Walnut High (MS) 8-4 (last years record was 12-14 and the year before that, they were 7-23)

Out of 14 games played, Middleton has only played 5 teams with winning records, and two of the 5 are barely winning with 9-8 records. I am not saying they won't make a run and maybe win the Class A State Championship, but saying Middleton plays good competition is hilarious. MHEA is by far the best team they played and beat. If these are what you guys call good basketball teams in West TN, I am beyond puzzled. :wacko:

When you finished they still #1 in the AP Polls, and go hold the gold ball this year also.

Haywood is a AA team who will be hosting a sub-state game, mark my words.... Middleton beat Haywood by 30. That same MHEA team that Middleton beat by 16 was the same team that you and your coaches were going hoopla about when you beat them by 9 in your own gym just last week. I've seen almost all of the top teams in the state from Murfreesboro to the west. Middleton would hold their own against everyone except for Blackman.