2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

I agree, I got a letter in the mail about sending my son to some type of exposure camp so if the price is right you'll be ranked? I bet college coaches know who to see play.

You are right Q its hard to know the genuine impact org vs the just out for your money org. My advice to most kids is attend college camps directly and spend most your money and time on a personal trainer and in the gym by yourself working on the craft. That will affect you game and ability the most.

i have talked to some coaches though and many of them do put value in things like Andre and Big Shots and PrepHoops (NC) report because their viewing time is so limited and there are so many good players nowdays. upper majors know who they want and get first crack but upper d2 to Mid Majors are all trying to hit more than miss on a kid.....God has a plan for Connor Arnold and we are trusting in that one the most! D2,D1, Junco its all a blessing to be given opportunity.

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Zy plays AAU ball with Tee Higgins , I know they compete in tourneys such as the King James classic and such , being 5-10 prob hurts him alot, I have seen a couple of guards on that list play, and I would take Zy any day! He does have some games with min shot attempts at times so ppg suffer, but when feb. (tourny) time comes, he shines!

Tee Higgins playing with Bobby Maze this year.....ZY miving to Bobby?

So what are the thoughts on tomorrow night in 4A?

Consolation- Coalfield by 11+ over Jellico

Championship- Oakdale by 20+ over Wartburg

All but Oakdale lose in the first round of the region. Oakdale loses in Semis.

No way Oakdale beats Wartburg by 20 at Wartburg. I would take Wartburg by 6 and Coalfield by 4.

You are right Q its hard to know the genuine impact org vs the just out for your money org. My advice to most kids is attend college camps directly and spend most your money and time on a personal trainer and in the gym by yourself working on the craft. That will affect you game and ability the most.

i have talked to some coaches though and many of them do put value in things like Andre and Big Shots and PrepHoops (NC) report because their viewing time is so limited and there are so many good players nowdays. upper majors know who they want and get first crack but upper d2 to Mid Majors are all trying to hit more than miss on a kid.....God has a plan for Connor Arnold and we are trusting in that one the most! D2,D1, Junco its all a blessing to be given opportunity.

I was referring to this place out of Atlanta that sends these letters and for 200 will guarantee my son a scholarship. Connor is extremely talented so I'm sure he will play at the next level. Great size and can shoot.

Harriman Grace game was a really good game tonight. Grace shot the ball well, Arnold played well. Really proud of the way Bingham played for us. Shot the ball really well. Would like to have seen that game on a little dryer court. Rockwood is playing better than what I saw earlier in the year. Seems like this district is playing good basketball at the right time.

Harriman Grace game was a really good game tonight. Grace shot the ball well, Arnold played well. Really proud of the way Bingham played for us. Shot the ball really well. Would like to have seen that game on a little dryer court. Rockwood is playing better than what I saw earlier in the year. Seems like this district is playing good basketball at the right time.

Connor called me said the gym was 90Degrees and like a slip and slide. Heat unit was stuck and they could turn off or something. Lots of water on floor

Well Ill be back for Meigs V GCA Round 3 Wed night. Go Rams

CAH09, I wasn't trying to take a jab at you personally. I hope it didn't seem that way, and if it did I apologize. Take a look through this page, Facebook, Twitter, wherever when a team loses. You will see mention of terrible officiating or a terrible call costing a team the game almost every time. Just tired of seeing people pass the blame on the officials every game.

I agree, blaming officials for a game that is lost gets old........... but in this case the official made a huge mistake in making a 10 second violation call that can be checked by going back and looking at the clock.......... this is not like you are questioning a foul/non-foul call. There was 24.7  on the clock when Oakdale missed the front end of a one plus and when the official made the call there was 16.2 on the clock......... does not add up to 10 seconds then to compound the problem the officials went and reset the clock to 19.2 which makes no sense at all, so technically Jellico got a 10 second violation and 5 seconds ran off the clock (on top of the bad call, the other official hit the Jellico player with a T that was brought on by the bad call-official could have warned the player about slamming the ball down, and yes I know the rule about slamming the ball down warrants an automatic technical but I think the officials did not handle this very well considering the situation)........I'm not here to complain (I'm just stating my opinion because this web-site allows for opinions to be stated) because I don't have a dog in the hunt........... Jellico may not have scored but one thing is for certain we will never know because they didn't get the chance............ the official blew the call........... and I'm moving on with this subject. Best of Luck to all district 4 teams tuesday night.

With all this whining about referees some things to think about:

1) Are the refs human?  YES

2) Do humans make mistakes? YES

3) Did all of the players finish the game perfectly with no mistakes (turnovers, missed shots, fouls, missed defensive assignments, etc)? 99.9% NO

So if we are not going to crucify the players for making a turnover, or missing a "good" shot, then why should we do the same to a human ref?  It all evens out in the end.  I'm sure there were calls that were questionable/judgement calls that went both teams ways earlier in the game.  Get over it and just applaud the young men for giving their all, and if you want to jump on the refs, talk to the TSSAA, buy a whistle, put on the stripes, and go out and do it better.  Otherwise, pay your money, buy some popcorn, and hope your team makes just enough plays to play another game.

yea, I hear you...and generally agree. In this case, the refs came up because in a one pt game in the final possession a 7.8 "ten" sec call was made costing jellico a chance to win. So yea...that will get some comments as it should. It was a terrible screwup...that kind of mess up simply cannot happen without anyone commenting.

yea, I hear you...and generally agree. In this case, the refs came up because in a one pt game in the final possession a 7.8 "ten" sec call was made costing jellico a chance to win. So yea...that will get some comments as it should. It was a terrible screwup...that kind of mess up simply cannot happen without anyone commenting.

I agree that the refs need to be more "on their game" at this time of year, and especially late in games.  My rant comes not just from comments on here, and at high schools and middle schools across the area, but I was at a little league basketball game this past weekend and heard a coach telling his team that they lost because of the refs.  Certainly it wasn't because he  made several questionable decisions coaching-wise (that I saw waiting for the next game to start that I was there for), or the fact that the other team was better.  I was just really appalled by the fact that even at the elementary age there are idiots out there blaming a loss on officials.  Teach the kids to play the right way, with solid fundamentals, and with good sportsmanship, and then let the love of the game carry them through those tough loses.