Phillip shadowens new head coach at William blount

The answer to your question would still be you... Oxymoron is not the same as a contradictory statement , but rather two words that are used as rhetoric or figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in "A fine mess or “a little big.â€. Those are examples oxymoron... There is a big difference in that and a contradictory statement.

Good grief, when do you two graduate.

The answer to your question would still be you... Oxymoron is not the same as a contradictory statement , but rather two words that are used as rhetoric or figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in "A fine mess or “a little big.â€. Those are examples oxymoron... There is a big difference in that and a contradictory statement.  

Jumbo Shrimp!

• Upvote 3

Good grief, when do you two graduate.

GaddisTossSweep,

Yes, It needs to stop, I agree.. But as long as anyone gets on here and continues to run their trap about a persons character and they have little or none of the facts, they are probably going to get a large dose of shut up from somebody. After all he coached hundreds of kids successfully for over 24 years  You always have your right to opinion on here, but seemingly throwXaway has a bone to pick with Coach Shadowens. and wants to do his/her best to trash his name. If you are confident in his wrong doing, then let the investigation prove your point. After all what difference is it to him? He is no longer in Rutherford county, and not coaching your child so let it go It is not like it is going to change what you have for dinner. 

GaddisTossSweep,

Yes, It needs to stop, I agree.. But as long as anyone gets on here and continues to run their trap about a persons character and they have little or none of the facts, they are probably going to get a large dose of shut up from somebody. After all he coached hundreds of kids successfully for over 24 years  You always have your right to opinion on here, but seemingly throwXaway has a bone to pick with Coach Shadowens. and wants to do his/her best to trash his name. If you are confident in his wrong doing, then let the investigation prove your point. After all what difference is it to him? He is no longer in Rutherford county, and not coaching your child so let it go It is not like it is going to change what you have for dinner. 

both of you should be careful..plus, neither one of you are going to change the opinion of each ither..you can't be calling each other names

both of you should be careful..plus, neither one of you are going to change the opinion of each ither..you can't be calling each other names

Wingman10... I have been fairly quite and I have refrained from calling names...and you are right I will not change anyone opinion of Coach.. I know him to be an honest, Godly man who loves the game and coaching young men. 

ThrowXaway - I am not sure what exactly you are referring to in your post. If you could be a little more clear, it would be greatly appreciated by not only those of us in rutherford county, but our friends in blount county. My son started at Blackmam middle in 6th grade playing football. I believe there were 9 coaches that year (teachers as well as volunteers within our community

who came out to work with our boys and help them learn

the game). These coaches spent countless hours working with our young men and each one made an

impact on my son - although all of them were great, the

ones that had the most impact on my son were Coach

Harris, Coach Effler, Coach Long and of course Coach

McCreery, but that was because he is an offensive

lineman. One of those coaches was from MTSU, two

were coaches in the community who volunteered their

time and energy, and of course our head coach. Now

that he is in high school and played on the freshman

team, the coach that had the most impact was Coach

Knox - along with Coach Harris and Coach Shad. What is

wrong with impacting these young boys starting at rhe

middle school.level? And what is wrong with showing

these toung men the right way to play the game at that ypung an age? To watch them play this past year was

just amazing. I guess my point is, if there is some reason that you have a particular beef with Coach Shad and don't want to take it up with him directly (instead feel the need to use this forum), then why be cryptic? Blount County has gained a great Coach....and for the record - I am from Knoxville and I just want to say THANK Y'ALL for showing Coach Shad and his family the welcome that

you did. You make me proud to be from East Tennessee. GO GOVS!! :) :smile: :)

Edited by Blackman63

ThrowXaway - I am not sure what exactly you are referring to in your post. If you could be a little.more ckear, it would be greatly appreciated by mot only those of us in rutherford county but our friends in blount county. My son started at Blackmam middle in 6th grade playing football. I believe there were 9 coaches that year (teachers as well as volunteers within our community

who came out to work with our boys and help them learn

the game). These coaches spent countless hours working with our young men and each one made an

impact on my son - although all of them were great, the

ones that had the most impact on my son were Coach

Harris, Coach Effer, Coach Long and of course Coach

McCreery, but that was because he is an offensive

lineman. One of those coaches was from MTSU, two

were coaches in the community who volunteered their

time and energy, and of course our head coach. Now

that he is in high school and played on the freshman

team, the coach that had the most impact was Coach

Knox - along with Coach Harris and Coach Shad. What is

wrong with impacting these young boys starting at rhe

middle school.level? And what is wrong with showing

these toung men the right way to play the game at that ypung an age? To watch them play this past year was

just amazing. I guess my point is, if there is some reason that you have a particular beef with Ciach Shad and don't want to take it up with him directly (instead feel the need to use this forum), then why be cryptic? Blount County has gained a great Coach....and for the record - I am from Knoxville and I just want to say THANK Y'ALL for showing Coach Shad and his family the welcome that

you did. You make me proud to be from East Tennessee. GO GOVS!! :) :smile: :)

BUMP!

BUMP!

Ok Warhawk.  I'll bite.  One last time.  Blackman63, I didn't like the fact that the stipends which were set aside for middle school teachers/coaches were diverted to coaches who A) don't work at the middle school and B ) whose primary coaching responsibilities are for the high school.  I didnt like seeing various coaches show up late to practice and games from time to time because of their primary high school responsibilities.  I dont like the fact that Blackman Middle has not been to the championship game since the high school took over.  My opinion is that the high school has used the middle school program to help pay for high school coaches.  I do think that many of those guys who were coaching middle school over the years cared about those kids and I commend them for coaching.  Its just not a formula for middle school success.

Now, I realize that my opining has caused some of the most ardent Shadowens fans (and family) to be upset.  What can I say?  I have a dissenting opinion,  It's not libel or slander or a beef, its simply an opinion from a person with a different lens.  You may be surprised, but lots of people outside  the immediate Shad circle have similar dissenting opinions but they wont take to this medium for fear of reprisal or unnecessary conflict.

Now, I'm gonna take the advice of others and change my password to something I will never remember and move on.  Good luck to the Blaze and good luck to the Govs.

Edited by throwXaway

Yes, this. ^^^^^

And to blazeburning, you probably know what "moron" means, so I wont waste time with that but I will school you on the meaning of the word "oxymoron"  An oxymoron can be found in the following sentence.:

"I don't condone calling people names, but I think this is pretty accurate.....You ,sir, are a MORON!!!!!"

Who's the moron now?

WOW!!! I love it when somebody tries to be cute and condescending trying to make a point and they just further prove my point. Try to look up big words in the dictionary before trying to use them. I still hold to my statement!

By the way, my favorite oxymoron is Government Intelligence.

• Upvote 1