Who will be 5A championship contenders?

gobears89

And to answer your other question I think Shadowens being here will help keep kids from leaving. Look for WB to be greatly improved this year as the rebuild won't be nearly as hard as people think. The consistent 2-8 and 3-7 records lately are deceiving because WB has lost alot of close games. Don't be surprised if they are 5-5,6-4, or even 7-3 this year.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to answer your other question I think Shadowens being here will help keep kids from leaving. Look for WB to be greatly improved this year as the rebuild won't be nearly as hard as people think. The consistent 2-8 and 3-7 records lately are deceiving because WB has lost alot of close games. Don't be surprised if they are 5-5,6-4, or even 7-3 this year.

Who do u see the 7 wins against? I know WB has a tough schedule in 2015

Who do u see the 7 wins against? I know WB has a tough schedule in 2015

LC,Heritage, Jeff Co, and Bearden are teams we should beat. And we "could" also beat Hardin Valley and Bradley Central. And an upset over Alcoa, Science Hill, or even Dobyns Bennett isn't outside the realm of possibility either. The only team we know we won't beat is Maryville. We have a good shot against all the other teams we play.

G91 dude you smoke on some quality tobacco. As bad as wb has been they will lose by an average of 21 to those last 5 teams you mention. Now this topic is about little old 5a so go back to 1 of your talk to your self topics and leave this 1 to the mighty Smoky Bears, owls and wildcats. we don't need no dang politicking govs.

G91 dude you smoke on some quality tobacco. As bad as wb has been they will lose by an average of 21 to those last 5 teams you mention. Now this topic is about little old 5a so go back to 1 of your talk to your self topics and leave this 1 to the mighty Smoky Bears, owls and wildcats. we don't need no dang politicking govs.

No wacky Tobaccy here, just telling it like it is. You only see the 2-8 and 3-7 records, I see an undisciplined team thats been its own worst enemy losing alot of close games over the years. With Shadowens calling the shots I expect to see a much more disciplined ball club this fall. The problems we've had have been turnovers and penalties on offense and an inability to get stops on defense. Our offense moved the ball up and down the field through the air and on the ground this past year but turnovers were a constant problem. I counted up all our redzone turnovers and we left atleast 100 points on the field in redzone turnovers alone. The funny thing is despite all of our turnovers we were still competing in games we lost and could have been a winning team if our defense was halfway decent. Speaking of defense.... Our problems on defense was a result of the scheme and poor fundamentals. If Shadowens puts a basic 4-3 defense back in and stresses fundamentals and tackling technique we'll have a much better defense too. People may not be able to see it but the Govs are not far off from being a good football team. If we can cut out some of the sloppiness on offense and get halfway decent on defense we'll be hard to beat in 2015. I know it'll be a process and i'll probably see some more performances that make me want to pull my hair out and scream but i'm confident WB will be a much better team by the time the dust settles at the end of the regular season. And if we are healthy at the end of the season we might even be able to win a playoff game or two. Edited by Governors91

No wacky Tobaccy here, just telling it like it is. You only see the 2-8 and 3-7 records, I see an undisciplined team thats been its own worst enemy losing alot of close games over the years. With Shadowens calling the shots I expect to see a much more disciplined ball club this fall. The problems we've had have been turnovers and penalties on offense and an inability to get stops on defense. Our offense moved the ball up and down the field through the air and on the ground this past year but turnovers were a constant problem. I counted up all our redzone turnovers and we left atleast 100 points on the field in redzone turnovers alone. The funny thing is despite all of our turnovers we were still competing in games we lost and could have been a winning team if our defense was halfway decent. Speaking of defense.... Our problems on defense was a result of the scheme and poor fundamentals. If Shadowens puts a basic 4-3 defense back in and stresses fundamentals and tackling technique we'll have a much better defense too. People may not be able to see it but the Govs are not far off from being a good football team. If we can cut out some of the sloppiness on offense and get halfway decent on defense we'll be hard to beat in 2015. I know it'll be a process and i'll probably see some more performances that make me want to pull my hair out and scream but i'm confident WB will be a much better team by the time the dust settles at the end of the regular season. And if we are healthy at the end of the season we might even be able to win a playoff game or two.

it'd be nice if I didn't have to read novels about WB on a 5A thread. We all know WB has never lost a game because the other team may have been better than them. No way that's possible. We've been hearing the same redundant shi* from you forever now. No go back to the other 15 threads about WB.

it'd be nice if I didn't have to read novels about WB on a 5A thread. We all know WB has never lost a game because the other team may have been better than them. No way that's possible. We've been hearing the same redundant shi* from you forever now. No go back to the other 15 threads about WB.

:)

Edited by fooseball96