Tennessee Pride Ironman - April 25th

salterjd

It only makes sense to run the Folk style first.  The matches take the longest amount of time to complete.  Some will not even compete in Freestyle or Greco.  Get the long part of the day out of the way with Folk and then the faster scoring and pins with the other styles.  IT is easier on the refs also to do Folk first.  Plus that is the way the tournament schedule has run since the Ironman was created.

I disagree.  I chose to put Freestyle first and Greco second for that very reason.  Everytime we had Folkstyle first, we would have a lot of wrestlers leave and many wouldn't even see freestyle/greco.  Putting Freestyle first because it is the most popular Olympic style and then Greco second was planned to at least expose wrestlers to the 2 styles.  Having folkstyle last, in my opinion, would show those waiting for folkstyle that the Olympic styles are also fun and kids should give them a try.  I apologize for anyone who missed freestyle.  I assumed most would be wrestling all 3 styles and Hatcher was out of town to change flyers.  The whole point of the Ironman is to wrestle all 3 styles in a day and try to win the Cup for winning all 3 styles.  For future reference, we will continue the Freestyle-Greco-Folkstyle order in the future.  

I disagree.  I chose to put Freestyle first and Greco second for that very reason.  Everytime we had Folkstyle first, we would have a lot of wrestlers leave and many wouldn't even see freestyle/greco.  Putting Freestyle first because it is the most popular Olympic style and then Greco second was planned to at least expose wrestlers to the 2 styles.  Having folkstyle last, in my opinion, would show those waiting for folkstyle that the Olympic styles are also fun and kids should give them a try.  I apologize for anyone who missed freestyle.  I assumed most would be wrestling all 3 styles and Hatcher was out of town to change flyers.  The whole point of the Ironman is to wrestle all 3 styles in a day and try to win the Cup for winning all 3 styles.  For future reference, we will continue the Freestyle-Greco-Folkstyle order in the future.

Great Job

That may work if you are only wanting FS/GR to grow, which is needed.  Unless you have a new group of officials come just for Folk, there will be lots of calls and positions missed by doing it last after the other styles.  The periods are longer, scoring much different and now you have to factor in beliefs with who is stalling.

Referees are much fresher in the morning to do the long six min plus overtime matches.

Coffee County thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to the Ironman this year! My kids got 6+ matches each with good quality competition, mostly from schools that we do not get to see in the regular season. Therefor, I found this even more valuable. I felt as though the tournament moved just as smoothly as any other tournament I've attended. Job well done to Coach Bray & his staff. Great tournament, great purpose, we will definitely be back!

I agree with the order in which the Iroman was wrestled by keeping folkstyle last. Also anytime you have a regular freestyle/greco tournament then freestyle should be last for the reasons mentioned above. Many times in the past when greco was the last style there wasn't anyone left to wrestle.