Riverdale throwing game

ecu

No, I was there...... Smyrna fans were the loudest "boo-ers" there were Riverdale fans not happy about it either. Specifically a parent that was sitting right next to me.

Were the Smyrna fans booing their own coach for pulling his starters first or mad bc Riverdale was behind and Smyrna couldn't figure out how to lose the game themselves. :roll:  

Were the Smyrna fans booing their own coach for pulling his starters first or mad bc Riverdale was behind and Smyrna couldn't figure out how to lose the game themselves. :roll:

I don't recall Smyrna pulling their starters first.. They were booing both coaches and their complete disrespect for the game.

Warriorfan, take off the rose colored glasses. Nobody believes a word you are spouting.

Your program, and Smyrna's as well have a black eye now. I hope you are only trying to divert attention from your boy there and do not seriously believe the crap you are posting.

I really don't think Riverdale or Coach Barrett has ever cared to win a popularity contest ...and to be quite frank....I don't care if you believe me or not.  I only express my views, and have no problem with you seeing things differently and expressing your views.

Edited by WarriorFan

I don't recall Smyrna pulling their starters first.. They were booing both coaches and their complete disrespect for the game.

Here is the podcast.  You will hear when Middleton pulls his starters for Smyrna.  http://wgnsradio.com/news.php?viewStory=24998&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by WarriorFan

Perhaps they decided to keep their dignity and not take the cowardly way out. They did win by what, 26? All you had to do was lose by one. I would not expect any ranking after a blowout loss in a consolation game.

We are in tournament action now.  All that matters is the Gold Ball.  Rankings are thrown out.

Edited by WarriorFan

Perhaps they decided to keep their dignity and not take the cowardly way out. They did win by what, 26? All you had to do was lose by one. I would not expect any ranking after a blowout loss in a consolation game.

What would have happened if neither team had scored?

I bout fell off the couch watching the 2nd video.  Take a look at them shooting free throws and notice the big poster hanging behind the goal.  I can't read all of it but I can read enough to know that the belief inspired on the poster was definitely not displayed in the coaching strategy for this game........very hypocritical.

Why is this all about Coach Barrett at Riverdale?  All you guys do is focus on him because he is successful and you hate the Riverdale program for their tradition.  Smyrna won over 20 games as well this year along with beating Oakland, and came within 1 point of beating #4 in the nation (M A X P R E P S) Potters House.  Smyrna isn't a pushover.  If you listen to the radio podcast, the head coach for Smyrna (Middleton) pulled his starters first.  You all just make it about Riverdale because you cant stand them as only  2-3 teams in the state can possibly beat them year in and year out.  Riverdale has only 5 upper classmen, and they are loaded with athletes for years to come. It is not an issue of inferior talent and being scared of Blackman.  Riverdale has played Blackman twice competitively, and won 3 of the 8 quarters they have gone head to head with them.   They just chose to go about their road to the state on a different path.  Coach Barrett's character is beyond great.  He broke no rules, nor did Coach Middleton at Smyrna.  You are very naive if you think coaches don't strategize their positions in brackets.  It happens more than you think.  Until the TSSAA looks at how they do brackets, it is not a coaches fault for figuring out positioning.  As for what it teaches the kids, it teaches them teamwork.  When the team wins, they all win....when the team looses, all the kids loose.  They function as a team and everyone knows their role.  Kind of like a chess game.

You guys are making way too much out of this.   :bored:

Smyrna looks almost as bad. I just wonder why they decided not to lose after trying so hard not to win? Both teams should be ashamed for disgracing the game. And this strategy to get to state is poor lesson of winning at all cost. Would not want my daughter to play for a coward like this.