District 1a

tootiedwc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't have a prayer in a debate about the advantages of private school football.The only disadvantage you have is, kids have to pay admission, the rest is cream.

Yep, the tuition is the kicker. We found out early on that you can't mess with that TSSAA rule. Thank goodness we don't have to worry too much about that anymore. You've said it before, winning will draw them to the school. The only issue is, the parents have to sacrifice enough to pay the kids way. My point was that no matter how much you win, or how nice your campus is, you still can't duplicate the gyms at Meigs or Hampton. I'm glad I got to experience both of those games.

Yep, the tuition is the kicker. We found out early on that you can't mess with that TSSAA rule. Thank goodness we don't have to worry too much about that anymore. You've said it before, winning will draw them to the school. The only issue is, the parents have to sacrifice enough to pay the kids way. My point was that no matter how much you win, or how nice your campus is, you still can't duplicate the gyms at Meigs or Hampton. I'm glad I got to experience both of those games.

Reckon we've lost Tri Cities  and thank goodness for that. Trying hard to get a game with Avery Co NC. I'd love that game, thats my old school.

Football? Why?

They fired their coach and he took most of the players with him,they are gonna play in some independant league and can do pretty much whatever they please. The TCC school will still have a team but from what I hear,it'll mostly be a bunch of really young kids. We have no use playing either, hope to heck we can get Avery, that would be a fun game with a HUGE gate.

I have never been to Meigs but the only other gym I have seen that is comparable to Hampton's at substate would be Cosby. When Hampton went to Cosby to play substate in 2007, you would have thought that gym was going to fall down lol. Some of the players said when they dribbled the ball the floor was actually shaking. 

This is why it is imperative to win that Regional Championship game. Huge advantage at home. It's tournament time Dogs! Time to play every game like it is your last..... or it will be your last....you think I am joking but I am not!  

I have never been to Meigs but the only other gym I have seen that is comparable to Hampton's at substate would be Cosby. When Hampton went to Cosby to play substate in 2007, you would have thought that gym was going to fall down lol. Some of the players said when they dribbled the ball the floor was actually shaking.

This is why it is imperative to win that Regional Championship game. Huge advantage at home. It's tournament time Dogs! Time to play every game like it is your last..... or it will be your last....you think I am joking but I am not!

Cosby is definitely a tough place to play especially in post season. We have small town feel with a big school gym makes it tough on small school teams when they come into that big gym.

On the other hand some places we have the toughest time at is the small gyms. Cloudland...Oliver Springs comes to mind. Oakdale has been a tough gym for a few girls games I've seen.

They fired their coach and he took most of the players with him,they are gonna play in some independant league and can do pretty much whatever they please. The TCC school will still have a team but from what I hear,it'll mostly be a bunch of really young kids. We have no use playing either, hope to heck we can get Avery, that would be a fun game with a HUGE gate.

Different story from what I heard. Either way you get basically the same result. We still gonna scrimmage the old Coach with his new school this spring. I'll let ya know how that goes.