Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

It's all about the way things are perceived. The voters can't put in someone that is only averaging 14 points and didn't win her districts MVP, fans would riot because whoever from wherever is averaging more points and was her districts MVP. They can't say "well she plays in a tough district and has some pretty good players on her team thats why her stats are a little lower but she is a pretty good defensive player." None of that would matter because fans would not perceive her to be worthy of a miss basketball nod.

It seems to me that you're the only fan "rioting" as you put it. That's laughable. Allen averaged more points, rebounds, and if i'm not mistaken assists than Cooper, who won 7a MVP. The reason kassidy lost? most likely because Clarkrange beat JC both match ups. I think it's ironic that you blasted me earlier in the forum for simply giving my opinion that i believed Allen to be a better player, but now you are doing the exact same thing against Allen. The only difference is that i said i believed Bouldin should also be nominated. From the info I've gathered she is receiving heavy looks from UTC and other colleges. I think, with everyone writing on here about her, there would be a "riot' if she weren't nominated. 

Edited by TNBball43

I don't know why she didn't win it I just know she didn't. I never blasted you for nominating her as I think she is a very good player I was simply stating that I am tired of hearing how great 7a is and that's how this whole debacle got started. We both probably got a little carried away but at the end of the day Allen and Bouldin are both superb players I just resented the fact that 7a gets talked about like it's a district for royality when this season it's not that good that was my main point

Callie Hackett... 24.4 ppg...5.2 assists...3.5 steals....for 8AA Smith County. She is the best player in 8AA...and certainly the most valuable player. Those stats are misleading because she didn't play much in several blowouts. Her highest point games were against Dickson County...Mt. Juliet & White County...all ranked in top 10 in AAA. Her career point total will end at 2572 points. She is a very good defender also. She signed with Mercer university.

Hackett was voted District MVP and Defensive Player of the year by the 8AA coaches.

I remember reading an article that interviewed coach brown and he said that he had never had a freshman playing when it mattered in a state championship win.

Wrong. He played 2 freshmen for all most the whole tourney in 2013. Allen and Flynn both were on the court for the better part of all 3 games. In the finals neither came out in 2nd half. If Flynn were not hurt(acl) and had played last year Jackson county would be defending state champs again.

Wrong. He played 2 freshmen for all most the whole tourney in 2013. Allen and Flynn both were on the court for the better part of all 3 games. In the finals neither came out in 2nd half. If Flynn were not hurt(acl) and had played last year Jackson county would be defending state champs again.

True. Point guard by commity, mostly Coe or Allen really hindered Jackson Co. offense all last year.

A- Madison Heckert (West Carroll)
Team is 27-0 now, averaging a double-double, scored her 1,000th point last night. 

AA- Kayla Marosites (Elizabethton)
Team is 25-0… Defending state champ.. 45 straight wins.. Not much more I need to say.

AAA- Crystal Dangerfield (Blackman) or Brandi Beasley (Ridgeway)
Dangerfield has lead the defending national champions to a 23-2 record against top national competition. 
Beasley has lead her team to a 20-0 record.. Lost to Blackman in state championship last year.

I'm not sure what i was wrong about? i said that coach brown said in an article that he had never had a freshman playing in a state championship win when it mattered. Allen was in all 32 minutes and Flynn played some of the first have and the entire second half

I don't know why she didn't win it I just know she didn't. I never blasted you for nominating her as I think she is a very good player I was simply stating that I am tired of hearing how great 7a is and that's how this whole debacle got started. We both probably got a little carried away but at the end of the day Allen and Bouldin are both superb players I just resented the fact that 7a gets talked about like it's a district for royality when this season it's not that good that was my main point

You say that 7a is not as good as it was. But really, 7a only lost two players last year. Jaycee Coe and Tessa Dailey. To my knowledge Pickett lost no one. Allen, Flynn, Sheryll, phillips, shaver, cooper, meadows, van ruden, ferryl, buck, and mcllelan stayed in 7a and had an entire year to better their abilities. Maybe we did get carried away, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

GPS junior point guard, Akia Harris should definitely be considered for  Div II AA Miss Basketball.   Akia began her High School Varsity career at GPS as an 8th grader when she played on the 2012 State Champion team.   She has been GPS starting point guard her Freshman, Sophomore and Junior year.   She averages 19 points and 4 assist a game and leads the city of Chattanooga in steals averaging 4.9 steals a game.  She reach a 1,075 points as a GPS Bruiser,  as a Junior(2015), and scored a season high possible school record 35 points verses NW Whitfield

this November.  Akia was ranked 10th on the Rick Bolus Tennessee players list last year as a Sophomore is currently ranked 4th on his Top 6 list this year as a Junior.  Akia was selected Div II All-Region and All-State her Freshman and Sophomore year.  She was also selected Chattanooga Times Free Press  1st team Best of Preps her Freshman and Sophomore year.   She plays AAU basketball for Team Elite(Atlanta, GA)  and  TN Xtreme.   Akia has help lead her AAU teams to numerous National Championship games.  Team Elite was AAU 12U National Champion Runner ups (2011),  AAU 13U National Champions (2012),  AAU Disney Showcase National Champions (2013 and 2014), and Nike top Junior division Champions (2014).   TN Xtreme was  YBOA National Champions in 2010. Akia is being recruited by several D1 Universities such as NC State, Vanderbilt and UTC to name a few.  She has already received two D1 offers as well.   Akia currently holds a 2.8 GPA at GPS and is a three sport athlete for the Bruisers, consisting of Basketball, Track and Soccer.  She was on the 4x200 relay Track team in 2012 that broke the Chattanooga Best of Prep record and GPS school record.  In soccer she was selected Div II All-Region, All-State and Chattanooga Best of Preps, her Freshman, Sophomore and Junior year and lead her team to a 2014 State Championship title.   Akia is also a member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) and YoungLife at GPS.  She is active in the youth department at her church where they participate in various community service events including serving at the Salvation Army on Thanksgiving Day.   Akia is an all round “good kid†and  a hard working, unselfish, and a team-first athlete and in my opinion, very deserving of being a TN Miss Basketball finalist.