Tennessee's next O.C. is right under their nose in Maryville.

BarneySox2007

This evening I was listening to Jimmy Hyams on Sports Talk and someone called in and ask why Butch wouldn't just go get G.Q. as a position coach and promote the other assistant before he leaves. Jimmy said in his opinion that G.Q. was qualified to run an SEC offense and his sources has told him of the jobs that he has turned down. He didn't say which jobs but he led you to believe it was an SEC school. This call was around 4 p.m. today. That is all I've ever tried to say is that he is qualified and it was nice to hear Jimmy Hyams back that up on radio today. He would not say something on his show unless he truly believed it.

As Sweets posted esrly, Fulmer offer him a job years ago.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average grad assistant salary is 19,500 a year. Do you really think Fulmer would offer a guy who was probably making near 65 grand a year at the time a job as an grad assistant making nearly 45,000 dollars less a year? If you really believe that was the position Fulmer offered Quarles then wow lol

Edited by SweetScience

That woulda been the oldest graduate asistant I ever heard of! rofl

I honestly believe in my heart Fulmer got so tired of hearing about him he had no choice but to finally talk to him about it and made a foolish offer like that. Fulmer got what he deserved by getting fat and lazy thinking he owned the place and no one would ever fire him.

I think from the way Jimmy Hyams was trying to say it today that he had been offered by another SEC school but he wouldn't say anymore. I was just glad he was nice enough to mention he thought there was no doubt that G.Q. could run an S.E.C. offense which has been my whole point. I'm not trying to run our coach off but there is no doubt in my mind he is way more qualified than the job he is doing.

I did not compare them. I just brought up Scott Meadows because he was happy at WB and left because he got a job making alot more money. I think almost anyone would do the same thing, including Quarles. The fact of the matter is Quarles has stayed at maryville all of these years for a reason and it ain't just because he loves the community... Sure he may love it but he would leave if someone was offering more money than what he is making now. So it is just common sense that Maryville City Schools are paying him the big bucks to stick around. If you honestly think he ain't making the big bucks and is just staying at maryville for nothing you are crazy. But I won't argue about it because y'all look at Quarles the way North Koreans look at Kim Jung Un.

And you've got a man crush on Meadows. Guess we'll call that a wash.

I did not compare them. I just brought up Scott Meadows because he was happy at WB and left because he got a job making alot more money. I think almost anyone would do the same thing, including Quarles. The fact of the matter is Quarles has stayed at maryville all of these years for a reason and it ain't just because he loves the community... Sure he may love it but he would

leave if someone was offering more money than what he is making now. So it is just common sense that Maryville City Schools are paying him the big bucks to stick around. If you honestly think he ain't making the big bucks and is just staying at maryville for nothing you are crazy. But I won't argue about it because y'all look at Quarles the way North Koreans look at Kim Jung Un.

And you just did it again thanks

It was the TE job at UT in what turned out to be Fulmer's last year. GQ was not offered the job. It was offered to and accepted by Jason McMichael (current OC for TN Titans). GA pay at UT and other conference schools is not 19,500. It is $800 per month plus a camp check that will be around $5k.