Heritage Mountaineers Football 2015

Governm

Heritage will be in the Playoffs William Blount had better watch out ;) I think Heritage goes 6-4 in 2015

@Maryville L

@Anderson County L

South Doyle L

William Blount L

Gibbs W

@Alcoa L

@Powell W

@Knox West L

Clinton L

Halls W

I would wager that heritage does not finish 6-4. I made some adjustments dave 3-7 or 4-6 would be my guess.

The problem with Heritage's schedule this year is you know they are going to be major underdogs in 5 of those first 6 games. Gibbs is the only game out of those first 6 where they should be the favorite to win. And most of that is self imposed misery. I mean why would Hammontree schedule Maryville and Anderson County to start the season? That's pretty much guaranteeing that Heritage will be 0-2 right out of the gate. Why? Why not schedule some winnable games instead? Heritage may be greatly improved but that may not necessarily show up in the win columns because they don't have a fighting chance thanks to Hammontree's brilliant scheduling. After thinking about it I think 5-5, maybe 6-4 , is the ceiling for Heritage this year. And even that is a stretch.

• Upvote 1

I would wager that heritage does not finish 6-4. I made some adjustments dave 3-7 or 4-6 would be my guess.

After I watched them against GP this spring I would say 3-7 and your picks were right on. They have two good running backs in Amburn and Wright but they couldn't throw or catch and the defense was horrible against GP. They have a large number out this year but the rebuilding process is going to take longer than Hammontree has years left to coach. This program hit the bottom like the Titanic and I knew when he got there it could take six or seven years to win again out there. They may surprise me but I doubt it from what I saw against GP. 

The problem with Heritage's schedule this year is you know they are going to be major underdogs in 5 of those first 6 games. Gibbs is the only game out of those first 6 where they should be the favorite to win. And most of that is self imposed misery. I mean why would Hammontree schedule Maryville and Anderson County to start the season? That's pretty much guaranteeing that Heritage will be 0-2 right out of the gate. Why? Why not schedule some winnable games instead? Heritage may be greatly improved but that may not necessarily show up in the win columns because they don't have a fighting chance thanks to Hammontree's brilliant scheduling. After thinking about it I think 5-5, maybe 6-4 , is the ceiling for Heritage this year. And even that is a stretch.

You are probably right about that :thumb:

Last year I was so starved for football one night when Maryville wasn't playing that I went out and watched Heritage play Seymour and they won very easy that night. The thing that I couldn't handle was the number of penalties that were called which ate the game up like cancer and by the middle of the third quarter I had to leave because I couldn't take it anymore. It was like setting and being tortured to death seeing one play after another being called back especially with the special teams. That is called unorganized at the best and my nerves couldn't take it anymore so I had to leave and go home and recover from watching all of this that night. This spring I went out and watched the same thing in a scrimmage with GP and left before that was over before I suffered an anxiety attack. Until those problems are solved at Heritage it's going to be rebuilding at a snails pace. 3-7 will be final record and 4-6 if everything goes great which is progress. I would have given them a chance against WB but they went out and hired a difference maker for a coach and I don't see any chance of a win there now so the streak will be safe for many years to come.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Yeah Dave the more you talk about GP the worse I think it could be for heritage. GP is a 2a team that is down they will be lucky to get out of the 1st rd of the playoffs. Unfortunately for heritage the schedule is tough. My smoky bears are in the same boat just with a better program. OR,DB,MoWest, and Knox west will all be favored vs my Bears the days of smashing iMac teams are over. We may be scratching and clawing to get to 6-4 ourselves.

Heritage will be in the Playoffs William Blount had better watch out ;) I think Heritage goes 6-4 in 2015

@Maryville L

@Anderson County W

South Doyle W

William Blount W

Gibbs W

@Alcoa L

@Powell W

@Knox West L

Clinton L

Halls W

I think realistically heritage can go 5-5 and make the first round of the playoffs, which would be a huge improvement for them. I think they can beat halls, Gibbs, and Powell. Clinton and heritage will be about even and could go either way. And I think they'll pull at least one upset this year. Either anderson county or south Doyle because both are replacing a lot and its early in the year. Or WB because the games the last 3 years have been really close so maybe this is the year heritage gets over the hump. But I think 5-5 would be a big step in the right direction.

I think realistically heritage can go 6-4 and make the first round of the playoffs, which would be a huge improvement for them. I think they can beat halls, Gibbs,Powell,Clinton and William Blount . And I think they'll pull at least one upset this year. Either anderson county or south Doyle because both are replacing a lot and its early in the year.This is the year heritage gets over the hump,I think 6-4 would be a big step in the right direction.

FYP ;)

Edited by BigDave1967