Heritage Mountaineers Football 2015

Governm

I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it for my own self last night. The game was back and forth and Heritage finally pulled away and didn't let off and yes BANKS did play because they announced his name all night long. Sevier looked decent the first two drives but Heritage finally was able to stop their passing attack. I have to say they sure have improved since the game with GP this spring. Amburn and Wright can take the ball to the end zone at anytime. 20qz700.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it for my own self last night. The game was back and forth and Heritage finally pulled away and didn't let off and yes BANKS did play because they announced his name all night long. Sevier looked decent the first two drives but Heritage finally was able to stop their passing attack. I have to say they sure have improved since the game with GP this spring. Amburn and Wright can take the ball to the end zone at anytime. 20qz700.jpg

The Bears will be falling in the IFL polls. Why is everyone so surprised? I told you coachters that the Mountaineers would be 1-0. I just hope the poor little Bears can compete in Cleveland next Friday.  :popcorneater: 

GoBears!!

I know the Mountaineers are pretty excited about their performance last night but I hope you all do not get a false sense of security over this scrimmage. Did anybody not see Devante Matthews, Chase Wallace, JD Griffin, Hunter Miniard and the whole linebacker corp on the sideline? Heritage looked pretty good for playing SC's b-team. SC was playing some freshmen at WR and Deuce still threw for 3 TDs and rushed for one with a ton of dropped passes. They'll be just fine with or without Banks. Everybody will be 100% healthy by the jamboree next week and we'll see where things truly stand in Cleveland. 

I know the Mountaineers are pretty excited about their performance last night but I hope you all do not get a false sense of security over this scrimmage. Did anybody not see Devante Matthews, Chase Wallace, JD Griffin, Hunter Miniard and the whole linebacker corp on the sideline? Heritage looked pretty good for playing SC's b-team. SC was playing some freshmen at WR and Deuce still threw for 3 TDs and rushed for one with a ton of dropped passes. They'll be just fine with or without Banks. Everybody will be 100% healthy by the jamboree next week and we'll see where things truly stand in Cleveland. 

Well I figured there had to be a reason. When it turns out they were only playing the B-team last night no wonder Heritage won. I really think it was a good game for Heritage for the spark in their program even if they were playing the C-team from Sevier. I know when there is a freshman starting at Maryville which happens every now and then it's because they are just a plain good player for that to have happened. Your freshman that was playing last night has to be good or the coaches wouldn't have him out there and most likely will be the one we'll be reading about in the future. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

Barney,

I think the thing with Sevier County is their starters are as good as anybody but they don't really have any depth to speak of. It's been that way for years. The coaches were prolly just trying to get the backups some action and to see if anybody could come in and surprise them by stepping up in a big game.

Edited by Governors91

I think that Heritage played really well on defense last night Sevier County didn't really run the ball that much and I think thats always been Heritages biggest weakness but I was impressed with how our secondary did against a D1 qb he beat our corners deep a few times but other than that it was a bunch of slants, five yard curls, and some wr screens that we did a pretty good job tackling right when the ball was caught. I also think they have improved on their pass rush they were in deuces face alot last night, but I have to at least mention this guy for heritage I sat right behind his parents that #7 for heritage that they have at wr is very impressive I saw him go up and catch 3 or 4 balls with Sevier County cbs all over him I think that hes going to be a very good go to wr for us this season hes just a junior to.

Yep I sit corrected.  A buddy was one of the officials working the scrimmage and he told me this morning that Banks did play.  

Surprised that he did.  

I think that Heritage played really well on defense last night Sevier County didn't really run the ball that much and I think thats always been Heritages biggest weakness but I was impressed with how our secondary did against a D1 qb he beat our corners deep a few times but other than that it was a bunch of slants, five yard curls, and some wr screens that we did a pretty good job tackling right when the ball was caught. I also think they have improved on their pass rush they were in deuces face alot last night, but I have to at least mention this guy for heritage I sat right behind his parents that #7 for heritage that they have at wr is very impressive I saw him go up and catch 3 or 4 balls with Sevier County cbs all over him I think that hes going to be a very good go to wr for us this season hes just a junior to.

What are you talking about the Bears ran both their run plays :roflol: . And although the #7 match up looked appealing last night he was not ever matched up with an experienced varsity corner. #7 did look good though I agree however the QB and the route running not so much. #3 looked explosive and I thought they looked well coached. 2 very different programs in that the Mountaineers are building what looks to be a solid foundation trying to build confidence. Whereas the Bears have high expectations already so they are more focused on player development than winning the scrimmage. Not to say your guys are not developing just a different set of goals for last nights get together. I would be concerned that you may not have enough go to play maker types to beat some of the top teams on a regular basis but I do think you all may surprise a team or 2. Heck the Mountaineers surprised me I thought our JV could handle you guys but that was not the case. The Bears were like you guys with only a couple play makers available & the offense looked kind of avg most of the night. When Duece has his full complement of weapons it will be a whole different animal and the D will be much more formidable. Depth is a real issue for the Smoky Bears and I suspect those young kids will improve after the All Stars come in on Monday and knock them around some more. 

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89