Will Adamsville be considered public or private?

Macnarry

Ok, I'm going to throw in an objective opinion since I don't live in McNairy Co anymore and my kids attend elsewhere. First of all, the Aville people are correct in that kids can come from Ramer, Bethel, Selmer, Pickwick, Henderson or wherever. As long as kids provide their own transportation no rules are broken. I don't agree with open enrollment and I assure you TSSAA will be addressing it. We deal with it in Madison County as well. If AVille has kids coming from all those areas they should not be called Aville High. Call them what they are.....McNairy Central East. The Bobcats should be McNairy Central Weat and Cardinals should be McNairy Central East. Adamsville is not truly Adamsville High and that's ok because they are not breaking the rules but don't call it Aville when it's really not. That ought to stir up folks on both sides!! . Look forward to the interesting feedback!

THAT should bring out the whippin' stick!!!  ;)  These little communities are very proud (and very protective) of their schools,their colors, and their mascot's. A few (13) years back, Scotts Hill got "our" new high school...only the site was not in Scotts Hill! Some influential people wanted a new (South Henderson) name,along with mascot and colors, and almost "sneaked" it by until it was too late. When the city of Scotts Hill learned of this, they gave the BOE an ultimatum...no police protection,fire protection, or any help otherwise...then held a called meeting to expand the city limit 1/2 mile west. With the overwhelming support of the community (even most of the Sardis folks, who had their own school (Blue Devils) closed, and incorporated into SH), the board gave in and... long live the Black and Gold Lions! I'd be in disguise if I were you next Thanksgiving!!! 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that about open zoned schools coming from a private school guy? Give me a break. That is all

You know it's true! Open zoned is a much bigger problem than private schools. TSSAA will eventually address it if they split the publics and privates.

All that about open zoned schools coming from a private school guy? Give me a break. That is all

So you do not feel open zone schools have an advantage over closed zoned schools?  Open zones can get their players from anywhere, just like privates. 

Some public schools started throwing stones and are now starting to see the cracks in their open zoned glass houses.  I've always said be careful what you wish for.

So you do not feel open zone schools have an advantage over closed zoned schools? Open zones can get their players from anywhere, just like privates.

Some public schools started throwing stones and are now starting to see the cracks in their open zoned glass houses. I've always said be careful what you wish for.

+1

So you do not feel open zone schools have an advantage over closed zoned schools? Open zones can get their players from anywhere, just like privates.

Some public schools started throwing stones and are now starting to see the cracks in their open zoned glass houses. I've always said be careful what you wish for.

We don't make the rules , we just play by them !!

Privates have much more of an advantage , they can offer better education and environment ! It's not like people are gonna drop and move to a rural county school just to play ball ! It ain't like Adamsville is a sprawling metropolis with lots of opportunity for incoming parents ! The only cry babies we have about us is the other county school who can't handle thier butt being beat by little brother ! As far as taking kids from outta county like Hardin , Adamsville city limits goes into Hardin County! If we was everyone's homecoming game like it used to be no one would be saying a word !

Privates have much more of an advantage , they can offer better education and environment ! It's not like people are gonna drop and move to a rural county school just to play ball ! It ain't like Adamsville is a sprawling metropolis with lots of opportunity for incoming parents ! The only cry babies we have about us is the other county school who can't handle thier butt being beat by little brother ! As far as taking kids from outta county like Hardin , Adamsville city limits goes into Hardin County! If we was everyone's homecoming game like it used to be no one would be saying a word !

+2

You never answered my question.  Do you feel open zone schools have an advantage over closed zoned schools?   

Maybe all open zones are not the same....but the exact same can be said about privates.  They are not all the same.

So is there an advantage to being open zoned opposed to closed. in your opinion?

You never answered my question. Do you feel open zone schools have an advantage over closed zoned schools?

Maybe all open zones are not the same....but the exact same can be said about privates. They are not all the same.

So is there an advantage to being open zoned opposed to closed. in your opinion?

In a rural setting ? No !

Ok, I'm going to throw in an objective opinion since I don't live in McNairy Co anymore and my kids attend elsewhere. First of all, the Aville people are correct in that kids can come from Ramer, Bethel, Selmer, Pickwick, Henderson or wherever. As long as kids provide their own transportation no rules are broken. I don't agree with open enrollment and I assure you TSSAA will be addressing it. We deal with it in Madison County as well. If AVille has kids coming from all those areas they should not be called Aville High. Call them what they are.....McNairy Central East. The Bobcats should be McNairy Central Weat and Cardinals should be McNairy Central East. Adamsville is not truly Adamsville High and that's ok because they are not breaking the rules but don't call it Aville when it's really not. That ought to stir up folks on both sides!! . Look forward to the interesting feedback!

That would be communism haha. I say let them go where they want to, I don't believe in forcing people to go to a certain place.

Red Rage, the Adamsville city line goes to Crump and not Pickwick. The AHS rulebook is written in crayon and can be changed when it is necessary to make you feel about your latest deals. Adamsville has a more strict admission policy than most private schools.

If you are from Selmer or Ramer and can't play sports, you are not getting in the school. Remember, your school is overcrowded!

AHS did not (R ) in football when Danny Combs was the coach. Your current coach even went to a church to talk to a junior high player last year. You can try to alibi out of that one, but Nick Saban would draw the line at going after a player in church.

Red Rage, the Adamsville city line goes to Crump and not Pickwick. The AHS rulebook is written in crayon and can be changed when it is necessary to make you feel about your latest deals. Adamsville has a more strict admission policy than most private schools.

If you are from Selmer or Ramer and can't play sports, you are not getting in the school. Remember, your school is overcrowded!

AHS did not (R ) in football when Danny Combs was the coach. Your current coach even went to a church to talk to a junior high player last year. You can try to alibi out of that one, but Nick Saban would draw the line at going after a player in church.

The butthurt never stops for you does it! Whine, cry, stomp your feet, I want everything my way temper tantrum throwing baby! You'll get a good whipping when you play us! Dawgs don't like cats!!