A/AA Regions

BigG

If I understand correctly, split of the brackets has to be CCS on one side, MCM on the other.  Madison on one side, Sheffield on the other.  CPA on one side, Page on the other, which forces CAK and Greeneville on separate sides.

How young is WH, played against them in Gatlinburg and heard they were young

We are pretty young. 4 freshmen started from about mid season on, 5 played significant minutes. We lose 3 seniors starters. Have another good freshman class coming in. We should be in the mix for the next 2 or 3 years anyway.

• Upvote 1

So here's a new one...

One of our players receive a yellow card for a foul during regulation.  The card was warranted and the player leaves the game as is required.  About 10 minutes later we go to put the cautioned player back in the game and the referee comes over to inform us that if we put him back in the match he will immediately receive a red card because of "a verbal altercation with the 4th official from 10 minutes ago."  We do not put him back in the match.  We end up going to penalties and the referee reiterated that if we have him take a penalty kick he would be immediately thrown out of the game and the official refused to allow him to take a penalty kick even though he had only received a yellow card in the match.  The criteria for taking a penalty kick in a shootout are (1) they have to be on the roster, and (2) they cannot have been sent off (or in NFHS-speak, disqualified).  This player met both criteria but was explicitly denied an opportunity to take a penalty kick.

From page 86 of the NFHS 2014-15 Soccer Rules Book:

Tie-Breaking Procedure

A-3-b "Each coach will select any five players, including the goalkeeper, on or off the field (except those who have been disqualified) to take kicks.

Edited by yAxis

Big G,

You got away with one today! What a great match! We gave you every ounce we had and then a little more. If we didn't get ya today when we had ya on the ropes, I don't know who will...

Best of luck next week!

It was a great match.  By the end of those overtime periods, all 20 players from both sides looked like Rocky and Apollo at the end of Rocky I & II... giving everything plus a little more, nothing left in the tank, but all of them refusing to give up.

White House is a great program and Mark Lamberth is a class act.  Our schools have quite a history together on both the boys and girls' sides.  Last time the boys played, you knocked us out up at your place in the region semi 2-0 in 2011 about a month after we had beat you 5-0.  We won bigger, but you won when it really mattered!  I'll always remember those two region games up at White House with the girls (region semi in 2011, and region final in 2012) both of which went to overtime and were great matches.  Also remember you taking out Notre Dame the following week at state in 2012 when your girl up top who went to Carson Newman, ripped the winner from about 20 out midway through the second half.  I believe that was your daughters senior year, if memory serves me correct.  That was a great team.

All the best and after that match today, you have no reason to do anything but to hold your head up.

JFW

Edited by yAxis