How do we control all the recruiting in public schools?

RonMexico3

The TSSAA investigated this as the student in question was still a prospective student. If he was enrolled, I'm sure that would have come out in the investigation.

Every article I read said the student was already enrolled and had participated in the summer workouts.

Now, I know there could've been some misreporting, but I read several articles on it and they all said the same thing.

Every article I read said the student was already enrolled and had participated in the summer workouts.

Now, I know there could've been some misreporting, but I read several articles on it and they all said the same thing.

Bingo, Ron must be sipping coronas below the border or doesn't understand that it's ridiculous that they made Marshall "self impose" penalties for giving a ride to a player, not recruiting in any way, shape or form. If it is then there would be a lot of coaches guilty and that just isn't right, so many kids count on their coaches everyday to get rides. But whoever called it in said they are enticing him to attend their school, took pics, hired a undercover detective or whatever... Sad life for that guy

UCM, I usually enjoy your posts and respect your opinion even if I don't necessarily agree. But this is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if this came from someone that wasn't pretty knowledgeable but coming from you...? You need to look up what the rules are with respect to undue influence, first contact, and recruiting. You either don't know, or are deliberately ignoring the fact that some parents simply WANT to send their kid to a private school. Could be for athletics. That's their business. Could be for the education. That's there business. Could be because their public school is not up to their standards. That is their business. In all of these circumstances, a parent who makes first contact with a school and decides to send their kid there is within the rules of the TSSAA and not in violation of any "recruiting" prohibitions, as is the particular school. Regardless, your statement is incorrect, and shows either no understanding of what the rules actually are, or indicate you simply wish to paint all private schools with a broad brush because you have an agenda.

So please sir, define "all private schools recruit...." That is an absurd and unfounded assertion. The poster that you responded to backed his post up with FACTS from violations as reported by the TSSAA. 1. Where are your facts that "all private schools recruit..." 2. What is the definition of "recruiting?" as defined by the TSSAA that "all public schools...." have violated?

it is not the knowledge of Rules that got UCM caught throwing 1st grade antics; he knows them well enough or knows where to look before typing.......now his world view of supression and unfairness that he thinks the privates have bestowed upon him and his agenda is another thing; but he usally expressess himself better and is more tactful than that...actually there are plenty girls on here with agendas; if UCM is one of em'; he is slippery w/ it..

...Booger believes that there was a malfunction w/ the CPAP machine the night before; therefore causing a wee bit of Hypoxemia in his brain housing group

Booger just sayin zany-zany-comic-joker-smiley-emoticon-00

UCM, I usually enjoy your posts and respect your opinion even if I don't necessarily agree. But this is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if this came from someone that wasn't pretty knowledgeable but coming from you...? You need to look up what the rules are with respect to undue influence, first contact, and recruiting. You either don't know, or are deliberately ignoring the fact that some parents simply WANT to send their kid to a private school. Could be for athletics. That's their business. Could be for the education. That's there business. Could be because their public school is not up to their standards. That is their business. In all of these circumstances, a parent who makes first contact with a school and decides to send their kid there is within the rules of the TSSAA and not in violation of any "recruiting" prohibitions, as is the particular school. Regardless, your statement is incorrect, and shows either no understanding of what the rules actually are, or indicate you simply wish to paint all private schools with a broad brush because you have an agenda.

So please sir, define "all private schools recruit...." That is an absurd and unfounded assertion. The poster that you responded to backed his post up with FACTS from violations as reported by the TSSAA. 1. Where are your facts that "all private schools recruit..." 2. What is the definition of "recruiting?" as defined by the TSSAA that "all public schools...." have violated?

look at my later post, "recruiting" can be defined as many diffrent things. My arguement is the diffrences between public and private are way more than the simularites. Let all the privates decide how they govern, in split seperate calsses under the tssaa. I am all for having regular season non district games with privates and publics, but not playoffs. My plan would be 1a-4a in public. 2 classes of privates. A big and a small class. Use a multiplier for those privates who give athletic schoolarships.

I will add, what Friendship Christain was doing for last 10 years hasn't changed. Yes they chose to go to the private side, after getting that gold ball first. Plenty of area parents were approached after jr high games and told the value of attending their school. If what they were doing was not recruiting, I don't know what was.

I will add, what Friendship Christain was doing for last 10 years hasn't changed. Yes they chose to go to the private side, after getting that gold ball first. Plenty of area parents were approached after jr high games and told the value of attending their school. If what they were doing was not recruiting, I don't know what was.

We can agree on that: "If what they were doing was not recruiting, I don't know what was"

Whats the difference in a CPA/MBA/BGA/whatever supporter going to a Brentwood/Franklin/whatever thread on CoachT and talk about how great their school is?  Under your "knowledge" of recruiting, I couldn't sit with my friends on the opposing side before/during/after a game and talk about my private school with him.

Edited by RonMexico3

look at my later post, "recruiting" can be defined as many diffrent things. My arguement is the diffrences between public and private are way more than the simularites. Let all the privates decide how they govern, in split seperate calsses under the tssaa. I am all for having regular season non district games with privates and publics, but not playoffs. My plan would be 1a-4a in public. 2 classes of privates. A big and a small class. Use a multiplier for those privates who give athletic schoolarships.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but when you say, "all private schools recruit or they would have no students." it is inaccurate on both points. All private schools don't recruit, any more than saying all public schools recruit. It is painting all of one category with a broad brush, and it is simply not true. Secondly, the source of students for a private school is not a zone. Because of being private, they don't have a zone. But that doesn't mean that they have to violate the TSSAA rules to have students or student athletes, and that is what you said. One has to assume that if you are using the term "recruiting" when you were responding to the earlier post documenting recent public schools being charged with TSSAA rule violations, that you were using the term "recruiting" as it would be applied to interpreting the TSSAA's rules and what constitutes a violation. Webster may have more than one definition of recruiting, but the one you were clearly referencing was what the TSSAA defines as recruiting.

Your other points regarding your later post on this subject may be valid. I don't know, and frankly, don't have an opinion. I would simply hope that we would all recognize that while there are those, both public and private schools that violate the TSSAA's rules on "recruiting" that not every public or private violates them. There are some programs, both public and private, that make it a point to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. As an example, some posters on here may know that I am not a fan of the TSSAA ignoring the open zone issue. But at the same time, I have been very outspoken over the years that I firmly believe that teams such as Maryville and Alcoa play by the rules and make it a point to run a clean program. Parents WANT to send their kids there for many reasons, including athletics. Similarly, CAK has made a point of running a clean program. They play by the rules, including the multiplier, and then the chips fall where they may. 

You may feel strongly that there should be separation between public and privates, and I respect that opinion. But I think the original poster's point (not trying to speak for him) is that there is a perception that it is private schools recruiting and not public schools, and he provided documentation to show that there are examples of public schools charged with violations too.  Just my opinions. Your mileage may vary.

We can agree on that: "If what they were doing was not recruiting, I don't know what was"

Whats the difference in a CPA/MBA/BGA/whatever supporter going to a Brentwood/Franklin/whatever thread on CoachT and talk about how great their school is?  Under your "knowledge" of recruiting, I couldn't sit with my friends on the opposing side before/during/after a game and talk about my private school with him.

good point RM3

that is exactly how UCM sees it......he lives black and white w/ the inabilty to see any shading...SUPRESION PRIVADA is the diagnosis.....non of the pub schools in the region for which he may fly a color have not ever and never will do any of the type of the violation of rules the TSSAA have set forth...... only the accusation of Privates for which he claims 100% witnessed proof; have done...

when Booger talks on here about ND having prayer everyday in class, saying the Pledge of Allegiance (and that is the "one nation under God" version) and randomly drug testing our kids;...that is recruiting in his eyes......Cause Booger aint got no mighty facilities and state championships to talk about

that Crow and DekalbCoachK have blind hatred in there blood too; its in the water up there.....aint lyin

if a Private that had no sports programs talk to a kid about how great their school was; would that be recruiting and would it matter

Booger just sayin aveugle.gif

Edited by Booger

Whats the difference in a CPA/MBA/BGA/whatever supporter going to a Brentwood/Franklin/whatever thread on CoachT and talk about how great their school is? Under your "knowledge" of recruiting, I couldn't sit with my friends on the opposing side before/during/after a game and talk about my private school with him.

you could talk about your school unless you were a coach or administrator..