coaches whom curse alot

fooseball96

I don't see it as a problem at all. It's just a part of the culture like it is in the military. And it's not just the coaches either, the players often cuss as much as or more than the coaches. I know I have heard alot of cussing from WB players over the years. I don't like how people are trying to make everything so PC these days. My brother played at McMinn Central and he said the players and coaches all cussed like sailors. But one night the vice principal decided that he was going to stand on the sidelines and police them and they all resented him for it.

If a Coach can't control himself , how can he control his Kids ... Teams that came out Cussing , and acting Redneck didn't worry us .... the teams that came out as a unit with a lot of discipline .... and cold and calculated , they were a little worrisome . 

Coaches were a lot more " Hands on " in my day ... now you gotta worry about spoiled brats and Lawyers . 

If a Coach can't control himself , how can he control his Kids ... Teams that came out Cussing , and acting Redneck didn't worry us .... the teams that came out as a unit with a lot of discipline .... and cold and calculated , they were a little worrisome .

Coaches were a lot more " Hands on " in my day ... now you gotta worry about spoiled brats and Lawyers .

Coaches and players can cuss and get angry and still be disciplined. I don't think the two things have to have any connection to one another. Most players cuss at each other when they screw up and alot of coaches cuss too but that's probably becoming less common as things become more PC. The only thing I can say is its a good thing most fans cant hear what really goes on on the sidelines or they would have a stroke.lol Edited by Governors91

The way that the coaching staff expresses themselves on the field & in team meetings is ok so long as they WIN! The same can be said for the kids saying whatever as long as they leave it on the field and turn it off when the practice/game is over.

Like Kirk Hastings (Perry County) said when he went to play basketball for Bobby "The General" Knight. Listen to the message and not how it is delivered.

You will never win championships with a team full of Altar Boys, you must mix in a few convicts to be successful.

Not High School related, but it appears Butch Jones potty mouth has rubbed a couple of his players the wrong way, and they just decided to up and leave the program.

Most of the players that have left did it because they wouldn't have been able to get playing time because Butch is bringing in big time talent! Also, do you really believe the other SEC coaches don't have potty mouths?

Coaches and players can cuss and get angry and still be disciplined. I don't think the two things have to have any connection to one another. Most players cuss at each other when they screw up and alot of coaches cuss too but that's probably becoming less common as things become more PC. The only thing I can say is its a good thing most fans cant hear what really goes on on the sidelines or they would have a stroke.lol

I guess after watching Coach Quarles for so long I just believe most teams would be a lot better off with a coach or coaches who actually coached them in what they were doing wrong instead of just screaming at them . I've seen too many teams come in , get rattled , coaches and players cussing each other , and it just gets worse . 

Most of the players that have left did it because they wouldn't have been able to get playing time because Butch is bringing in big time talent! Also, do you really believe the other SEC coaches don't have potty mouths?

In general that's true.Some coaches have awful mouths and some don't. Mark Richt absolutely does not cuss his players. Bruce was probably never going to see the field, and Kyle Oliver was a project at best too. Wharton and Hendrix both left the program specifically because their feelings was getting hurt by CBJ's foul language. Wharton would of ended up being a nice slot receiver for us, and Hendrix was a composite 4 star DE that had all the coaches raving about his talent. The only thing holding him back seemed to of been an ever more talented freshman DE by the name of Barnett. Hendrix would of turned into a good player for us as well, but we replaced him with a local 5 star DE in the 15 class, so it's all good.