Alcoa coach resigns

Rooky7

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it that the new coach is already in house. Does this mean they are hiring an assistant?

AD told me he wouldn't be hiring anyone soon, and I don't think it'll be an assistant coach. Someone had mentioned David Marsh, but that wouldn't be a smart hire. He's been out of coaching since 2002 when he was the BOYS coach.

We need to look outside Alcoa for this hire. Justin Combs, Stephen Gregg, and especially Justin Underwood are some of the bigger names. Of the three, I'd shoot for Underwood and MAKE him tell us no.

Surely there are other qualified candidates who will apply as well.

Why would underwood leave bearden. Same reason Farraguts coach Fultons coach halls coach south Doyle's coach or any coach in knox co. Money talent and facilities. Big money difference from knox co schools to Alcoa.

Which begs the question again, why did Tonya leave. The facilities are great.....the best. The talent, with Maryville, Heritage and now WB, not as much available. Money ...more at times than you can shake a stick at for men coaches.  Again, why did she leave. If it is money for the program, that will not change. Knowing in detail the history of this program for the last 15 years, the women's program is second...period.

Also, why did the neighbor school, Lenoir City coach leave. Probably two different reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Alcoa will hire former William Blount boys coach.... he's on staff at Alcoa.

Every penny available is directed to football.... I think coach finally gave up.Team had raised $ for Florida Christmas Tournament.... Now they're going 5 miles to Maryville tournament.... Sad !

Not familiar with whom you speak...do you have name and has this been done.

Alcoa will hire former William Blount boys coach.... he's on staff at Alcoa.

Every penny available is directed to football.... I think coach finally gave up.Team had raised $ for Florida Christmas Tournament.... Now they're going 5 miles to Maryville tournament.... Sad !

Wow......................................................................................................................................................................................................