Brentwood vs Memphis East

2WHEELHogEye

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Offensive foul called on east three straight possessions with under 2 min left in the game. Terrible officiating ruined the end of this game

That's when coaching takes over. Those young men got frustrated and lost their composure. The coach has to call timeout and calm his players down and let them know what time it is. You have to recognize what's going on and adjust to it. The players are to young to recognize what was going on, but the coach shouldn't have been caught off guard like that. It's a learning experience for all. East has the goods to make it back next year, but making it out of Memphis will be the test. Good game Brentwood. Good season East.

Edited by kwc

That's when coaching takes over. Those young men got frustrated and lost their composure. The coach has to call timeout and calm his players down and let them know what time it is. You have to recognize what's going on and adjust to it. The players are to young to recognize what was going on, but the coach shouldn't have been caught off guard like that. It's a learning experience for all. East has the good to make it back next year. Good game Brentwood. Good season East.

Coaching made a mistake because they had charges called on them?? Lol. Look I understand they were all close calls. The first charge could have went either way. The second was a flat out flop. And the moving screen could be called on 90% of screens every game. And i believe the head coach of this team passed away earlier in the year so it was amazing they made it this far to begin with going through that. Just hate to see game decided by a few questionable calls. Not taking anything away as Brentwood played well and still may have won the game anyway.

I hope to see East back next year. They are a great team.

They will most definitely be. Great team that plays poised under pressure. They can't really stroke it, but they do everything else well.

Brentwood was lucky to win. Undisputed MVP was senior sixth man Ryan Hood, whose 7-for-7 effort from the line in the final couple minutes decided the game.

Congrats to East on a great season. Their best is in front of them!

Coaching made a mistake because they had charges called on them?? Lol. Look I understand they were all close calls. The first charge could have went either way. The second was a flat out flop. And the moving screen could be called on 90% of screens every game. And i believe the head coach of this team passed away earlier in the year so it was amazing they made it this far to begin with going through that. Just hate to see game decided by a few questionable calls. Not taking anything away as Brentwood played well and still may have won the game anyway.

Coaching made a mistake when they didn't alert the young men of the tactics the Brentwood coach was using. It was smart for the BW coach to bank on the ref's making those calls. They had battled all game, then suddenly the East players are running over BW players? It was a learning experience for the coach as well. I agree, I hate how the game was decided, but, it is what it is.

Brentwood Middle School's varsity team hasn't lost a game in 2 years winning the Williamson County JV Championship last year and the varsity Championship this year. they also won the TNT State Championship this year.  watch out for them in the coming years.  They will definitely be a regular state tournament participant over the next few years.

All the best to the Bruins in the championship game tomorrow. 

Coaching made a mistake when they didn't alert the young men of the tactics the Brentwood coach was using. It was smart for the BW coach to bank on the ref's making those calls. They had battled all game, then suddenly the East players are running over BW players? It was a learning experience for the coach as well. I agree, I hate how the game was decided, but, it is what it is.

Who is the East coach now?

They will most definitely be. Great team that plays poised under pressure. They can't really stroke it, but they do everything else well.

Brentwood was lucky to win. Undisputed MVP was senior sixth man Ryan Hood, whose 7-for-7 effort from the line in the final couple minutes decided the game.

Congrats to East on a great season. Their best is in front of them!

Is Ryan the brother of Zack that graduated a couple years ago?