CoachT

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA STATE TOURNAMENT GAMES CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER

All TSSAA state basketball tournament games scheduled for today have been cancelled due to extremely hazardous road conditions. Today’s schedule will resume tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. in order to allow extra time to for road conditions to improve in the morning.

Friday’s scheduled semifinal games will be played on Saturday beginning at 1:30 p.m. due to MTSU’s women’s basketball game that is scheduled game at 10:00 a.m. Saturday’s scheduled championship games will be played on Sunday.

A full schedule of times will be released later today.

MTSU and TSSAA officials have been monitoring the weather situation and road conditions since 4:00 a.m. this morning. “There is no way that we are willing to put any student-athlete’s life in jeopardy in order to try to play a basketball game,†stated Bernard Childress, Executive Director of TSSAA. “To us, the safety of the student-athletes, coaches, fans, and anyone attending or participating in the state basketball tournament is first and foremost.â€

--

Matthew Gillespie

Adjusted Schedule for Friday and Saturday

Friday, March 6

11:00 am - Class A Quarterfinal - Oliver Springs v. Decatur Co. Riverside 

12:30 pm - Class A Quarterfinal - Clarkrange v. Houston Co.

2:00 pm - Class AA Quaterfinal - Westmoreland v. Grainger

3:45 pm - Class AA Quaterfinal - Craigmont v. McMinn Central

5:15 pm -Class AA Quaterfinal - Elizabethton v. Westview

6:45 pm - Class AA Quaterfinal - Cannon Co. v. Martin Luther King

Saturday, March 7

1:30 pm - Class AAA Semifinal - Oakland v. Bearden

3:00 pm - Class AAA Semifinal - Morristown West v. Blackman

4:30 pm - Class A Semifinal - South Greene v. Middleton

6:00 pm - Class A Semifinal - TBD

7:30 pm - Class AA Semifinal - TBD

9:00 pm - Class AA Semifinal - TBD

TSSAA STATE TOURNAMENT GAMES CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER

All TSSAA state basketball tournament games scheduled for today have been cancelled due to extremely hazardous road conditions. Today’s schedule will resume tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. in order to allow extra time to for road conditions to improve in the morning.

Friday’s scheduled semifinal games will be played on Saturday beginning at 1:30 p.m. due to MTSU’s women’s basketball game that is scheduled game at 10:00 a.m. Saturday’s scheduled championship games will be played on Sunday.

A full schedule of times will be released later today.

MTSU and TSSAA officials have been monitoring the weather situation and road conditions since 4:00 a.m. this morning. “There is no way that we are willing to put any student-athlete’s life in jeopardy in order to try to play a basketball game,†stated Bernard Childress, Executive Director of TSSAA. “To us, the safety of the student-athletes, coaches, fans, and anyone attending or participating in the state basketball tournament is first and foremost.â€

--

Matthew Gillespie

Great decision!

I was wondering if this is this the first time games have been postponed? I can't recall a postponement in the last 40 years.

In 1968 when the tournament was held in Jackson, games were postponed for one day. I have not heard of it happening any other time.

In 1968 when the tournament was held in Jackson, games were postponed for one day. I have not heard of it happening any other time.

It's odd that you mention 1968 because I was a Senior in high school and our girls played in the state tournament in Jackson.  I was there so I remember the postponement, but don't recall one since then - including 1993.

i can't ever remember this happening. they didn't cancel even when the blizzard of 93 hit when we got 16 inches of snow and coffee co. won the state championship that year and nobody was there to watch it. the reason i remember this is beacause we beat coffee co. 3 times that year.

Yep. We (White County)beat them by like 31 points 9 days before the state championship. Shame.