13 AA Tournament

pioneer42

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be interesting to see what happens. All eyes will be on the South Side McNairy game to see who gets the bad draw. Looks like Westview will probably play them at home and as good a defense as Westview plays it wouldn't surprise me at all if Westview wins. South Side is not a good shooting team but creates a lot of TO's but with Westview's point guard they could cause problems for South Side. GC got beat by South Side mainly because we turned the ball over a lot.

Going to be interesting to see what happens. All eyes will be on the South Side McNairy game to see who gets the bad draw. Looks like Westview will probably play them at home and as good a defense as Westview plays it wouldn't surprise me at all if Westview wins. South Side is not a good shooting team but creates a lot of TO's but with Westview's point guard they could cause problems for South Side. GC got beat by South Side mainly because we turned the ball over a lot.

SS beat Westview earlier this year by like 15. I'm not sure how easily Westview can score against SS def. with Westview struggling to score at times as well. It will be a good game if it happens.

SS beat Westview earlier this year by like 15. I'm not sure how easily Westview can score against SS def. with Westview struggling to score at times as well. It will be a good game if it happens.

Westview is very well coached as you guys know.  They get better every time they hit the court.  That matchup will be a barn burner.  I think Westview can win if they get out in front early and force SS to score out of a set offense.

I took a look at Bolivars record and if it's correct it's got them beating SS but also losing to them by almost 30.  It's got them beating Lexington but then again with a loss to them by almost 30.  It shows them losing to McNairy by 1pt.  Somebody who's seen them play explain the difference in their level of play to same teams?  Just looking at the scores on paper from that side it's hard to figure out who is truly the dominant team.  Looks sort of like our district.  Whoever is playing the best on any given night could be your winner.  I haven't seen any of them play so someone shed some light.  I do however know one thing from playing in Bolivar in the past.  You better wear a tank top and shorts cuz that gym will flat out burn you up.

I've seen Bolivar a few times this year. They aren't a bad team and definitely capable of beating anyone from 13AA thus me pointing out that no draw for this region tournament gives any team the upper hand. Bolivar has a guard that does the majority of their scoring, but also a few other players around her that are capable of being the leading scorer in a game as well.

I see your point, GC, but at the end of the day I believe that having to beat Bolivar AND McNairy is much more manageable than having to beat Lexington AND SS.  Not saying that Crockett or Dyersburg are either one going to waltz into the region championship.  Nor am I saying that Westview is done because they have the latter route. Bolivar and McNairy have played some great teams this year. I also, believe that any team could show out and win the region. 

I'm not sure any outcome is huge for anyone. I watched McNairy nearly beat Dyersburg earlier this year. 7AA is wide open for anyone to take. This region over all is very young with talent, it will be interesting to see how it works out over the next week.

If that is the case, go ahead and ship the gold ball east of the MS river.  McNAiry has less than nothing so dyersburg becomes guilty by association and is just as bad.  I would take the top for A teams versus the top AA teams in West TN anyday.  Elizabethton wins the ball in AA.  The rest are playing for table scraps..

If that is the case, go ahead and ship the gold ball east of the MS river. McNAiry has less than nothing so dyersburg becomes guilty by association and is just as bad. I would take the top for A teams versus the top AA teams in West TN anyday. Elizabethton wins the ball in AA. The rest are playing for table scraps..

I'm just stating truth... Dyersburg only beat McNairy by like 6 earlier in the year. Outside of Myah, Dyersburg struggles scoring with consistency against good teams. Edited by GCPioneer