Will Adamsville be considered public or private?

Macnarry

If you could see the forest for the trees, you would noticed he mention the R word and MCHS in the sentence as well.

TCAIntense, you and your brother were much smarter than your cousins when it came to making decisions. Shame on you for mentioning the 'R' word because no one at AHS would ever think of doing that.

Coach Bridges is one of my all-time favorites. He may not have beaten MC in football as a head coach, but he did help them win as a great defensive coordinator. I must add he never did it with any Selmer players on his team!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct on the bussing. The premise of the post was that as always Mc chose to beat the ol dead horse, regardless of the fact the Michie students can go to either highschool. As we all well know, Mcnairy Co students can choose which highschool they want to attend as long as they can provide transportation if it's not provided.

Personally, I think the whole recruiting conversation is a load of crap. This county is small enough that students/families can easily make the decision as to which school they want to be a part without any solicitation needed. There are many factors that make up this decision - academics, convenience, legacy, various personal reasons, and yes - sports programs. MCHS may not get many Aville students, I don't know that statistic. But I do know that they have out of county kids due to the quality of the sports program that they are affiliated with, or possibly because of a long standing relationship with a coach from that school.

What's the old saying, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones?!

Edited by CardinalFan00

Bobcats live in a Roundhouse, not a glass house. We could not afford windows back in 1969. CardinalFan, you believe in the tooth fairy if you think AHS does not ®. Coach Massey began the deal in 1980 when he convinced Randall Avery to come from Ramer to play at AHS. Randall will tell you today he made a huge mistake.

Coach Bridges' favorite saying was 'you got to take who gets off the yellow bus.'  Coach Browder's connection at Michie helped begin the  trail of Blue Devils going to AHS. Do you think AHS would have done as well in the early-80s without Sambo Carroll, Terry Nixon and Jimmy Sides? 

No complaints i

Bobcats live in a Roundhouse, not a glass house. We could not afford windows back in 1969. CardinalFan, you believe in the tooth fairy if you think AHS does not ®. Coach Massey began the deal in 1980 when he convinced Randall Avery to come from Ramer to play at AHS. Randall will tell you today he made a huge mistake.

Coach Bridges' favorite saying was 'you got to take who gets off the yellow bus.' Coach Browder's connection at Michie helped begin the trail of Blue Devils going to AHS. Do you think AHS would have done as well in the early-80s without Sambo Carroll, Terry Nixon and Jimmy Sides?

No complaints i

Those are my boys you mentioned there. Great folks and great athletes as well as classmates at Michie. Too bad they didn't make the track East. They had great careers at Aville though. You are right. It all started with Randall Avery and Don Jackson followed. Don was a great player for Bethel. Boy did he make a mistake! He was 0fer against the Cats! By the way MacN, I was QB at Michie in 8th grade and my backfield was Sambo and Terry! Sambo broke his leg in jamboree and Terry tore ligaments in game 1. Oh, what we could have been. Instead we got our brains beat in and won 1 game over Bethel! Ha.

Please keep in mind this is a open county ! Always has been ! When we was getting our eyes beat in we wasn't crying ! Success breads sucsess! We start winning and kids started coming ! Until they close the county , take your beating like a man and get better ! Hey yall got two Aville players to transfer to Selmer High ! We didn't cry about it ! It's the kids choice !

Those are my boys you mentioned there. Great folks and great athletes as well as classmates at Michie. Too bad they didn't make the track East. They had great careers at Aville though. You are right. It all started with Randall Avery and Don Jackson followed. Don was a great player for Bethel. Boy did he make a mistake! He was 0fer against the Cats! By the way MacN, I was QB at Michie in 8th grade and my backfield was Sambo and Terry! Sambo broke his leg in jamboree and Terry tore ligaments in game 1. Oh, what we could have been. Instead we got our brains beat in and won 1 game over Bethel! Ha.

Sounds like bad quarterbacking........jk

I'll give you one thing - you got me beat on the history of McNairy Co sports, and the finances of the olden days! But, like it or not, these Selmer and Ramer kids of the last few years that are at Aville did not need any arm twisting as to where they wanted to play.

Can we at least agree that we're all ready for some football?

Coach Bridges' favorite saying was 'you got to take who gets off the yellow bus.' Coach Browder's connection at Michie helped begin the trail of Blue Devils going to AHS. Do you think AHS would have done as well in the early-80s without Sambo Carroll, Terry Nixon and Jimmy Sides?

No complaints i

Edited by CardinalFan00

Ok, I'm going to throw in an objective opinion since I don't live in McNairy Co anymore and my kids attend elsewhere. First of all, the Aville people are correct in that kids can come from Ramer, Bethel, Selmer, Pickwick, Henderson or wherever. As long as kids provide their own transportation no rules are broken. I don't agree with open enrollment and I assure you TSSAA will be addressing it. We deal with it in Madison County as well. If AVille has kids coming from all those areas they should not be called Aville High. Call them what they are.....McNairy Central East. The Bobcats should be McNairy Central Weat and Cardinals should be McNairy Central East. Adamsville is not truly Adamsville High and that's ok because they are not breaking the rules but don't call it Aville when it's really not. That ought to stir up folks on both sides!! 😄. Look forward to the interesting feedback!