AA state

90warrior

Based on state tournament carter can't be in top 4 cause they didn't make semi finals. Remember this board is based on state tournament.

You must be biased? Based on state tourney & you have bottom 4 5-8 Brain, central, Creekwood, Carter. That order would be reversed if based on state tourn. You have listed them 8-5. Besides, if the two best teams meet in the 1st round, it is absurd to say the looser is automatically in the bottom 4! Top 2 teams are Haywood & CPA period! The championship was played today. Fulton is a worthy opponent to Haywood as would be Carter & maybe Creekwood. But they all would/will loose. Edited by Darkside20

Order is not important. Teams that lost first round are in the bottom 4. Teams that lost in semis are 3 and 4. They will not have an opportunity to win the championship or runner up trophy. CPA can't be second cause they aren't playing in the championship game.

Who cares? The only one that matters is the state champion! Off the top of your head r/b can you tell me who was #4 5yrs ago?$&@

Seriously...Carter is not in the same category as Fulton.  2 years of success doesn't make you a high school powerhouse.  Carter has had their two years of glory now it's time to jet coach. Bench got no experience, relied on starting 5 all year.  Can't even compare these two coaches. Jody Wright is a legend and future Hall of Famer.

Seriously...Carter is not in the same category as Fulton.  2 years of success doesn't make you a high school powerhouse.  Carter has had their two years of glory now it's time to jet coach. Bench got no experience, relied on starting 5 all year.  Can't even compare these two coaches. Jody Wright is a legend and future Hall of Famer.

Agree with you on a couple of points. Two years do not make a powerhouse of which Fulton has definitely established. Fulton had some bumps in the past and from time to time over the years. Carter has been IMHO the team that has drawn everyone's attention including the Falcons the past two years. That does not make them a powerhouse but they have been the team on everyone's calendar to play/see. They were as you said young on the bench. As for comparing coaches, you are the only one that mentioned it. Coach Wright thru the years has established himself as a good coach. Depending on who you talk to or where you talk to them he as well as other coaches are either respected or "someone you for whatever reason don't care for and want to beat his team on the floor badly"....which I might add is another form of healthy respect for what you have built as a coach! Where I disagree with you is assuming the Carter coach may "jet" or the trying to compare him to anyone else. You sound like a Fulton faithful which is fine but at least be fair and objective! If you want to compare coaches then I don't believe in the first 2 years at Fulton that Coach Wright was able to accomplish what Carter's coach has in 2 years. As for "jetting", who are we to judge or question anyone's personal motives or decisions? Well I have been long winded but, IMHO we as debaters need to be fair and objective to those men and women who give up their long hours for the betterment of KIDS! Be blessed all and have a great day!

Augusta, you need to recant your words. Carter is in a better category than Fulton. They not only played better defense/offense against the state champs but with under a minute and a half had the lead. Carter played better, tougher and took it to Haywood. Your legend and future hall of famer should have taken a page out of Carter coach's gameplan! He out coached the legend. Carter was the only team in the tournament that had leads on Haywood and by everyone in the Murphy Center's view beat them everywhere on the floor. CPA didn't and as for the championship game, it was over the 1st qtr! The championship game was played on Thursday vs Carter.

Augusta, you need to recant your words. Carter is in a better category than Fulton. They not only played better defense/offense against the state champs but with under a minute and a half had the lead. Carter played better, tougher and took it to Haywood. Your legend and future hall of famer should have taken a page out of Carter coach's gameplan! He out coached the legend. Carter was the only team in the tournament that had leads on Haywood and by everyone in the Murphy Center's view beat them everywhere on the floor. CPA didn't and as for the championship game, it was over the 1st qtr! The championship game was played on Thursday vs Carter.

were there any balls handed out on thursday???  

the kansas city chiefs beat the seahawks and patriots this season...dont hear anyone going on and on about how amazing they are...

champions are crowned...everyone else is just watching, and crying

were there any balls handed out on thursday???  

the kansas city chiefs beat the seahawks and patriots this season...dont hear anyone going on and on about how amazing they are...

champions are crowned...everyone else is just watching, and crying

Here let me put it in plain English. Those of us who were watching all 3 days felt the game between Haywood and Carter was the best game and would have been a better Championship game then the actual game. CPA and Fulton were not as entertaining. Love, set, match DHStennis!

I agree that it was the best game of the tournament...ok...that still doesn't put "one hit wonder Carter" on the same level as Fulton.  We are not talking about one game or one tournament. We are talking about the history of the programs.   I'm not downing anyone I'm just stating the facts and history.  

Here let me put it in plain English. Those of us who were watching all 3 days felt the game between Haywood and Carter was the best game and would have been a better Championship game then the actual game. CPA and Fulton were not as entertaining. Love, set, match DHStennis!

its a tournament without seedings...unlike tennis

you actually think Carter could beat CPA??? thats funny...the only team that was capable of beating them...did beat them...so suck it up buttercup

matchups make the difference in any sport...the most complete team in the tourney won it...usually does

im sure you think that carter was the 2nd best team...but anyone from west TN who has actually seen ripley and haywood go at it believes that ripley could just as easily have beaten haywood...not a good matchup for the tomcats

regardless...cry all u want about the round they met...carter lost and it wasnt a championship game

last year haywood fans were howling all year long about how good they were...how they were the better team from the west...claiming they could beat south side...and yet...they didnt make it to substate or the boro to find out...i guess they really were the 2nd best team in the state...by ur arguements anyway...i mean they did win the title this year...and south side and haywood are the only 2 teams to beat cpa in what...4 years from TN...