Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

It's a shame that the first thing people do is criticize the voters and the process instead of congratulating the players nominated. I for one would like to congratulate all players nominated very exciting time for them.

I've personally congratulated several of these kids in ways of my own. That doesn't mean I can't complain that a kid who could've won the award this year was not even nominated. I've seen almost everyone of the kids play that are on this list... I know how good each of these kids are. Regardless, I have a right to complain about kids getting snubbed...

Callie averaged 24.4 points...5.2 assists...4.6 rebounds...4.4 steals per game. She shot 50% from the field...85% ft. She has 2572 points. Against ranked teams...in AAA White County (36)...Dickson County (26)...Mt. Juliet (30). AA ranked teams LA (20) & (16 in less than half)...Upperman (41)...Central Magnet (20) & (13)...A...Clarkrange (29). She is ranked 6th in her class academically...and signed with Mercer. She scored 56 points in 1 game last year...was over 40 a couple of times this year. She is district 8AA player of the year along with defensive player of the year in a district that has 3 teams in the top 10.

Everyone has a favorite from the school they are partial too. And thats great!...I love watching Harris Price play....Watched her and had teams play against her for years...No one respects her game more than I do.

but I thought all had more class than your showing......You don't think these kids read the boards....???   

Bunch of grown men and women whining and throwing a fit.....comparing stats....amazing..

For every argument you throw out I can counter it.....but why? and what good would it do anyone? 

love the old cliche that fits so well here....

Sports do not build character. It reveals it

Everyone has a favorite from the school they are partial too. And thats great!...I love watching Harris Price play....Watched her and had teams play against her for years...No one respects her game more than I do.

but I thought all had more class than your showing......You don't think these kids read the boards....???

Bunch of grown men and women whining and throwing a fit.....comparing stats....amazing..

For every argument you throw out I can counter it.....but why? and what good would it do anyone?

love the old cliche that fits so well here....

Sports do not build character. It reveals it

Seems like there's only one person with their panties in a wad. Everyone else just seems to be supporting those players who they believe are deserving. Nothing wrong with thinking one player or two or three or four is more deserving than another. It's life. Deal with it.

Ive dealt with your kind for years.......No skin off my back.....Again....Congrats Anna....your incredible accomplishments in the classroom and on the court will lead to a great future.

Kansas State is getting a top notch D1!!!!!!

You're the only one coming in here trying to ruffle feathers.....

You really don't want to hear my opinion.. After looking at the list, I have watched EVERY player on this list play this season. And as a completely unbiased opinion, I believe there were serious snubs.

I just received my ballot from TSSAA for Miss Basketball awards.  Please tell me who you support in each class and division.  Provide stats and reason if possible.  Thanks in advance.

Taylor Boggess from Meigs is averaging more points than anybody in single A. Its ridiculous that her name isnt even mentioned. Plays in the toughest district in A. If this is a seasonal accomplishment then at least mention her name. Oh well i guess she will go overlooked till the BORO. Just like everyone seen last year that a single A Meigs (Emileigh Swafford)  was the best player last year. Undoubtably it must just be a POPULARITY contest. No love for the Chattanooga area.