Mitchell vs Union City

big_mike0307

Ohhhh, ok trader...Here we go...

I'm not a coach in a state tournament semi-final game...I'm guessing you haven't ever been either...Kids, as you know nowadays, are pretty high-strung...They voice their opinions pretty strtongly...Coaches nowadays have to know how to deal with these high-strung kids...Ronald Ward is a guy I, if I was a teenager, wouldn't mess with...That's the coach that was trying to talk to the kid, if you didn't know...Anyway, the game was tight...UC was playing like garbage on the offensive end...Everybody was frustrated...Things happen on the sidelines or benches...You know that unless you were tooting a horn in the band...I see kids on sidelines running their mouths at coaches a lot...I see kids, when a coach is yelling at him/her, just stare off into space...Was it disrespectful ?...Of course...What do you do about it ?...Sisco didn't see it...He was actually paying attention to the game...He said afterwards that when he found out what happened he was going to sit him for the game...If you want to Dr. Phil that and call him a liar, do it...I'll take him for his word because I actually know him...He talked with Ronald and he asked him are you Ok with putting him back in...Ronald told him, yeah, we're good...So Sisco put him back in...Do you know what happened in the locker room afterward ?...I don't either...Do you know what happened in their practice this morning ?...I don't either...I imagine Sisco took care of it internally and it's none of anyone's on here business...

I think it was something that was blown out of proportion...

Had it been me, I would have probably gotten in the kid's ear and then would have had him run this morning...Then it would have been over and it wouldn't have been brought up anymore...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh, ok trader...Here we go...

I'm not a coach in a state tournament semi-final game...I'm guessing you haven't ever been either...Kids, as you know nowadays, are pretty high-strung...They voice their opinions pretty strtongly...Coaches nowadays have to know how to deal with these high-strung kids...Ronald Ward is a guy I, if I was a teenager, wouldn't mess with...That's the coach that was trying to talk to the kid, if you didn't know...Anyway, the game was tight...UC was playing like garbage on the offensive end...Everybody was frustrated...Things happen on the sidelines or benches...You know that unless you were tooting a horn in the band...I see kids on sidelines running their mouths at coaches a lot...I see kids, when a coach is yelling at him/her, just stare off into space...Was it disrespectful ?...Of course...What do you do about it ?...Sisco didn't see it...He was actually paying attention to the game...He said afterwards that when he found out what happened he was going to sit him for the game...If you want to Dr. Phil that and call him a liar, do it...I'll take him for his word because I actually know him...He talked with Ronald and he asked him are you Ok with putting him back in...Ronald told him, yeah, we're good...So Sisco put him back in...Do you know what happened in the locker room afterward ?...I don't either...Do you know what happened in their practice this morning ?...I don't either...I imagine Sisco took care of it internally and it's none of anyone's on here business...

I think it was something that was blown out of proportion...

Had it been me, I would have probably gotten in the kid's ear and then would have had him run this morning...Then it would have been over and it wouldn't have been brought up anymore...

Pretty good answer...lots better than the "you morons..." that you chose earlier. We're in agreement on most everything, I probably would have done just what Sisco did having not seen it, and the assistant assuring him that everything was "fine". We don't exactly agree on the "in this day and time" part...yeah, I know that kids are different in regard to respecting authority figures, but that's just the better reason for asserting just who is in charge and acceptable behavior.