Gibson County vs Riverside

westtnsportsfan

GC we hardly pressed against Dresden.

Ok... But we've pressed all year. Riverside struggles in major ways against full court pressure. Middleton's press isn't that great, just a lot of speed. Gibson has done very well beating opponents over the year by pressing. We could potentially run Riverside out of the gym if we have a good press going.

Ok... But we've pressed all year. Riverside struggles in major ways against full court pressure. Middleton's press isn't that great, just a lot of speed. Gibson has done very well beating opponents over the year by pressing. We could potentially run Riverside out of the gym if we have a good press going.

Yeah we didn't press Dresden. But they have a very skilled and mature pg in Hatchell. We have pressed most of the year. But I think it was a good decision to lay back on Dresden

Gibson doesn't play conservative. If they're open, they're shooting the ball. If Bri feels like getting to the basket and scoring, she's getting to the basket and scoring. If she feels like dominating this game tomorrow night, she will dominate this game. Riverside struggles with full court pressure without a true PG that can really handle it.... All Gibson Co. does for the most part is press. If Gibson is hitting shots tomorrow, Riverside won't know what hit them.

I have seen the press that GC runs be conservative in several games.  One that comes to mind is the first UC game at GC.  UC has no PG and beat the press easily all night and consequently hung around despite being drastically inferior.  GC can't afford to get in foul trouble which is why we may see the press look more like the UC game early on.  The girls know what is on the line and what foul trouble does to anyone who gets in it.  That goes for both sides.  I think GC wins but I think it will be a battle!

I have seen the press that GC runs be conservative in several games. One that comes to mind is the first UC game at GC. UC has no PG and beat the press easily all night and consequently hung around despite being drastically inferior. GC can't afford to get in foul trouble which is why we may see the press look more like the UC game early on. The girls know what is on the line and what foul trouble does to anyone who gets in it. That goes for both sides. I think GC wins but I think it will be a battle!

The difference in UC and Riverside is Raven Fair. Riverside has no Raven Fair. Gibson is the better team and should win the game but it still has to be played. After thinking about it, Riverside has very little depth without a drop off in talent as well. All match-ups in this game are in favor of Gibson.

GC has played under control and with a lot of composure on defense and offense lately. They are playing good fundamental defense and not fouling much. Even when they are pressing. Going to be interesting to see how they will react to lot bumping and grinding and how the game will be called.

GC has played under control and with a lot of composure on defense and offense lately. They are playing good fundamental defense and not fouling much. Even when they are pressing. Going to be interesting to see how they will react to lot bumping and grinding and how the game will be called.

I think how the game is called will be key. I can't wait for it! GC is peaking right now and I think is the better team but you just never know till the game is played. These are 14-18 year old girls, afterall! Take that however you want but i just mean sometimes you dont get what you think you should from them. If you have one or have raised one or have coached them, you know what i am talking about. Lol

I know what you are saying. All it takes is a sub- par performance and you are headed home. Once you get to this stage most teams are good. GC has a lot of tradition and these girls have heard about Glass House trips and state championships so they have answered the bell so far and they seem to be playing like a championship team at the moment.

I think how the game is called will be key. I can't wait for it! GC is peaking right now and I think is the better team but you just never know till the game is played. These are 14-18 year old girls, afterall! Take that however you want but i just mean sometimes you dont get what you think you should from them. If you have one or have raised one or have coached them, you know what i am talking about. Lol

BullShark, If you're going to be there, come holler at me.