Riverdale throwing game

ecu

Just reading warriors posts makes me want to vomit in my mouth. He is the epidemy of why people dislike their program. Oh the rules don't apply to us. No the rules aren't written but just like baseball there are unwritten rules. Please don't play we are the lowly 4 seed card BS playing a team from a league that can't line up. Your team and Smyrna both disgraced the game of basketball. I hope they ban you both from rest of this post season and next. That will send a clear message to those who think about compromising the integrity of high school athletics.

Warriorfan is trying too hard to defend these allegations. I'll ask a few questions and answer honestly warriorfan.

1- Have coaches been fired or reprimanded for running up the score? Is there a rule for that?

2- Have coaches been reprimanded or fired for acts that "paint the school in a bad light?" This is a broad "catch all" for poor conduct right?

I'm curious to read your reply. I hope you don't continue this charade. Your comments in defense of this are neither factually correct or tactically strong. I'm not sure what you do but I'm certain is doesn't involve debate or defense of a position or person.

Oh....the ole "everyone gets a juicepack and cookie after the rec game" mentality.... :rolleyes:  Coach Barrett's main mission is to bring a Gold Ball back to the school.  That is his job.  

Who is to quantify if it was a bad choice?  By whose rules was it a bad choice and where does it say in the by-laws that if you chose to lose, it is a bad choice.  We are a country made of laws and rules.  The rule must be written and agreed upon by all members who choose to abide by TSSAA membership for it to be decided there is a rule infraction and there should be a reprimand.  You cannot reprimand/punish someone if they did not break a rule that was agreed upon.  That is overstepping official boundaries and becoming the morals police on issues that no one agreed to in the first place.  You cannot make up rules as you go or hold a coach accountable for rules not even in existence.

Seemingly everyone but you agrees the decision to throw the game was a bad choice. The point you appear to be missing is that in life there are many times consequences for one's actions even if a rule or law was not technically broken. This is one of those instances in my opinion. The coach or coaches need to own the mistake by acknowledging it, apologize and learn from it moving forward. By the way, I have no horse in the race or axe to grind with either team.

He never replied to the questions, I will answer

1: Yes

2: Yes

Suspend them both and disqualify the teams. Childress will do nothing because he doesnt have the man parts to go against the money maker of postseason. The check Riverdale brings if they make the state will out weigh any wrong doing. He has a chance to send a clear message, just like the NFL has done this year about "conduct unbecoming".

You still did not answer Players questions...how funny...you sound like a kid who didnt get his way. The man asked you two questions and you are running from them.

The answer to both is yes.  I was checking on question #1.  It is a case by case basis and I cannot find where a state athletic association reprimanded the coach.  The answers to both questions from what I have found is that they were handled internally.

Just reading warriors posts makes me want to vomit in my mouth. He is the epidemy of why people dislike their program. Oh the rules don't apply to us. No the rules aren't written but just like baseball there are unwritten rules. Please don't play we are the lowly 4 seed card BS playing a team from a league that can't line up. Your team and Smyrna both disgraced the game of basketball. I hope they ban you both from rest of this post season and next. That will send a clear message to those who think about compromising the integrity of high school athletics.

So you are saying that 8-AAA is not a good district?  They have more tradition, gold balls under their belt and National Championships than any district in the state including 7-AAA

Edited by WarriorFan