Football coaching salaries

All I'm reading about is education. What about the role models these coaches are for kids. Some of them are the only father figure these kids have and the last significant male role model in their life before they are released into society. Seems, like a pretty important investment to me.

All I'm reading about is education. What about the role models these coaches are for kids. Some of them are the only father figure these kids have and the last significant male role model in their life before they are released into society. Seems, like a pretty important investment to me.

+1 way more to education than just math and english. Most Trig teachers not handing out life lessons and are role models like coaches are.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a coach/teacher making 100k, compared to just a regular old teacher making 60k. Coaches put in double the hours as a teacher, and they help the school make money whereas a regular teacher doesn't do that.

A decent football program will just about always be profitable. Before Coach Trapp became coach and turned things around we were lucky to have 50 ppl in the stands. We didn't have community support, so no fundraisers, losing money at the gate, etc. 

Since he has turned things around and made the football program profitable, you start seeing the team getting new nice things. New jerseys, new helmets, new bleachers, new nice large building for our team, and lots of other small things. 

Community support makes all the difference. The more the community participates in football related things, the more money the program makes as a whole. 

Are you shocked we are way behind? Because I am not shocked at all. People would be upset if a high school teacher/coach would be upset if they knew we as teachers and coaches made that much.

You mean you don't make 100k plus a year? We bumped ours up in Motown when Pemberton was paid 80 plus by the tobacco farmers of Lafayette a couple years ago. Where you coaching at making beans?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a coach/teacher making 100k, compared to just a regular old teacher making 60k. Coaches put in double the hours as a teacher, and they help the school make money whereas a regular teacher doesn't do that.

A decent football program will just about always be profitable. Before Coach Trapp became coach and turned things around we were lucky to have 50 ppl in the stands. We didn't have community support, so no fundraisers, losing money at the gate, etc. 

Since he has turned things around and made the football program profitable, you start seeing the team getting new nice things. New jerseys, new helmets, new bleachers, new nice large building for our team, and lots of other small things. 

Community support makes all the difference. The more the community participates in football related things, the more money the program makes as a whole. 

You just made my point...does Coach Trapp make 125k per year?

You have no valid point, you get what you pay for in general

DCTIGERFAN illustrated the difference a good coach makes, not only for the team, but the good of the program in general. The two coaches salaries were the same, just that one was the right fit, worked harder, related to the kids better, for whatever reason the results were very different with no increase in pay.

I don't disagree that if school X pays $100,000.00 for coaching duties, and school Y pays $9,000.00, that school X has a 97% chance of hiring the better coach. What I am saying is that if everyone multiplies their football salary x10, the overall difference won't be nearly worth the added expense.

DCTIGERFAN illustrated the difference a good coach makes, not only for the team, but the good of the program in general. The two coaches salaries were the same, just that one was the right fit, worked harder, related to the kids better, for whatever reason the results were very different with no increase in pay.

I don't disagree that if school X pays $100,000.00 for coaching duties, and school Y pays $9,000.00, that school X has a 97% chance of hiring the better coach. What I am saying is that if everyone multiplies their football salary x10, the overall difference won't be nearly worth the added expense.

if every school in TN upped salaries 10x......more college players would go into coaching, more coaches would trickle in from out of state, and better coaches would remain in coaching. It would be a 10 times upgrade in coaching. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Most teachers I know support high school athletics and let's face it guys, just like college, football is the cash cow of high school athletics. Winning packs the stadium and gates generate revenue for athletic programs so why fault programs for digging deep into the coffers for quality coaching?