Region 7

HC80

Lol. Arab hwt. Whose father asked Hunter before the finals if he would be OK with him posting a video of his son beating him on youtube.

Never saw that vudeo

hahaha yeah that would be the one! I remember we were buddies with some of the mount Juliet guys so i was at the tournament with them watching and I had on a MJ wrestling shirt and during the break before the finals the Arab kid came over and started talking to us. He told us he had just won state and that nobody has been able to touch him. Then he started asking questions about hunter..grade, record, state credentials, etc.. I had no idea cause I didn't go to my Juliet but one of the guys with us (from Beech I think) said that he was just strong but that if you took that away he had nothing. Just not to let him outmuscle you.. And jokingly said, you don't have to worry about any crazy cradles or anything. Then what do you know, he takes him down, locks it up, and sticks him. I remember not seeing that beech kid anywhere after that 😂

Elijah was one year ahead of him. . 2007-2008 season Hunter was 215 and Elijah was the hwt. and his wrestling partner.

After leaving , Hunter faced him 4 times as a junior at MJ. Central did not need two good hwt. wrestlers in 2008-2009. Both were capable of placing in Feb. 2009.

Edited by HSDAD

Elijah was one year ahead of him. . 2007-2008 season Hunter was 215 and Elijah was the hwt. and his wrestling partner.

After leaving , Hunter faced him 4 times as a junior at MJ. Central did not need two good hwt. wrestlers in 2008-2009. Both were capable of placing in Feb. 2009.

ah I see. I would've liked to see hunter face Bruno in their prime

Region 7 should do very well at the State.

Champions

106-Sesnan Leb 10th

113-Kost Ross. 11th

120-King Central 11th

126-Wilkens MtJ 10th

132-Rippy Beech 9th

138-Dickenson Central 12th

145-Cook Clarksville 12th

152-Binns central 12th

160-King Beech 12th

170-Linton Central 11th

182-Rippy Beech 11th

195-Russell Clark. 12th

220-Kramer Cenral 12th

285-Whitfield Beech 12th

Champions

106-Sesnan Leb 10th

113-Kost Ross. 11th

120-King Central 11th

126-Wilkens MtJ 10th

132-Rippy Beech 9th

152-Binns central 12th

160-King Beech 12th

170-Linton Central 11th

182-Rippy Beech 11th

195-Russell Clark. 12th

220-Kramer Cenral 12th

285-Whitfield Beech 12th

i agree that region 7 should put a show on at states this year. very impressive list of region champs, not to mention that some weight classes are 4 deep with studs that could very easliey place as well. good job region 7, very good job!

Champions

106-Sesnan Leb 10th

113-Kost Ross. 11th

120-King Central 11th

126-Wilkens MtJ 10th

132-Rippy Beech 9th

152-Binns central 12th

160-King Beech 12th

170-Linton Central 11th

182-Rippy Beech 11th

195-Russell Clark. 12th

220-Kramer Cenral 12th

285-Whitfield Beech 12th

i agree that region 7 should put a show on at states this year. very impressive list of region champs, not to mention that some weight classes are 4 deep with studs that could very easliey place as well. good job region 7, very good job!

Thank you guys for getting this back to what should be about the kids. The past is the past for a reason but I do agree that if you aren't growing you are dying. Outside of the powerhouse 2, Central and Beech, West Creek and Rossview have some really great kids. I am anxious to see how the second and third place wrestlers compete against the other region wrestlers. No matter what feelings you have about any program you should never down play a kid. There is no room for that anywhere. Good luck to region 7 and all of its state qualifers.  

didnt he then get kicked off the team at Cumberland? Guys this isn't about the past, and it's not even really about the feeder programs. Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central could have the exact same feeder program and get duplicates of the others incoming freshman, and they would be better at Central because of coaching. Because of the work and heart and time and commitment that Kramer and Hamm put into those kids. That's why they are good. An earlier post said, Kramer and Hamm don't "find" talent. They aren't "given" talent from the feeder programs, they DEVELOPE it. They turn those kids into the wrestlers they are. The same can be said for Beech and Hendersonville.. A lot of the kids in Beech's line up, wrestled in Hendersonvilles feeder program. Would they have had this much success at Hendersonville? I bet not. Because Roberts invests everything he has into those kids.. Not just the ones with potential, all of them. Point blank. It's not about where the kids come from before they get there, it's about what the coaches are willing to invest in them while they're there. Now, I honestly believe the post above is true about MJ and Lebanon being on he rise. Lebanon as a gem in Sesnan and Mount Juliet one in Wilkins. But they have to invest in the other kids and do everything they can to make them better, if hey want to compete in that district. Like Kramer has, like Hamm has, like Roberts has. Beech and Central used to be towards the bottom of the region, but because of what the coaches have done and how much harder they have worked those kids, they are now 2 of the states power houses. And as long has those 3 remain coaches, that won't change. Because of the fact that they developed talent from what they have. They aren't just handed talent (with the exception of a couple kids)

With much of this thinking it seems that MS and youth programs should just shut down at some of these schools. Just wait until HS to start wrestling because your HS coach will singlehandedly turn you into a HS state champion. And also there would be no squabbling by coaches over where kids go to school. No need for that when you can just build them all by yourself. Edited by deadlift

With much of this thinking it seems that MS and youth programs should just shut down at some of these schools. Just wait until HS to start wrestling because your HS coach will singlehandedly turn you into a HS state champion. And also there g would be no squabbling by coaches over where kids go to school. No need for that when you can just build them all by yourself.

The youth and ms program in our area are among the best in the state. BUT, something is happening to the studs? Anyone with knowledge about middle TN MS teams knows that as a fact.

In the end, HS programs are responsible for retention and results.

No one is suggesting that your program doesn't help. For example, Kramer is not only the high school coach @ WC , the feeder programs follow his training guidelines He is very involved with the youth. Just a part of

a successful template. Keep working hard.

Edited by HSDAD