• Dekalb County
    • Upperman
    • Camden Central
    • McMinn Central
    • Covington
    • Dyersburg
    • Pigeon Forge
    • Elizabethton
    • Not Listed here (comment with team name below)

This is an example of a very reasonable approach. I'm sure there are many approaches, some may be better, some worse, but that's the TSSAA's problem, and their responsibility to figure out. Obviously, some open zone play in the highest division for D1 already, but I think most would agree that this issue affects the smaller public schools the most, not so much the large 5A / 6A type schools, just as the D1 privates have a larger advantage over a 3A - 1A school than they do over a large school.

but again, county's set school zones not the tssaa. Say a school goes over the limt by a couple kids slightly over a school zone line, they could quickly move the zone a half mile to stay within the rules. Its a complicated issue for sure. But for me, public ball has pro and cons. So does private ball. But they are to many diffrences to lump them all together in the playoffs and keep it fair. Public/Privates need split, and have their own boards within the tsssaa to decided what direction to go. Maybe 1a-4a in public, 3 divisionss in private like non-schoolarship and two schoolships divisions like we currently have. Cut it from 8 champioships to 7 and have more competition.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats him, I knew it was Vandy or Ohio st., not sure why I was thinking OSU.....lol

But yeah great player, he will be missed for sure.....

He didn't have a OSU offer. His two best offers were Vandy and Colorado. They were the only two Power 5, Division 1 offers he had. The only other division 1 offer he had was from Navy. He also had a handful of D2 offers, or whatever you want to call that particular subdivision. Personally, I think he's a bit underrated. 247 has him as a low 3 star, and yahoo sports/rivals had him as a 2 star. I was hoping UT would offer him a preferred walk on spot, with the chance to earn a full scholarship going into next season. 

He didn't have a OSU offer. His two best offers were Vandy and Colorado. They were the only two Power 5, Division 1 offers he had. The only other division 1 offer he had was from Navy. He also had a handful of D2 offers, or whatever you want to call that particular subdivision. Personally, I think he's a bit underrated. 247 has him as a low 3 star, and yahoo sports/rivals had him as a 2 star. I was hoping UT would offer him a preferred walk on spot, with the chance to earn a full scholarship going into next season.

Speed hurt him a lot, the one thing you can't coach. I agree that more scjools should have offered him...his on the field play showed he was a top end player.

Speed hurt him a lot, the one thing you can't coach. I agree that more scjools should have offered him...his on the field play showed he was a top end player.

unfortunately, I've seen this so many times with great HS players. They can be GREAT HS players, and just not translate with the measurable numbers to the next level. Just in the last few years at our little school I saw the same thing out of WR Davis Howell and QB Charlie High. Proven winners and play makers that just didn't translate in the eyes of the scouts to the next level at the top tier, yet two of the best I've ever seen. Frankly, you see the same between NCAA and NFL. I hope that this young man lights it up in college. He looked great in the championship game.