Class A State Bracket

bluecollar

Surprised it took this long before this started. If it makes you feel better to play the victim then by all means go ahead. Meanwhile you cheapen what is a great team and a great accomplishment by Summertown.

Good post. No need for that stuff on this day.

You called it correct the whole way.

Whatever! No cheapening of Summertown's accomplishments.

Anyway, congrats to your kid's on the win. They work hard and have nothing to do with the politics in sports where money rules.

You have no view from this side of the fence, so go judge yourself before you judge me.

My beef is with the classification by tssaa, not with you or your team GCAPRIDE

Now you want to play the religion card? Come on, give me a break.

No Bubba, you got that card you been playin'. Would give you a break, but you already bought that. Speaking my opinion. You got yours, I got mine. I really never understood the views of others before who have complained of public/private mixing until now. Always looked at it as win some lose some, but I guess it burns most at some point of high school involvement, and we got ours today. Anyway, good life, good luck, go pick a fight somewhere else on line, and preach what the tssaa enforces for you, cause this little part of the world is out of mine starting right..........now

• Upvote 1

This is the part I dislike about sports. Parents making excuses for little Johnny and why their team didn't win. I grew up playing baseball in East Tn at a small rural high school. We had to play Webb (in our district) with several D-1 prospects on their team. We never once complained about it being unfair or they were cheaters, etc... We always tried our best and relished playing such a good team.

Fast forward to present time and my kids have the privilege to go to a private school in Nashville. Now do private schools actively recruit? Answer: Not any more than public schools.

My whole problem with the whining is this. You are teaching your kids to make excuses on why they "cant" win or why they aren't any good. To me you should be teaching them how to play your hardest and leave it all on the field. To be a good lose and winner. Not to whine! If little Johnny gets a job interview and is going against someone from a private school for that same job and loses it are you going to complain that it's unfair?

To me sports are about as fair as they are going to be. A fair share of public schools win championships and so do private schools. Everyone needs to quit complaining and making excuses. Life doesn't care about your excuses. Be strong congratulate your competition and grow from it!

(Let the bashing begin in, 3,2,1...)

This is the part I dislike about sports. Parents making excuses for little Johnny and why their team didn't win. I grew up playing baseball in East Tn at a small rural high school. We had to play Webb (in our district) with several D-1 prospects on their team. We never once complained about it being unfair or they were cheaters, etc... We always tried our best and relished playing such a good team.

Fast forward to present time and my kids have the privilege to go to a private school in Nashville. Now do private schools actively recruit? Answer: Not any more than public schools.

My whole problem with the whining is this. You are teaching your kids to make excuses on why they "cant" win or why they aren't any good. To me you should be teaching them how to play your hardest and leave it all on the field. To be a good lose and winner. Not to whine! If little Johnny gets a job interview and is going against someone from a private school for that same job and loses it are you going to complain that it's unfair?

To me sports are about as fair as they are going to be. A fair share of public schools win championships and so do private schools. Everyone needs to quit complaining and making excuses. Life doesn't care about your excuses. Be strong congratulate your competition and grow from it!

(Let the bashing begin in, 3,2,1...)

The whole private vs. public thing has no place here...this thread is class A bracket, and both are included. Congrat's to all who made it there, it's no small accomplishment just to be included in the conversation "best in state".

No Bubba, you got that card you been playin'. Would give you a break, but you already bought that. Speaking my opinion. You got yours, I got mine. I really never understood the views of others before who have complained of public/private mixing until now. Always looked at it as win some lose some, but I guess it burns most at some point of high school involvement, and we got ours today. Anyway, good life, good luck, go pick a fight somewhere else on line, and preach what the tssaa enforces for you, cause this little part of the world is out of mine starting right..........now

There should be a complete split. The proportion of private schools playing in A and AA and the number of those teams playing in the state tournament year after year makes it pretty evident that a split needs to happen. Once in a while is one thing, but year after year tells me that there is an advantage for them. Classifications are meant to level the playing field. I'm not taking anything away from the coaches, players, or the parents that have the chance to give their kids an opportunity to attend private school either. They work just as hard as anyone. I just don't thinkbthe playing field is level

Edited by thegreatwhite1