2015 Riverdale football schedule

davidlimbaugh

I agree with everything in that post.

"There is nothing wrong with high expectations" said coach Gene Stallings.

Your so right, this society of give every kid a trophy is killing the competitive spirit in America. People forget how this program was built from the ground up way before Rankin. He was the right man for the job at the right time. Can't really say that about the current head man..

Your so right, this society of give every kid a trophy is killing the competitive spirit in America. People forget how this program was built from the ground up way before Rankin. He was the right man for the job at the right time. Can't really say that about the current head man..

People forget Riverdale wasn't a power house until Rankin got there! GO WARRIORS!!!

People forget Riverdale wasn't a power house until Rankin got there! GO WARRIORS!!!

That's because both we and Oakland was recovering from the split of Murfreesboro Central which WAS a powerhouse in the state.  They were REALLY tough as I can say that because they handed me my tail when I played them!

They had an O-line that could beat most small Tn colleges at the time.  You know, sort of like the ones R'dale HAD.

When the expectation and standard we accept is mediocrity, we will always have a great big healthy plate full of it.  This not only applies to football, but life in general. Good enough should never be  what we measure by. Your very best- That is the standard we should ask of our kids, our coaches, and ourselves for.They not only dawn the name of their high school, they represent their town, and it is your family name they carry out on that field as well.  Heck yes I wanna see them win, but it is when you expel all you have and find a way to give more than you have, that's when you have truly won.

I believe that telling our kids that half-hearted efforts and lack of work ethic is acceptable is ok is part of our problem in society today.  Ok off my soapbox now. 

Edited by Blaze45

That's because both we and Oakland was recovering from the split of Murfreesboro Central which WAS a powerhouse in the state.  They were REALLY tough as I can say that because they handed me my tail when I played them!

They had an O-line that could beat most small Tn colleges at the time.  You know, sort of like the ones R'dale HAD.

Absolutely! The expectations were always high! I wonder if the banner is still in the weight room? Yes Riverdale was deep and didn't have all these studs every year some people are posting on here. These kids busted their #### in the weight room and had very good coaching staff as well! GO WARRIORS :hungry:  :hungry:  :popcorneater:

That's because both we and Oakland was recovering from the split of Murfreesboro Central which WAS a powerhouse in the state. They were REALLY tough as I can say that because they handed me my tail when I played them!

They had an O-line that could beat most small Tn colleges at the time. You know, sort of like the ones R'dale HAD.

You lost me on this one LOD. The split happened some 20 years prior and Oakland was a powerhouse in the 80's. Riverdale was an average at best team before Rankin. Rankin changed the culture and expectations.
  • Upvote 1

It seems eerily quiet from all the other Rutherford County teams.  Did I miss the other active threads or is this one about it?

Planning to go see the two games next week with Oakland/Blackman and the BAMA teams. That should be really interesting. Probably can't make the Ooltewah trip so hopefully that will get me my football fix. 

You lost me on this one LOD. The split happened some 20 years prior and Oakland was a powerhouse in the 80's. Riverdale was an average at best team before Rankin. Rankin changed the culture and expectations.

Yes Oakland was powerful, but  never really a threat to the Gallatin teams of that era.  Remember that was the time I was a street cop in Hendersonville and was dating a LARGE supporter of the Gallatin program.  Think female construction company owner.  LOL

Yes Oakland was powerful, but never really a threat to the Gallatin teams of that era. Remember that was the time I was a street cop in Hendersonville and was dating a LARGE supporter of the Gallatin program. Think female construction company owner. LOL

maybe so but they did win a state title in 84'. However they did have a loss to Gallatin that year!!

Ok, I know the jamboree was only a half but this team is in trouble. The first team offense didnt score against a medeocre smyrna defense. The new QB was 1 for 7 with an interception. The only really bright point was the running of number 6 Dillon. The kicking game was aweful missing a 30 yard field goal by being short ten yards and missing a pat. No kick off went deeper than the 30, Its really sad to see the lack of depth and players on the team. Our sideline looked empty compared to the other schools. I feel itsgoing to be another long year..

Edited by warrior82dad