• Dekalb County
    • Upperman
    • Camden Central
    • McMinn Central
    • Covington
    • Dyersburg
    • Pigeon Forge
    • Elizabethton
    • Not Listed here (comment with team name below)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I think Alcoa is the favorite this year and every year. But, I do think CAK has a chance to hang with them (obviously strictly based on preseason thoughts, which may not be valid at all as the season gets underway.)

I think if CAK was able to get past Alcoa, a CAK / CPA match up would be very interesting. I can tell you that I don't think CAK would hold CPA to just 7 points, but I definitely don't think CPA would hold CAK to 0. While CPA would be the favorite in that game, I think they may be better off facing a traditional run team than facing the CAK offense. Most teams are just more used to defending a traditional offense, it's just that normally Alcoa is so much more dominant athletically that they can control the clock and score anyway. This wasn't the case last year against CPA.

So, In order I would say Alcoa, CPA, CAK. But if CAK gets past Alcoa, all bets are off, and I think it would be a great match up to see how CPA and CAK matched up.

I think it would be GREAT for 3A if one of these other teams made it to the finals and / or won state. But until I see it, I'm gonna call it like UT / Fla. They are going to have to prove that they can not only hang with the good teams, but compete with the top teams in 3A ACROSS the state, not just in their region. CPA proved that for the first time in a decade last year as they not only knocked off Milan, but then got past Alcoa.

Hmmm, I think Alcoa is the favorite this year and every year. But, I do think CAK has a chance to hang with them (obviously strictly based on preseason thoughts, which may not be valid at all as the season gets underway.)

I think if CAK was able to get past Alcoa, a CAK / CPA match up would be very interesting. I can tell you that I don't think CAK would hold CPA to just 7 points, but I definitely don't think CPA would hold CAK to 0. While CPA would be the favorite in that game, I think they may be better off facing a traditional run team than facing the CAK offense. Most teams are just more used to defending a traditional offense, it's just that normally Alcoa is so much more dominant athletically that they can control the clock and score anyway. This wasn't the case last year against CPA.

So, In order I would say Alcoa, CPA, CAK. But if CAK gets past Alcoa, all bets are off, and I think it would be a great match up to see how CPA and CAK matched up.

I think it would be GREAT for 3A if one of these other teams made it to the finals and / or won state. But until I see it, I'm gonna call it like UT / Fla. They are going to have to prove that they can not only hang with the good teams, but compete with the top teams in 3A ACROSS the state, not just in their region. CPA proved that for the first time in a decade last year as they not only knocked off Milan, but then got past Alcoa.

If the time came (which it has the last 10 postseasons) and CAK gets past Alcoa then I think they'll take it all. That's purely just a hunch, but CPA, Notre Dame, etc won't see an offense like CAK all year as far as how that offense is executed and they should have the players to effectively execute it this year. The big question for the Alcoa game will be if CAK's line can keep Alcoa's super talented D-line out of the backfield, and give Smith enough time to find those receivers.

not so sure where Boogers faithful Irish belong in the run this year.....7v7's have been very productive as of late.....yesterday at the Heritage (GA) tournament  we pretty much sweep it.....winning over Soddy, Heritage, North Murray, Brainerd, and think we beat North Red Bank Mountain again by 1.....this is happening with skilled players and a very experienced QB in Darris...lots of young freshman making up part of the main frame......the meat in the middle is not part of the equation, so it is hard to tell in these 7's.....and as we all know; pads are a major part of this game......should be exciting and Booger is ready; but not so sure where we belong in that peckin order

has to be CPA's to give up and Alcoa holding the (history says).......after that:, Booger figures that one of ND, CAK and Milan will be on the podium with ND getting nod because of the last few years results; but we lost a ton......I know UCM and Crow thinks that 70, 80 ball players is the answer for Upperman, but it aint hapnin......dark horse besides ND is McMinn

the baddest LB in 3A and maybe the state is Enos.....watch out for this show 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1550430/highlights/222569377/v2

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: