Tennessee's next O.C. is right under their nose in Maryville.

BarneySox2007

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Not sure what C-N pays a coach but some of the connections I have there seem to think their offer would be hard to turn down for anyone. 

GQ going from Maryville High to Carson-Newman would very similar in terms of financial compensation.  The CN job isn't lucrative from a financial standpoint.  

GQ going from Maryville High to Carson-Newman would very similar in terms of financial compensation. The CN job isn't lucrative from a financial standpoint.

I've heard that George Quarles makes around 150K a year for being Maryville's AD and head coach. I don't know how true that is but I think it's believable because of his body of work. Like I said I don't know if its true but lets assume it is. If 150K isn't lucrative I'd like to see a salary that is lucrative.

That is not true.

Probably so, it's been a few years since I heard that so he probably makes more now. J/k I don't know... But I do know he has to be making more at maryville than he would make at any other high school in the state because you know that other schools have to be contacting him and he hasn't stayed at maryville for nothing. I guarantee you if a school like Riverdale called him up and offered him more that what he is making he would be gone in a heartbeat.

Probably so, it's been a few years since I heard that so he probably makes more now. J/k I don't know... But I do know he has to be making more at maryville than he would make at any other high school in the state because you know that other schools have to be contacting him and he hasn't stayed at maryville for nothing. I guarantee you if a school like Riverdale called him up and offered him more that what he is making he would be gone in a heartbeat.

Rofl 91. Surely you don't believe that he makes that much money.

Well he isn't staying at maryville for nothing. You know that other schools have to be calling him up begging him to come to their schools and the only reason he stays at maryville is because nobody has offered him more money. Lets consider that he has been at maryville since the 90s and has won a championship or been to state almost every year, he is also the AD. You also have to consider that the maryville spent millions of dollars at the drop of a hat to upgrade the stadium so they could play on espn! When you factor in the fact that he is the athletic director and the winningest high school football coach in the country it is not a stretch to believe he is making 150K. Do you think he is going to tell you if he is? Lmao... Well you are the one who believes he stays at maryville because he loves the community, so what's funnier? Edited by Governors91

Well he isn't staying at maryville for nothing. You know that other schools have to be calling him up begging him to come to their schools and the only reason he stays at maryville is because nobody has offered him more money. Lets consider that he has been at maryville since the 90s and has won a championship or been to state almost every year, he is also the AD. You also have to consider that the maryville spent millions of dollars at the drop of a hat to upgrade the stadium so they could play on espn! When you factor in the fact that he is the athletic director and the winningest high school football coach it is not a stretch to believe he is making 150K. Do you think he is going to tell you if he is? Lmao... Well you are the one who believes he stays at maryville because he loves the community, so what's funnier?

Well he isn't staying at maryville for nothing. You know that other schools have to be calling him up begging him to come to their schools and the only reason he stays at maryville is because nobody has offered him more money. Lets consider that he has been at maryville since the 90s and has won a championship or been to state almost every year, he is also the AD. You also have to consider that the maryville spent millions of dollars at the drop of a hat to upgrade the stadium so they could play on espn! When you factor in the fact that he is the athletic director and the winningest high school football coach it is not a stretch to believe he is making 150K. Do you think he is going to tell you if he is? Lmao... Well you are the one who believes he stays at maryville because he loves the community, so what's funnier?

I work for Maryville City Schools 91!! I know what he makes! I know what the salaries are!! I am not going to tell you or post it on this board! But he doesn't make 150 grand!! I don't know when he is leaving and no he doesn't have to tell me!! I know he does love this community and he loves his children and wants to devote his time to them!! And I hope he never leaves. I hope he coaches my grandchildren!!

The point is money talks and most people will leave their current job for a job that pays more. $$$$$ is your quality of life and if you make more you have a better quality of life. If another school offered Quarles more money he would be gone in a heartbeat. Meadows loved WB and his family loved living in Blount County but he left because Catholic was offering him alot more money than what he was making at WB. $$$$ talks.

Edited by Governors91

I work for Maryville City Schools 91!! I know what he makes! I know what the salaries are!! I am not going to tell you or post it on this board! But he doesn't make 150 grand!! I don't know when he is leaving and no he doesn't have to tell me!! I know he does love this community and he loves his children and wants to devote his time to them!! And I hope he never leaves. I hope he coaches my grandchildren!!

I don't believe that. You expect me to believe that he is on the same payscale as the other teachers and administrators? Ha.... He is the winningest coach in the country and it's just common sense that they are giving him raises and bonuses to keep him around.