Tennessee's next O.C. is right under their nose in Maryville.

BarneySox2007

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Hugh Freeze

2. Gus Malzahn

Your theory has been debunked.

GQ is a great high school coach! He will not be hired as the OC for the University of Tennessee. They could hire him as a position coach and promote someone already on the staff to become the OC. If I am not mistaken both Freeze and Malzahn were position coaches before becoming coordinators.

Then that means you love UT more than the Maryville Red Rebels and that puts you in the minority if not the only true Maryville fan in their fanbase that thinks that way.

Nah, I'd bet more people are bigger fans of their college team (Tennessee), than of their high school team. I believe people like you that love their HS team more so than their college team are in the minority. Many of us have put sweat and blood into our high school teams, but college football is a way of life. It's basically a religion, and people relate and get more into it. It's just a way bigger deal.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

George and his wife love it in Maryville. George has made a bunch of friends during his time as coach of Maryville. George and his wife make a great living. Wife has great job at a local bank. I know GQ would make lots of money as an assistant coach at a place like UT. One reasonI think GQ will stay at Maryville is because he has plenty of free time. A college coach works 100 hours a week. At MHS GQ can play golf a lot. GQ can spend lots of time with his wife and kids. College coaches hardly see their wife and kids.

Nah, I'd bet more people are bigger fans of their college team (Tennessee), than of their high school team. I believe people like you that love their HS team more so than their college team are in the minority. Many of us have put sweat and blood into our high school teams, but college football is a way of life. It's basically a religion, and people relate and get more into it. It's just a way bigger deal.

I guess it just depends on the high school team. Maryville OR and Alcoa and places like that have die-hard fanbases.

Edited by SweetScience

And that's the difference between Maryville and your team ... I assure you , the Majority of Maryville fans I know have Maryville ahead of any other team . Football was huge in Maryville and Alcoa 40 years ago ... totally different community than most as far as High School Football goes .