Who does the rankings?

natureboy130

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

132 I don't even see anyone giving debien a challenge and 138 will be tough with Clevelands 145 moving down and the Blackman kid amongst others, So the truth will be told very soon

Would the smart move not be to move Debien to 138 where he could beat the very best wrestlers and allow a Cleveland wrestler with less skills the opportunity to wrestle at 132. Would that result allow Cleveland the opportunity to place both weight classifications in the finals and not just one? Edited by cbg

Looking at 126 rankings on Pin TN, I would say arguably he is in the right spot:

1. Knox Fuller, Bradley (2014 State Champ 120)

2. Devan Cyree, Tullahoma (2014 6th @ 120 - lost 9-8 SV to Fuller in Semis and forfeited out for injury)

3. Nick Crawford, Heritage (2014 State Runner-up @113)

4. Kyle Htoo, Overton (2014 5th @ 126)

5. Zach Wilkins, Mt. Juilet (2014 6th @ 126)

6. Colton Landers, Cleveland (Did not place / did not compete - why don't remember)

I don't think it is outrageous to have the kids who placed last year still in front of Landers. There is very little separating the top 6 generally in rankings and usually state placers, since they have already accomplished this difficult task, get greater favor in rankings to one that has not. Would he have placed @ 106 last year? I have no doubt, but that can't be considered. He beat Dickeson 6-4 from what the results show. No doubt a good win, but not nearly what I would call beating the brakes off of. Now personally, I could see him ranked anywhere from 3 to 6, but not above Fuller or Cyree. Just my opinion.

Rankings are hard to do and easy to criticize, but that is what they are there for - to spark interest and conversation along with creating scrutiny. In the end rankings have no meaning - its the result of the tournament that matters.

nicely put

Would the smart move not be to move Debien to 138 where he could beat the very best wrestlers and allow a Cleveland wrestler with less skills the opportunity to wrestle at 132. Would that result allow Cleveland the opportunity to place both weight classifications in the finals and not just one?

Shouldn't be about Cleveland. It should be what's best for Debien.

Shouldn't be about Cleveland. It should be what's best for Debien.

I am sorry, I thought that it was about winning a team state championship and seeing how many Cleveland wrestlers you can have win a state championship. As talented as Debien is he should be able to win most any weight within reason.

Theve already won a TEAM state championship. Wasn't that last week?

As knowledgeable as you are about wrestling, you of all people know that Cleveland is trying to win the team title for the Individual Tournament State Championship next weekend. It sounds like you are more about individual honors than team championships.

As knowledgeable as you are about wrestling, you of all people know that Cleveland is trying to win the team title for the Individual Tournament State Championship next weekend. It sounds like you are more about individual honors than team championships.

Man what r u talking about? Nobody said they weren't. I think if the Cleveland staff wanted debien to wrestle 138 then they would. And sure they are doing what's best for the TEAM to win it. He's trying to be the first 4 time state champ ever at Cleveland so yeah its kindof a big deal

Edited by fooseball96