AA state

90warrior

iv noticed no one is talking about the AA participants but i think that AA is loaded from top to bottom. after all they have cpa and a very good carter team. haywood may be the best team in the entire tourny regardless of classification.  fulton is also a very good team. i don't know much about ripley. but brainerd and chatt. central are very good also.don't sleep on creekwood also. what does everyone else think?

Edited by 90warrior

iv noticed no one is talking about the AA participants but i think that AA is loaded from top to bottom. after all they have cpa and a very good carter team. haywood may be the best team in the entire tourny regardless of classification.  fulton is also a very good team. i don't know much about ripley. but brainerd and chatt. central are very good also.don't sleep on creekwood also. what does everyone else think?

Some of us are talking about CPA, but our thread was moved to another board.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/242157-cpa-vs-creekwood/

Bill King is talking about CPA too, on the radio.  Though I'm not sure this is something the CPA faithful want repeated to those who may not have heard it ...

For what's its worth, I was listening to Bill Kings radio show on 95 am ESPN in Nashville this morning. He is on from 9-10 am. Bill is a long time college sports expert. I believe he is friends with Coach M at CPA.

The topic of Vandy basketball came up. Bill said he usually defends Stallings, but he said that if Vandy ever wants to make it to the big dance every year, they need to replace Stallings with Maddux for the simple reason that Maddux is known for his recruiting and would improve Vandys talent immediately.

Now, I don't believe Bill would intend to ever disparage Coach M, in fact this was intended to be a complement. However, when someone with the background and respect that Bill King has says your high school coach recruits better than the coach at your local D1 college, then can the CPA faithful see why everyone outside of Brentwood feels the way they do about CPA? Again, this was not someone calling a radio show or someone posting a rant on Coach T, this is a respected sports authority! The only way King could say this is in reference to CPA and the talent he has had there and the talent there now.

I know some at CPA have admitted they need to move to D2, others say they play by the rules and unless someone proves otherwise to TSSAA, then just get better or shut up. If CPA fans, admin, parents were really concerned about playing where they should be playing, they should demand the athletic director or school president pick up the phone today to the TSSAA office and go D2. You don't need to wait till next classification period or when the TSSAA gets around to splitting public/private, do it now.

Edited by rulefollower

Don't understand why CPA recruits want to play against weaker AA  competition instead of AAA. Time for a split of public/private. What happened to meeting in December to discuss this? Very unfair to District they play in and all those in tournament. A very good Creekwood team loses by 18. Play where you belong in the private division.

I'll go with CPA/Haywood winner v. Creekwood. I think CPA is probably the best "team", but Haywood is the most individually talented. Creekwood took it on the chin last week from CPA, but I have a feeling they would bounce back strong if they met in a rematch. Not that familiar with Carter and Fulton, but it looks like they can play as well. As the original poster said, it is a pretty deep field - probably better than the last few years.

I don't recall Blackwell and Varnado going at each other before. I think they actually played part of one season together for the Nashville Celtics, but don't think Team Thad (Varnado) played Atlanta Celtics (Blackwell). Won't be able to see their matchup if it occurs - would be a good one.

Its CPA's to lose but Haywood will match up very good with them also dont sleep on  Chad Culbreath and ripley if he gets hot he can really light it up 

Haywood maybe...Ripley, not so much. #11 is a fine player, and Ripley plays with cool heads and discipline, just don't have the size, athleticism, and offensive firepower to match buckets with CPA. Miles of separation between the polish of Blackwell, and the "grab it and dunk it" game of Lexington's Marshall. Hope that someone takes CPA down, but Ripley can't compete for four quarters against AA's best.

Haywood maybe...Ripley, not so much. #11 is a fine player, and Ripley plays with cool heads and discipline, just don't have the size, athleticism, and offensive firepower to match buckets with CPA. Miles of separation between the polish of Blackwell, and the "grab it and dunk it" game of Lexington's Marshall. Hope that someone takes CPA down, but Ripley can't compete for four quarters against AA's best.

I don't think they can beat CPA either but I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing Saturday night. There JR post player is very good they just don't seem to get him the ball enough