Ian O'Connor, Halls

John Vaughn, Brentwood Academy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no ties with the Cloudland program, but for those of us who watch football every Friday night, if Mark Byrd of Cloudland is not one of the top three backs in the state, they just need to do away with the trophy. Whoever nominates these players would have to be totally out of their mind to leave Mark off. Great kid, excellent student and who has done more for their football team in the last 3 years than Mark? You writers better know that if Coach Lunceford would have wanted to pad Mark's stats he could have very easily done so. The most amazing thing about Mark's accomplishments was that he missed two games and rarely every got to play a full game because of the score. I commend the three nominees that were chosen but this is a total disgrace for the efforts that this young man puts forth every Friday night. Don't be surprised to see Byrd put up numbers that are unreal over the next few weeks. Last week 2 touchdown runs, threw for 3 touchdowns, over 130 yards rushing, 100 more all purpose yards, and this is just a routine night. Hard to imagine what the writers are watching.

[Edited by coachtdog on 11-12-02 2:06P]

To all the guys noninated, and I think everyone of you are deserving. As far as Byrd goes, he still has his senior year to prove what kind of an athelete he is. I'm very happy to see Dane Chrisman with his name in the hat. He has worked like a man possessed and no one is more deserving then he is. I don't think of Cloudland as a one man show, and the individuals achievements are great, but I had rather see the team achieve and I think all of them feel the sme way. GO LANDERS!!

The Mr.Football Awards have always been set up in favor of seniors.For example,in 1995 Kelcey Williams of Humboldt was a junior & had better stats than Marion County's Eric Westmoreland who was a senior.Westmoreland won the award & in 1996 Williams didn't have nearly as good a year as he had in '95 yet this time he won the award.Underclassmen will only win Mr.Football when they have all the seniors out-classed.

I don't know who makes nominations for player of the year, but whoever it is must be drunk and blind. If they can't see that Mark Byrd should be at least nominated they can't see. He broke the the single season rushing record for quarterback in all classesand took his team to the state championship last year. He also missed two games in the process of getting that record. He only played one half in most of the rest of the games. Patrick Wills is his only competition. :);):);););)

I FIND IT A DISGRACE REGARDLESS OF BEING A JUNIOR, THAT MARK BYRD OF CLOUDLAND WAS NOT EVEN NOMINATED FOR MR FOOTBALL BACK. EVERYONE WHO HAS PLAYED AGAINST THIS KID OR WITH THIS KID WOULD TELL YOU HE DESERVED THAT RIGHT. NOT KNOCKING ANY OF THE THREE NOMINATED, BUT THIS ONE THEY MISSED. SOME SAY THEY ARE WAITING FOR HIS SENIOR YR. WELL IF HE DESERVES IT NOW THEN HE DESERVES IT.ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN BY NEXT YEAR. A DISGRACE IS ALL I CAN SAY....BYRD IF YOU HAPPEN TO SEE THIS, WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEART YOU THE MAN....SORRY