Region 2- AAA Tournament

Norman Dale

This should just affect the girls side unless a school has a boys and a girls team both playing at home.

"All girls region quarterfinal basketball games involving teams under the umbrella of Knox County Schools were postponed on Monday because of the lingering effects from last week's winter storm.

KCS also canceled school on Monday.

The timetable for the games’ completion was uncertain Monday morning, though it’s expected the girls region games will be played alongside the boys region quarterfinals on Tuesday.

The delayed girls games include: In Region 2-AAA: Anderson County at Bearden; Oak Ridge at Farragut; William Blount at Halls; Maryville at Powell; In Region 1-AAA: South-Doyle at Science Hill; In Region 2-AA: Pigeon Forge at CAK and Kingston at Fulton."  Chris Thomas - KNS

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/girls-basketball-region-quarterfinal-games-postponed

Okay...enough is enough...Knox County Schools need to adjust their rules.  I understand not playing regular season games when there is no school.  But Tournament time is different.  This is insane.  Now Halls has Coach Moore who coaches boys and girls.  What is he going to do?  He can't be in two places at the same time.....and oh, by the way, if Knox County hasn't checked the weather, it looks like an inch or so is due overnight which will once again force them to be out of school and then what?????

Utterly ridiculous that girls aren't playing tonight due to Knox County being out of school today. ET Coach is correct... what will Halls do if boys and girls play on same night????

Amazing that UT and UK played a game this past Tuesday night on a day when classes at UT were cancelled yet somehow the teams and 21,000 people arrived at and left Thompson Boling Arena safely while most high school tournaments in the ET area came to a grinding halt all week.

Might the Halls girls give up their home court and play William Blount at Heritage? Obviously, they shouldn't have to, but that seems like a lesser evil than one of the Halls teams not having its coach.

Besides the Heritage boys agreeing to play at Halls -- which, understandably, I can't see happening -- the only other solution is to play the William Blount @ Halls girls game around 5 PM and the Halls @ Heritage boys game around 8 PM.

Not complaining. The games could have been played Friday night.

The TSSAA didn't tell the district not to play, it was up to the school systems. They cant keep delaying districts for weather. The girls state tournament starts next week. With all this weather what's going to happen to regionals if snow keeps up? Another snow day today.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.