• Dekalb County
    • Upperman
    • Camden Central
    • McMinn Central
    • Covington
    • Dyersburg
    • Pigeon Forge
    • Elizabethton
    • Not Listed here (comment with team name below)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take Alcoa!  Now before all the fuss.....let's have a little review shall we.

Alcoa vs CPA final score 0-7

Alcoa had 37 rushing attempts for a total of 182 yds for an avg of 4.6 per carry

CPA had 54 rushing attempts for a total of 278 yds for an avg of 4.7 per carry

Alcoa lost 13 yds rushing     CPA rushing yds lost was 26

Alcoa had 5 completions on 15 attempts and 1 int  for  36 total yds and has 2.4 per attempt and 7.2 per completion

CPA had 0 completions on 2 attempts and 0 int for all zeros

Total offense yards                Alcoa 205    CPA 252

Time of possession               Alcoa 22:45   CPA 25:15

A difference of .07 yds per carry and CPA was completely one dimensional.  The weather played a huge factor with 13-18 mph winds.  CPA had the best drive for the day with 83 yds in 10 plays which scored the only TD of the game.  So with that said...  both were very equal the remainder of the game.  I don't see CPA doing it again with this style of play.  Tyson had the bulk of Alcoa's yds (142) and I see them much more hungry this year than last.  If CPA had "blown" Alcoa out of the stadium then it would be much different.  One win isn't a dynasty....

Booger thinkin the one dimensional title was attached to the wrong team by gr8tplay......the weather was the same for both team; if it played a negative role in anyones game it was CPA....Alcoa cant throw the ball, then again in most cases they dont have to...correct that one win isn't a dynasty, but it was a State Championship

dont count out the Irish.....they have a big hill to climb but it can be climbed

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

90 plus ball players, And Don't forget the last two times ND traveled north during the playoffs to UHS in 2013 and LA in 2005, neither worked out well.....Ben Herron has the Bees going in a good direction, he is 4-2 the last two seaons in the playoffs and has a lot of kids out playing. He took over a team that went back to back 1-9 in 2009 and 2010 and typically had about 35 kids on the team. We will know a lot about UHS by game three. They have 4a LA in the jamboree, 6a Cookeville game 1, Trousdale County game 3.

How do you see that Upperman/Cookeville game playing out? Believe it or not, I'd love to see little ole Upperman blow out their big brother of the county, but I just don't see it happening. I think the end result will be something along the lines of a 42-28, 45-31 type of victory for Cookeville. I do however think they'll hand it to Trousdale Co. down on the creek bank. I think TC will be down compared to you're typical type of TC team. I think their looking at the type of season they had in 2012 and last year. 

How do you see that Upperman/Cookeville game playing out? Believe it or not, I'd love to see little ole Upperman blow out their big brother of the county, but I just don't see it happening. I think the end result will be something along the lines of a 42-28, 45-31 type of victory for Cookeville. I do however think they'll hand it to Trousdale Co. down on the creek bank. I think TC will be down compared to you're typical type of TC team. I think their looking at the type of season they had in 2012 and last year.

Ok UHS with 90 players, and 740 students and 2-3 kids that might end up playing at Carson Newman or maybe Tech level verse CHS with 150 plaing, 2450 students and a OleMiss 4star and WKU 3star comitt and 5 more the Carson Newman level......CHS by 17. Sorta like I see the Martyville Alcoa game going. 31-14 maybe 35-17 range. CHS I think will finish 8th-5th in 6a, problem is for them,3 of the teams in front of them could be from their own region. TC is around 5th best in 1a, I think UHS wins by 14, 28-14. I think UH is like LA in 4a, both should finish about 5th-8th in their class and 3rd rounders in playoffs, But if either happens to upset CHS.....all bets are off. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

the whole thing with UHS is the fact they have 40 plus jr and sr's. That in the fact they all had to play early in 2014 because the 2013 class had 21 seniors. Now this Watts kid comes in from Vegas.He will not be CY and score 74 td's(5.2 per game). But UH was predicted top 10 before he came in, who knows how much a bump he will provide. From what I have seen from spring scrimmage on HUDL and one 7on7 game.....He is about like Lucas Phillips...pretty good arm and can run good. Not the Arm of Jennings, cant run like CY. But is a very good combo of both. Actually, I think he looks better at FS....he plays the ball well and will be a two way starter. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

the whole thing with UHS is the fact they have 40 plus jr and sr's. That in the fact they all had to play early in 2014 because the 2013 class had 21 seniors. Now this Watts kid comes in from Vegas.He will not be CY and score 74 td's(5.2 per game). But UH was predicted top 10 before he came in, who knows how much a bump he will provide. From what I have seen from spring scrimmage on HUDL and one 7on7 game.....He is about like Lucas Phillips...pretty good arm and can run good. Not the Arm of Jennings, cant run like CY. But is a very good combo of both. Actually, I think he looks better at FS....he plays the ball well and will be a two way starter.

QB's like that only come around your program once a century maybe.....21 seniors should not hurt a program with that many players; but it does happen from time to time.....Booger hopin we dont experience the same with our 17 that graduated....the thing is, 7 of our 17 signed scholarships to the next level and 2 more that could have inked if they had not chosen to go different routes...that will derail most teams our size; hopefully that will not be the case with us this year

QB's like that only come around your program once a century maybe.....21 seniors should not hurt a program with that many players; but it does happen from time to time.....Booger hopin we dont experience the same with our 17 that graduated....the thing is, 7 of our 17 signed scholarships to the next level and 2 more that could have inked if they had not chosen to go different routes...that will derail most teams our size; hopefully that will not be the case with us this year

agree but in 2013 UH had about 60 players, 21 left leaving them 39...7 in last years senior class. Of those 21 seniors they had a kid sign with Carson Newman, W&Mary, ETSU, Cumberland and a few more that could have signed but choose other routes. That's hard to replace for a semi rule 3a school. I think I heard of the about 90 UH players, 28 are Jrs. So the next 2 years should be stout for them. Herron has the program headed in the right direction. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan