Best places to watch HS bball in middle/east TN

CPHoops

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon County in just about any big game environment. The small gym and passionate fans have their own charm.

The Sparta-Cookeville rivalry is usually fun to watch. Haven't caught one in a while though.

And though I've only seen videos of their legendary student section in their own gym, a game at Brentwood, particularly a rivalry game, is something I would like to see. I will say that their student section/fan bases at the state tournament are very impressive. Nearly fill a whole side of the place by themselves.

Edited by dctiger

McMinn Central at the Roundhouse. Teams like Livingston and Cannon from 8AA know what I'm talking about. Catch the McMinn, Meigs, or Sequoyah games in the regular season, but if you really want an experience, be there for substate. A guaranteed classic almost every year between one of the 8AA teams.

Never been to Cannon, but Livingston is one heck of an environment to play basketball. It's unreal over there.

Edited by Cody

No better environment than a big game in Gainesboro Tn when Clarkrange comes calling on the Lady Blue Devils of Jackson County Highhhhhhhhhh.  McMinn Central, Shelbyville, Blackman have all tasted defeat at Kermit Forkum Gymnasium and Shelbyville went down on National TV with Dateline NBC filming!!!!  Nuff said... :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

No better environment than a big game in Gainesboro Tn when Clarkrange comes calling on the Lady Blue Devils of Jackson County Highhhhhhhhhh.  McMinn Central, Shelbyville, Blackman have all tasted defeat at Kermit Forkum Gymnasium and Shelbyville went down on National TV with Dateline NBC filming!!!!  Nuff said... :popcorneater:

When has Central played at Jackson County? Only times I've ever seen them play were in Murfreesboro and once at Central in sectionals, but those were over 10 years ago.

Edited by Cody