A real state tournament

ccleveland

While he is a great young man I would like to know when Patrick Dooley became part of the Simpson family?

MatWiz  said he was.  Is that not true?

I think we are making progress here with everyone working together.  While we are pondering and eventually lobbying this though.  Let's Brainstorm getting it back to one real state tournament or at least add a grand State Championship where the top 4 from D1 go, Top2 from D2, 1st from small school and 14 wildcards.......or something similar to that.

MatWiz  said he was.  Is that not true?

I think we are making progress here with everyone working together.  While we are pondering and eventually lobbying this though.  Let's Brainstorm getting it back to one real state tournament or at least add a grand State Championship where the top 4 from D1 go, Top2 from D2, 1st from small school and 14 wildcards.......or something similar to that.

I will be nice just this one time and say that MatWiz does not have a clue as to what he is talking about with regards to the Dooley & Simpson families. Edited by cbg

Here is my idea with some estimated round times. Please comment and lets improve it.

Thursday

AAA Weigh in – 9am

AAA Round of 32 – 11pm – 2:30pm

AAA Round of 16 – 2:30pm – 5pm

AAA 1st Round of consolation – 5pm – 7pm

AAA 2nd Round of consolation – 7pm – 9pm

Friday

AAA/A-AA /D2 Weigh in – 8am

Girls weigh in – 10am

AAA Mats 1 & 2 Championship Quarters – 10am – 1pm

AAA Mats 3 & 4 3rd Round of Consolation - 10am – 1pm

A-AA Mats 5 & 6 Round of 16 – 10am – 12pm

D2 Mats 7 & 8 Round of 8 – 10am – 12pm

AAA Mats 1-4 4th Round of Consolation – 1pm – 2:30pm

A-AA Mats 5 & 6 Championship Quarters – 12pm – 2:30pm

Girls Mats 7 & 8 Round of 8 – 12pm – 2pm

A-AA Mats 5-8 2nd Round of Consolation – 2pm – 3:30pm

All Divisions Championship Semis – 4pm – 6pm

AAA Mats 1 & 2

A-AA Mats 3 & 4

D2 Mats 5 & 6

Girls 7 & 8

AAA Mats 1 & 2 – 5th Round of Consolations – 6pm – 8pm

A-AA Mats 3 & 4 – 3rd Round of Consolations – 6pm – 8pm

D2 Mats 5 & 6 – 1st Round of Consolations – 6pm – 8pm

Girls Mats 7 & 8 – 1st Round of Consolations – 6pm – 8pm

Saturday

AAA / A-AA / D2 weigh in – 8am

Girls weigh in – 9am

AAA Mats 1 & 2 –Consolation Semis – 10am – 12pm

A-AA Mats 3 & 4 – Consolation Semis – 10am – 12pm

D2 Mats 5 & 6 – Consolation Semis – 10am – 12pm

Girls Mats 7 & 8 – Consolation Semis – 10am – 12pm

AAA Mat 1 - 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

AAA Mat 2 - 5th Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

A-AA Mats 3 - 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

A-AA Mats 4 – 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

D2 Mats 5 – 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

D2 Mats 6 – 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

Girls Mats 7 – 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

Girls Mats 8 – 3rd Place matches – 12pm – 2pm

Parade of All Medalists – 4pm

All Divisions Finals – 5pm

I am scratching my head on your math? I do like your ideas on narrowing the champions down but we all know that's not going to happen. We are about to have more champions in the coming years. Once the privates are all forced into d II they will form a large and small division. 

The majority of the wrestling population comes from Chattanooga, Nashville and Knoxville. Its the same distance to Chattanooga from Nashville as it is from Chattanooga to Nashville. Its 70 miles closer  for Knoxville to come to Chattanooga than it is to drive to Franklin. so Chattanooga is bay far more centrally located for the majority of the wrestling fans. If its in Chattanooga Memphis has to drive further but if its in Nashville Upper east Tn has to drive further so it evens out between the two. If your figures were correct on the wrestling population being that large in Nashville then Nashville should be extremely ashamed that there aren't more fans at the tournament. Its astonishing to me that an area with 70% of the wrestling population cant bring more fans than it does. Even with more wrestlers and a girls division being added its not half what was at Mckenzie arena no matter what the Tssaa says. That being said, I don't care if its in Nashville or Chattanooga or Knoxville. It needs to be in a better venue.

If you will check,  the numbers coming through the gates are significantly higher then they were when they were in Chattanooga.  The finals are fairly consistent but the prilimanery rounds are singnificanlty higher. Now obviously there are many more kids participating now for a longer period of time with it being double elimination.  Non the less...If you want people to take you seriously, you may want to post factual information as such as opposed to your opinion,  Please do you due dilegence for the integrity of this great sport throwing erroniuos data arounf

If you will check,  the numbers coming through the gates are significantly higher then they were when they were in Chattanooga.  The finals are fairly consistent but the prilimanery rounds are singnificanlty higher. Now obviously there are many more kids participating now for a longer period of time with it being double elimination.  Non the less...If you want people to take you seriously, you may want to post factual information as such as opposed to your opinion,  Please do you due dilegence for the integrity of this great sport throwing erroniuos data arounf

sorry for the typos, I'm mobil

If you will check, the numbers coming through the gates are significantly higher then they were when they were in Chattanooga. The finals are fairly consistent but the prilimanery rounds are singnificanlty higher. Now obviously there are many more kids participating now for a longer period of time with it being double elimination. Non the less...If you want people to take you seriously, you may want to post factual information as such as opposed to your opinion, Please do you due dilegence for the integrity of this great sport throwing erroniuos data arounf

facts are that add many as 4,000 attended the finals Saturday afternoon. It doesn't appear consistent to me. What has been the Sat. Afternoon attendance the last 3-4 years? Edited by Sommers

Yeah at that time at UTC there was D2 and D1 that's it, so yes you would have more now than back than(most of your posts have complete bias to them, of course towards middle TN) but I also will never attend another state tourney while it's at the AG center and I don't care if it's located back in Chattanooga or anywhere else that is just a better place for the state tourney. I have asthma and I went to duals once and individual once and wouldn't go back again. I know my body and as much as I love wrestling my health is more important. Austin Peay is even farther away for me from Chattanooga, but I would support that move and I would also attend. Coming from someone that attended prob 18-20 state ind tournaments, it hurts not to attend, and for most this argument is not about location but what is best for wrestling in TN.

• Upvote 1