Football coaching salaries

I'm not sure how to read this. Obviously education is not a priority or ever has been in your life. Throw in a comma or period every now and then.

On the contrary, actually hold a doc degree. Do you? So you are saying football is not education? Does all education come from books? Football teaches life lessons. How many kids would dropout if not for football? How many math, English, science teachers can honestly say "I made a difference today". How many will say it every day. Better yet how many kids will say they did.

Edited by Simplefacts

On the contrary, actually hold a doc degree. Do you? So you are saying football is not education? Does all education come from books? Football teaches life lessons. How many kids would dropout if not for football? How many math, English, science teachers can honestly say "I made a difference today". How many will say it every day. Better yet how many kids will say they did.

I'm saying football is a game.  If you want to call football education, then the same can be said for hockey, basketball, golf, kickball, etc.  They are all games.  Hockey teaches life lessons.  Boy scouts teach life lessons.  Debate team teaches life lessons.  Don't act like football is the only life lesson

I'm saying football is a game.  If you want to call football education, then the same can be said for hockey, basketball, golf, kickball, etc.  They are all games.  Hockey teaches life lessons.  Boy scouts teach life lessons.  Debate team teaches life lessons.  Don't act like football is the only life lesson

Boy scouts are really teachin life lessons now

Booger just sayin rainbow-2756.gif

No one ever said that other games don't teach you life lessons. You were the one that said " I dont know many students who play football after their senior year. Most people try to use the knowledge they gained in high school school after they graduate". Knowledge can be obtained in many different ways, not just a textbook. Why we keep referring back to football is because last time I checked this was a football board. You might want to check the definition of education too. Education:the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life. If you don't believe football does that then you never played the game

No one ever said that other games don't teach you life lessons. You were the one that said " I dont know many students who play football after their senior year. Most people try to use the knowledge they gained in high school school after they graduate". Knowledge can be obtained in many different ways, not just a textbook. Why we keep referring back to football is because last time I checked this was a football board. You might want to check the definition of education too. Education:the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life. If you don't believe football does that then you never played the game

I agree football does that.  So do other sports.  I don't agree we need to pay a football coach $100,000 a year to teach these life lessons.   

If you are so curious about my high school playing days, I earned 18 varsity letters in my 4 years of high school at a current 5A school (3A when then were just 3 divisions).  Played TE and LB. Captain two years in football.  So yeah, I know a couple things about the game and feel qualified to discuss it.

I agree football does that.  So do other sports.  I don't agree we need to pay a football coach $100,000 a year to teach these life lessons.   

If you are so curious about my high school playing days, I earned 18 varsity letters in my 4 years of high school at a current 5A school (3A when then were just 3 divisions).  Played TE and LB. Captain two years in football.  So yeah, I know a couple things about the game and feel qualified to discuss it.

You reap what sow. If a private donor wants to make contributions over what the teachers/coaches salary is who is to stop them or even judge them for it. It happened my senior year of high school. The coach we hired had won state championships in another state,and turned a program around to a top 8 team in the state. This same school has since won multiple state championships, brought more $$$$, and pride to a small rural town. That's like me going to your job and telling you your not worth 100k. Your worth what you value yourself at. If someone wants to pay me 100k I would say I'm worth it.

I also have earned varsity letters in 3 sports I played in high school. 2 time all conference in football and baseball. 3 year football captain. Along with other awards to boot. I've also been on the other side and coached too. Turned around a team that didnt win a game in 3 years and by year 3 we got beat by 7 to go to the 5A state championship.

You reap what sow. If a private donor wants to make contributions over what the teachers/coaches salary is who is to stop them or even judge them for it. It happened my senior year of high school. The coach we hired had won state championships in another state,and turned a program around to a top 8 team in the state. This same school has since won multiple state championships, brought more $$$$, and pride to a small rural town. That's like me going to your job and telling you your not worth 100k. Your worth what you value yourself at. If someone wants to pay me 100k I would say I'm worth it.

I also have earned varsity letters in 3 sports I played in high school. 2 time all conference in football and baseball. 3 year football captain. Along with other awards to boot. I've also been on the other side and coached too. Turned around a team that didnt win a game in 3 years and by year 3 we got beat by 7 to go to the 5A state championship.

and you accomplished all that without a $100,000 salary to coach football.  You make my point!

and you accomplished all that without a $100,000 salary to coach football. You make my point!

I was a college student and not the head coach. So please dont make assumption. How is that making your point? People tend to forget self worth these days. I believe teachers and coaches alike are some of the most underpaid professions out there. To shape a child or teens for the real world should be worth Way more than what any coach/teacher makes.

A Ceo could run a company and accomplish many things and could do it without making 100k but they do don't they? Your point is mute. Your only worth what someone wants to pay you.I value life lessons and development in young adult I dont see a problem with a head coach making 100k a year, sorry you don't feel the way

Edited by Swipes