Mitchell vs Union City

big_mike0307

Now, now Cope!! You have really made me laugh but let's be reasonable. Mitchell is at a completely different level of basketball than UC and that means they are two levels above all the other 1A teams. Hats off to Hampton for playing them a good game BUT tonight was the real Mitchell. They just have more talent and that's the bottom line. UC has really good talent and is NO DOUBT the second best team in Single A but Mitchell's speed, quickness and basketball skills were just too much. They would win 10 out of 10 versus UC. There's no shame in that. Most 1A teams would lose to Mitchell by 50 ten out of ten times. UC is a great Single A HS team but Mitchell would have given Haywood and Hamilton all they wanted in 2A and 3A. Interesting that you bring up officials, I was sitting next to a gentleman and he and I were both commenting how good the officiating was in that game. I've certainly seen worse. UC has a lot to be proud of this year and should be congratulated on a great year! I know it stings because we got stung pretty hard last Tuesday but it will pass and you can look back and reminisce on the positives.

Doubt they would lose 10/10 games. Lets face it Mitchell caught UC at there worst this week. If they played like they have most of the season then this would of been a game to watch. The refs were horrible but they didn't beat us. We beat ourselves with sloppy plays and poor shooting thats all there is. My hats off to Mitchell yall r an amazing team.Congratulations to my Tornadoes yall had a great season and just like what was said before 100s of teams would of loved to be in your spot. Now its time to say goodbye to our seniors yall will be missed and now time to focus on next year. We have some talented kids that will have to step up and get back to the boro and I believe we could see I more improved Parker Stewart next year cause knowing him he will be in that gym every day working hard to improve. Oh and another thing with Parkers dad as UTMs assistant coach how come they aren't looking at deberry?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt they would lose 10/10 games. Lets face it Mitchell caught UC at there worst this week. If they played like they have most of the season then this would of been a game to watch. The refs were horrible but they didn't beat us. We beat ourselves with sloppy plays and poor shooting thats all there is. My hats off to Mitchell yall r an amazing team.Congratulations to my Tornadoes yall had a great season and just like what was said before 100s of teams would of loved to be in your spot. Now its time to say goodbye to our seniors yall will be missed and now time to focus on next year. We have some talented kids that will have to step up and get back to the boro and I believe we could see I more improved Parker Stewart next year cause knowing him he will be in that gym every day working hard to improve. Oh and another thing with Parkers dad as UTMs assistant coach how come they aren't looking at deberry?

Mitchell would beat yall 10 of 10 all by 10-20 points yall did have a lot of fouls called but they were fouls some out of frustration and the rest because Mitchell was just to fast for yall... I wish #41 the best but from what I seen at tourny he is at best y'all's 3rd or 4th best player he would be lucky to get playing time at A school like Freed

Mitchell would beat yall 10 of 10 all by 10-20 points yall did have a lot of fouls called but they were fouls some out of frustration and the rest because Mitchell was just to fast for yall... I wish #41 the best but from what I seen at tourny he is at best y'all's 3rd or 4th best player he would be lucky to get playing time at A school like Freed

What u saw is not the same player we've seen for 4 years I promise u that. He is way better than what he demonstrated. He is 6'5 G/F He has shot 56% from the floor 50% from three and 82% from the free throw. Not to mention he averaged 19 points per game 5 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals; and your telling me thats not good enough for D1? WOW! You dont judge a player by 1 tournament its what you have done through out the season. If you throw out everything he has done during the seaon and just judge him by what he did in 3 games then that is just plain ignorance pal. And as far as the others yes I believe Simpson has a good shot at college basketball and I think he could be a decent D1 player as well. Stockdale more than likely not D1 but could play college ball if he can become more of a guard. The point is what you saw is not even close to what we did so no I dont think Mitchell could beat us every time. And if you noticed we were still in striking range till it blew up in the 4th. Edited by JDOGG80

That's what a lot of people in Haywood probably thinking the same thing as you as for as Mcneil and Vick when they played them Region and Substate.They probably thinking these guys want get no time at Western Ky and SMU.Big Mike, these Coaches see these guys in AAU tournaments and see the potential in these guys.As for as 41, he a red shirt to get strength and get better ball handling skills and may not get major minutes until his junior year.Also, there was a lot of people that saw Vanardo and Blackwell play in the Semis and their first time seeing each play and all the people I sat around said Vanardo was the better player.Thats one game they judging.I like Blackwell game and all the Mr.Basketball finalists.I think they all will contribute on the next level sometime in their college career.Some will play as Freshman and some won't play til their Sophomore.

UC committed all those fouls because, for whatever reason ,they were slow all week...They were reaching, weren't moving their feet...They were just slow...They had zero confidence in their shots...I don't think I have ever seen a whole team lose their shooting touch all at one time...They looked confused when attacking a defensive set, any set...They settled for 30 foot shots and that was against all three teams...They played bad all week and they got beat down for it...In my opinion, they got what they deserved in the tourney...Most puzzling thing I've ever seen...That team you guys saw in those three games in Murfreesboro was not the same team that hit the floor 34 other times this season...Had we played like that all year we would have had 10-12 losses and not made it to the state tournament...

UC committed all those fouls because, for whatever reason ,they were slow all week...They were reaching, weren't moving their feet...They were just slow...They had zero confidence in their shots...I don't think I have ever seen a whole team lose their shooting touch all at one time...They looked confused when attacking a defensive set, any set...They settled for 30 foot shots and that was against all three teams...They played bad all week and they got beat down for it...In my opinion, they got what they deserved in the tourney...Most puzzling thing I've ever seen...That team you guys saw in those three games in Murfreesboro was not the same team that hit the floor 34 other times this season...Had we played like that all year we would have had 10-12 losses and not made it to the state tournament...

Sorry to disagree in one aspect, your #11 did drive the lane (at least in our game) and made shots...Also the reason he shot 8 or 10 free throws...If we had driven the lane as usual, and had #11 not been aggressive, game may not have been close...because UC was cold...But then again, Jones was also cold and never got going.

Once again, congrats to UC for making it far enough to play in a game we and dozens of other 1A schools would have loved to have played in

UC committed all those fouls because, for whatever reason ,they were slow all week...They were reaching, weren't moving their feet...They were just slow...They had zero confidence in their shots...I don't think I have ever seen a whole team lose their shooting touch all at one time...They looked confused when attacking a defensive set, any set...They settled for 30 foot shots and that was against all three teams...They played bad all week and they got beat down for it...In my opinion, they got what they deserved in the tourney...Most puzzling thing I've ever seen...That team you guys saw in those three games in Murfreesboro was not the same team that hit the floor 34 other times this season...Had we played like that all year we would have had 10-12 losses and not made it to the state tournament...

I have no doubt that this was not the UC team that played 35 prior games. The points you make regarding the 30 foot shots etc is EXACTLY what I was trying to communicate to the UC fans regarding TCA. That horrible 3rd Q was not indicative of our season.. We we're taking horrible shots, uncharacteristically turning the ball over, etc. UC fans crucified me for making those assessments. I don't think the 4th Q was indicative of UC's season. Is UC 26 points better than TCA? No way in hades they are. Is Mitchell 30 points better than UC? Absolutely not. I think Mitchell is truly 10 points better than UC and I think UC is truly 10 better than TCA. It was a bad game in both cases but both teams had fantastic seasons! UC should hold their heads high and celebrate a fine season and that Senior class should celebrate an incredible 4 year run!

TCA I met you at UC and I really enjoyed our talk. You are a class guy I don't know how many more times I will be on here. The coach didn't do anything for the team, he seems to think the silver ball doesn't mean anything. Like I told you at the game I am Stockdale's PaPa and COPE is not kin to him in any way. Asst. coach at UTM is going to try to help him we will be proud of anything he can do.

TCA I met you at UC and I really enjoyed our talk. You are a class guy I don't know how many more times I will be on here. The coach didn't do anything for the team, he seems to think the silver ball doesn't mean anything. Like I told you at the game I am Stockdale's PaPa and COPE is not kin to him in any way. Asst. coach at UTM is going to try to help him we will be proud of anything he can do.

Thank you. I wish Malik the best! After college he will be a success in life. Anytime a player has that type of work ethic in sports it will carry over to the real world. It was a pleasure meeting you as well.

You people didn't watch many of UC games for the last. 4 years if not for Stockdale UC would not made it to the glass house . He led the team in just about every category for 4 years . He is probably the only player that could play D1.

nope.  If MJ Brown couldn't do it, then stock is not a D1 type player either (sorry, but the truth)  Just hope any of the boys can use basketball to get a college education would be great.  Proud of the UC boys, great opportunity and experience.  Mitchell just simply better team - more athletic, better shooters, better defense, better effort both ends of court.  Just how it is.  Can't be the best team every time.  Still proud.